Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Amith BalliYour feedback matters!
I have swelling feet since last 6 months, urine colour is yellow sometimes I have breathing problem.
Not get answer from 25 hrs about tibial fracture. Q. I have closed tibial IMN SURGERY in right leg. Now after 3 weeks I have almost no pain on affected leg. So can I put weight on affected leg & how much time it will take to heal & when I will came back to work in company? in company no hard work but needs moving / walking for manpower handling please help me.
My left heel pain's for sometime after get up from the chair or bed, pain last till I walk 10 steps and then its normal.
I am having problem of constipation sometimes and sometimes leg pain. what should I do? I want out of this misery.
I m suffering from pain in my lower back and legs have always suffering with pain I m 45 year old lady.
I have mild scalp numbness or pin like sensation on the right side of head alone. I feel this whenever I comb or run my hands in that area. What could be the causes? History: Had a loop ileostomy 6 years ago that was closed within 3 months. The ileostomy had been put temporarily to treat abdominal TB and adhesion. Otherwise have been healthy and normal for past 6 years.
I am 45 years old and im suffering for backache from last 12 months. I have been used pain relief ointment and tablets but no result. What should I do now?
Hi Lybrate team I have been getting back pains for last 1 year. I drive 60 kms 5 times a week. Please advise. Thanks.
Im 20 years old. I had 2 times sex with my gf without protection. We both had 1st time. Later that I had sometimes muscle and joint aches. Itching near reproductive organ. I feared that I hiv. Please give suggestion.
Never tense for knee joint pain take 2 gm turmeric powder with hot milk 200ml and 1/4 tsf deshi ghee mix all these drink at bedtime. Find better result in pain and stiffness, do mild excercise and walking apply any oil over the joints.
Keep it continue.
When I'm sitting down my back bone is paining Wesley and my legs only at 2 to 3 minutes what kind of medicines I should take.
I have lot of back pain I can't walk for more than 5 min. I want to know should I try to walking more?
I have pain just below the neck, shoulders & also in my heels, are these symptoms of cervical osteoarthritis?
I am 60 years old and have joint pain for about 2 years. The right knee has a slight swelling also. Please help me.
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.