Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amjadkhan PathanYour feedback matters!
There is OXYLATE crystal +NT shown in my urine test, amd I have frequent urination, what does this shows?
Mere pita ji ko pesaab karne me 1 saal pahle dikkat hui thi tab pesaab wali nali padi thi aaj phir wahi dikkat ho gayi kya karein.?
My Mother is 85 years of age And having plenty of pus cells in urine, since last three months We are giving her medicines like - NORFLOX - 200 For one month, then on 05102016 we shifted to OFLOMAC - 200. Twice daily for five days i.e. Till 10102016, ,then reduced the tablets to one daily. But no result is observed. She do not have any health problem except weakness. Also she is not having any problem in urine. She is doing her normal activity. No temperature and no sign of infection except in urine path report. Please suggest your opinion.
My radiologist told me that I have subtle increase in cortical echogenicty in both kidneys which may be a start of a possible medical renal disease. However he said this may be physiological in thin patients as I am thin with 23 years male. He advised me to have KFT done. In KFT report I have everything normal except alkaline Phosphatase which is 140 U/L (Normal range given by lab 30-120 ). Is something to worry? Ps. Also I have very low vitamin 25-hydroxy serum (15.11 nmol/L).
How much water one should have daily? Why kidney stones are formed? If it is detected in early stage what medicine is required? What are the diagnostic process for knowing whether the stone has been been removed?
I am 63 years old, I am diabetic since 8 years. I have slight problem in passing urine. I feel that certain quantity still remain uncleared. Only after some time and passing of very few drops I feel it is cleared. I have done scanning too, but everything is normal. There is no obstruction or pain while passing urine as such. Please advice me the treatment.
I'm 16 year old. During urinate I feel pelvic pain and other period time .Every 4-5 day I have white discharge What should be do? What kind medicine is best? Please doctor help me.
RAat me gehri neend mai soti hu or bed geela krti hu. Mujhe pta hi nhi chlta. I am feel embarrasse. 15 years ki hu bt kya key?
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which is caused by loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson’s disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured. There are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as they boost the strength of your pelvic muscles.
- You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in containing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking and treatment of an enlarged prostate are also used as blocked by prostate lead to bladder irritation. Now-a-days, more than 80% cases of incontinence in males respond well to medications.
Surgery may be the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options depend on the cause of incontinence. If it is because of obstructing prostate, prostate surgery by TURP / HOLEP is curative. If it is because of bladder overactivity, BOTOX injection in bladder is useful. If it is TRUE incontinence after radical prostate surgery then treatment include a male sling or artificial urinary sphincter implantation. In sling operations, a type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. In Artificial sphincter implantation, a cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A Interstim device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.