Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amith Farak
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Amith FarakYour feedback matters!
My age 25 .My hand fingers often swelling since my childhood .i just apply some pain relief on the hands. Last month I test my blood and submit the report to orthopedic doctor .he said everything correct in blood test report. But my hand fingers still swelling whenever I lift or pull some weight it happened or whenever I playing games it swell. So please help me the reasons for the problem. Suggest me any other test that I want to take?
I had pain in my knees for last few years, was advised to check uric acid level and it is found to be 8 mg/d1. Dr. has told me to eat febugood 80 mg for the rest of my life is there any way to get rid of it.
My wife is suffering from back pain on up of the hips, right &left side of spinal since 3 years, I want to know that is this problem related with internal (uterus, overy) or by another reason. This problem is continue. Please suggest me why is this problem.
I have gas problem.So what should I do. please tell me. As well as high shoulder pain when I am suffering from cold.
I have pain in my left knee. How it will be curable. What are the remedies for it. Please suggest some medicine.
I am 25 yrs old am suffering from back pain from last 2 months am getting pain only early morniung 5-10nins after ten mins am free from this pain I dont know what I will do?
My father is 56 years old and he has leg swelling and doctors have said his bones are not upto and they have given calcium. Plzz tell me what other things he can eat to correct it. And what to do with swelling.
I have a desk job so my backbone pains a lot and I have problem in looking can you plzz suggest me a medicine.
I have backache since three month. I'm in very pain. Tell me what should I do. I will thankful to you.
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.