Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ammani KondkariYour feedback matters!
Every time I eat something I get pressure to empty my bowels. Even if I have just tea in the morning after going to the toilet, or whether I have lunch or just a packet of chips. I get pressure. Need a cure for it. It's been so for the last few months.
Is it possible to remove my gallbladder throughout my bellybutton instead of making those 4 tiny holes and what kind of Anesthesia would I received for this surgery.
I have piles problem. Have taken a treatment. But it comes again maybe its due to when I have outside food. How to get completely rid of it. How to deal with itching and discomfort at anus.
Sir/madam, I am 35 years old and suffering from acidity (GERD) since 6 to 7 years and also suffer from migraine. Doctors told that migraine is due to acidity. I have consulted ayurvedic, homeopathic, allopathy doctors but not cured. Now I have been prescribed Pantocid DSR, Naxdom 250mg & betacap plus 10. I feel ok. How long can I continue the prescription? please suggest safe remedy.
Ayurveda talks of five elements in our body. To be healthy, these five elements must be well balanced. These five elements are earth, fire, water, air and ether. Each of these elements have their own characteristics and are responsible for different bodily functions.
While the earth elements represent stability and look after parts of our body, such as the bones, teeth, cells and tissue; the fire elements represent transformation of energy and are responsible for the functioning of the digestive system, nervous reactions and thought processes.
The air elements characterize change and are largely responsible for the circulatory system and temperature regulation. Similarly, air and ether have their own characteristics and responsibilities.
The fire element is also known as agni. There are 13 types of agni in the body. The digestive agni is seated in the lower part of the stomach and small intestine and is made up of various acids and enzymes. This agni is responsible for determining each person’s dietary needs, the absorption of nutrients and burning of waste materials. Thus, a strong agni enables us to digest our food well while a weak agni leads to problems like indigestion and the creation of toxins. According to Ayurveda, the buildup of these toxins is responsible for most diseases. At the same time, an overactive agni can also be detrimental to your health. In such cases, instead of absorbing nutrients, the digestive system produces excessive heat that burns them.
A weak agni is most likely to be caused by a number of reasons. Some of these factors are such that you might not ever think twice about such as:
Eating the same type of food repetitively
Eating food out of sync with your constitution
Eating tasteless food
Irregular meal timing
Drinking too much water with your meals
Not eating when hungry
Not maintaining a regular sleep schedule and
Absence of exercise
Changing the above habits can immediately improve your agni and in turn your digestive system and overall health. Apart from this there are also a few ayurvedic ways to improve your agni. These are:
Adding pungent spices like cumin and chilli to meals
Drinking ginger tea
Eating more small meals at frequent intervals rather than a few large meals.
Eating pitta pacifying food such as ripe, juicy fruits, rice and butter.
- Include herbs that enhance the functioning of agni, such as black pepper, cinnamon, aloe vera and fennel seeds in your diet. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi I am 30 years old. I am fat person. I have gallstones. Some times It's getting pain. What should I do?
I am feeling pain in my chest muscle from last few days. I feel it when I awake in morning and more when I sleep. Although I do not feel it while breathing. I usually suffers from acidity.
My sister is suffering from antral gastritis by endoscopy h pylori many bacteria is seen. Please suggest me what type diet should follow please I need it hardly.
My digestive system is not work properly and I have many issues related to the stomach last 1 months I don't feel hungry in a day I took food only one time in a day give me the suggestion and cure.
My mother Age 55, having Thyroid problem, taking medicines also, facing constipation and heavy acidity. Tried so many medicines didn't work. Is there any solution.
What kind of exercise is beneficial in case of gas problem. I am having chest and back pain due to gas problem. How much time it takes to remove gas problem in general.
I am having severe acidity problem since last 1 year. Endoscopy is normal. Gastro prescribed levosulpiride and rabeprazole B. D. Had relief for a month and after I stopped medication same GERD is irritating me. kindly suggest the remedy.
Hi. I am 26 years old and work in retail. yesterday while relieving (stools) I found thick clots of blood in it. Second time I dint get any blood but today morning again I found blood while relieving myself. Can you please help me with the same.
I haven't sleep correctly since several days, I wake up at 1 or 2 am in night. Due to this I have gas in my body. Now what I should do.
After insertion IUCD before five days, my wife feeling leakage of excess lukoria from vagina. Dr. Advised her five day antibiotic with mefnaic acid and antacid. Whats the reason.
Hello Sir, Me. Bhut parshan hu muje digestion ki problem he sir. Mujhe sarey din dakare aati rheti he, bhuk bhi nai. Lagti pet bhara bhara rhetaaa he me kya kru?
I have an acute acidity problem which aggravated in evening I am normally taking antacid tablets and at times taking zantac I usually don't eat spicy food and consumption of alcohol is max to a pint of beer
Sir since 1 month I have mild fresh blood just surface the stool. No pain. Some time bloating abdominal. Some time mucus in stool. I done protoscopy. Doctor says very tiny internal pile. Sir please help me what is the reason of blood?
5 Ways to alleviate nighttime heartburn
Nighttime heartburn is a very common medical condition that causes a burning sensation in the chest region due to excessive acidity in the digestive system. This condition is witnessed very often in people and mostly it tends to awaken people from their sleep thereby disrupting their sleep patterns. Here are some effective ways to cure and prevent heartburn sensations during the night time.
1. Avoid acidity triggering foods: You should avoid the foods and drinks which are harsh on your digestive system and cause acidity and heartburn related problems during the night time. Some of the common foods and drinks responsible for nighttime heartburn and need to be avoided are alcohol, caffeinated drinks like colas, coffee and tea, chocolate and cocoa, peppermint, garlic, onions, milk, fatty, spicy, greasy, or fried foods and acidic foods like citrus or tomato products.
2. Follow a proper exercising pattern: You should never exercise immediately after having your meals. Instead, a considerable amount of a time gap should exist between your meal and your workout session. Do not ever eat a heavy meal before you exercise, because in spite of giving a time gap the richness of the food will adversely affect your digestive system.
3. Quit smoking habits: If you are a chronic/chain smoker, then you might witness the blockage of your gastrointestinal tract (digestive passages), which will further degrade and worsen the heartburn condition. Easier said than done, smoking is an addictive behaviour and you should be taking special care to lessen it and ultimately quit smoking.
4. Develop a chewing habit: If you are facing a chronic and regular heartburn problem, then you should definitely try excessive chewing of materials like gums. Chewing helps to generate excessive amounts of saliva during the act and the saliva, in turn, helps to soothe the acidic activities in your esophagus, thereby decreasing the probability of frequent heartburns.
5. Adopt weight loss measure: Sometimes, excessive body weight is also one of the potential factors responsible for causing frequent heartburns. But, if you shed a couple of kilograms from your body, then you will surely witness a relative decline in the symptoms of heartburn during night.