Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amith
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. AmithYour feedback matters!
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Dear sir/ madam I am a 19 year old guy. My weight is 58 kg and height is 156 cm. When I stands up from squat position then I realises some pain knee and if I do cycling then some sound comes from knee bone. I suppose it is problem related to lack of calcium in bones because this problem in my family members also. Doctor please tell me which thing I can eat and which I can not eat to avoid this problem. I can not sit for half of hour in squat position and this is become big problem after some time.Please suggest me.
I had a pain in my left side above leg n when I walk it's pain more while sitting n sleeping left side its pain. May is know the reason.
I am a 30 years old man and I am suffering from pain under knee in right side leg. I have take several type pain killer tab and cream but I have no relief from pain. Please suggest me what should I do?
Last 10 days I got pain in my left hips whenever I touch it will painful, kindly provide some solution.
When your daily activities are limited due to severe pain or joint damage, it is when a joint replacement may be the best option. Joint replacements are done to restore movement and reduce pain. The most commonly replaced joints are the hips and knees. With advances in medical technology and operational expertise, these procedures have undergone major changes in the way they are done. The success rates have also proportionately gone up.
Hip replacement: The hip is a bone and socket joint, wherein the hip joint sits in the femur, which is the thigh bone. This could require replacement either due to a severe injury or due to regular wear and tear with aging. Replacement is considered when non-medical therapies like exercise and painkillers fail to improve the quality of life. In advanced joint replacement, both the ball and socket portions are completely replaced with artificial components (could be metal, plastic, or ceramic).
Knee joint replacement: The knee is a modified hinge joint formed between three bones – the patella (knee cap), the femur (thigh bone), and the tibia (shin bone). The knee can be affected either due to regular wear and tear or as a part of the trauma. When the knee joint is affected, the patient’s ability to move is greatly diminished, and thus requires treatment. If nonsurgical measures fail, then surgical correction is required.
What happens during the joint replacement?
- These are major operations and are done in the hospital setting, with 1 to 2 days of hospitalization
- The operation takes about 4 to 5 hours
- The damaged cartilage or bone is removed and the part is prepared to receive the prosthesis
- Titanium alloy is often used as it has the unique ability to fuse to the bone
- Sometimes, plastic or ceramic is also used
- These simulate the movement that was previously produced by the natural joint
- Post operation, infection control is extremely important
- Pain control initially could be through injection, and then gradually move to ad-hoc basis
- With the pain and limitation on movement gotten rid of, the new joint should be gradually accustomed to movement. The surrounding tissue also requires time to heal and support the normal movement.
- Return to movement should be gradual and under a physiotherapist’s guidance. Advance exercise as directed.
- Diet should be modified to ensure the required nutrition is provided for proper healing
- Other equipment like a walking stick, shower bench, handrail, or a walker may be required.
- The first few weeks could require extensive help to move around and get back to normal activities.
Whatever the part replaced, with total joint replacement, these precautions should be adhered to, to ensure complete recovery and successful return to a stage of pre-operative movement. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!