Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amitosh Sukla
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Amitosh SuklaYour feedback matters!
Hi, iam 28 years old man suffering from heavy phlegm in chest and throat which interns causing throat irritation. When I was in india, doctors said, it is due to dust allergy. But now iam in europe here pollution is some what less still same issues. Please help me and i am not travelling more on roads also.
I am having wax in my ear and I put oil to soften the wax but I don't know wax got all accumulated in my ear and I am unable to hear. I am having wax in my ear and I put oil to soften the wax but I don't know wax got all accumulated in my ear and I am unable to hear. I am 34 years.
I have snoring problem when I am sleep it is very loud. Actually I don't know it will happen in my sleeping time my friends are very disturbed with my snoring problem please give me suggestion to reduce my snoring problem.
What are the symptoms of sinus headache and migraine? Actually some doctors said I have migraine and some said it's sinus I'm confused.
I am 22 weeks pregnant. I am suffering from frequent nose bleeds in 3-4 days. Is it due to this torturing summers. Or something else? Pls suggest wat to do.
Hi. I have acute tonsillitis. It comes again and again . Makes me wèk. Which med should I take? What is permanent solution ? No alcohol no drugs. avoid junk food as much as I can but it do come back after 3 4 months. Please sugs me and permanent solution.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.