Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. AmithYour feedback matters!
I have very problems like body paining joint pain very much headache and teeth are paining.Please help.
My friend is a 35 year old lady suffering from pain in left hand due to injury. Please suggest something for her.
Hi I have constipation n digestion problem, with m also suffering from back pain and pimples. please suggest me what's the main cause and it's remedies. Thank you.
I am suffering from back pain from 1mth and I done my ESR test and it was 50 mm by westergrn method and yesterday I done one more test of ESR and it is 18 mm by automated method please help why I have so much pain.
I have back pain from last 2 years. I have showed Doctor in Kolkata two times. One time Orthopedics and another time Neuro professor. So, how can relieve from that.
Sir there is pain in my wife's back for last 4 months and we went to consult to famous doctors but still there is no rest what to do?
Quite often, I experience pain in my knee or ankle or foot fingers or other joints of legs. Even there is some mild pain in the upper back also. I got my knee examined by X-ray and even by MRI. Orthopedician told me that there is a mild beginning of osteoarthritis. A few months back my uric acid level was also 9.1 which was brought down by taking Febucip tablet for two months. Now on the advice of doctor I have been taking Durajoint GM (2 OD for one month and 1 OD for two months). I had same problem aboutfour years back also and I got cured by similar allopathic treatment. As I am fed up with allopathic medicine, can you suggest some ayurvedic medicine which will take care of future problems of Uric acid and Arthritis.
My father has been suffering from acute spondylitis for the past 10 years. He has zero neck mobility. Last few months its has become worse as he has a constant pulling sensation abd loss of balance. Kindly advice.
A lot of people suffer from knee pain, some hereditary, some due to injuries and some due to other reasons. Whatever be the reasons, the pain is very bothersome.
Try the following exercises regularly to get relief from knee pain.
1. Leg lifts - sit straight on a chair with your feet firmly on the ground. Lift the leg for which the knee pains, until it is parallel to the ground. Hold for a couple of seconds and bring back to the initial position. Do 10 reps every day.
2. Knee bending - sit on a chair and keep a stool of same height as the chair in front of you. Place your knee on the stool, knee slightly bent. Slowly, straighten your leg and hold in the straight position for a couple of seconds before you release. Do 10 reps.
3. Leg straightening - stand straight and place the foot on a low platform. Bend down, place both your palms on the knee and slowly push it down until your leg is straight. Push only as far as it doesn't hurt too much. Hold for a few seconds and release.
4. Stretching - sit upright. Bring your leg towards your chest by bending the knee and keeping your hand above the ankle. Push your heel towards your buttocks. Release after a couple of seconds.
5. Chair pulling - stand straight near a door keeping your feet apart (shoulder-width), in front of a chair. Hold the knob of the door and slowly, sit back on the chair. Feel the pull in the muscles and go back to previous position after 2-3 seconds. Repeat.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Meri wife ki body sun ho jati hai jab wo subhe need se jagti hai or body pain bhi hota hai. My wife age 24 yrs. Yeh problem 1,2 saal se hai. Please advise me
It's been 25 days and I have pain at the nape of neck. I took many sessions of physiotherapy, allopathic and homeopathic medicines also but it feels some nerve is entangled when I move my neck sidwise. So please suggest me effective remedy?
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.