Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amitabh Ghosh
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amitabh GhoshYour feedback matters!
My 10 year old daughter looks up while talking only in certain cases. Could this be a psychological problem? I stay in Sector 93A Noida. Thank you.
I am taking clonazepam .25 mg twice daily from last two week for anxiety, how long I can continue this medicine.
I am in a relationship since past 3 years but now I don't to move further as he is over over possessive, When I argue or do something bad he slapped me once also. He physically abuse me and my family members and he is not ready to leave me he blackmails me and use harsh words I wanted to leave him bit he didn't want to end I am very depressed please help me out.
I have epilepsy and had been taking oxetol 450 mg from past 2 yrs. But only seizure has vanished but I still speak in sleep. How to avoid that. Talking in sleep.
Hi. I have been having many obsessive thoughts, for 3 days because my friend gave me the news that he got cancer, upon receiving that news, I felt such a deep fear, that from that day I can not stop having thoughts like "he is going to dying, some day he will not be here, someday we will not talk again "and having these thoughts I am so afraid, I have anxiety and I do not know if that is the reason of having all these thoughts by most of the day. Help me, how could I stop thinking?
Sir, I am school student of 17 age. I am having a severe bipolar disorder. But I have not visited any doctor. I am a severe maladaptive daydreamer too. Please help me.
A vitamin is an organic compound, which is required by the human body in appropriate amounts to ensure the proper and healthy functioning of the various body parts. These vitamins help you in being healthy and maintaining an optimum level of brain activity. The deficiency of the same can cause you to have various health issues and illnesses.
B Vitamins are of various subtypes, and they are collectively known as B-Complex Vitamins. These vitamins are medically proven to relieve stress and boost up your energy levels. They also fight depression, restrict brain ageing and help you to live a longer life. Here's how B vitamins help in keeping your brain healthy.
- Prevent mental decline: The three vitamin B types that help to avoid a mental decline are: B6, B12, and B9 (Folic Acid). Additionally, these 3 vitamins also prevent dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- Act as dopamine boosters: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter inside the brain that that boosts productivity, motivation and focus among human beings. This helps to ensure your mental well-being keep you mentally happy. B vitamins enhance your brain health by facilitating an increase in dopamine levels.
- Lets you avoid mental disorders: The lack of Vitamin B12 leads to certain mental disorders like- dementia, brain atrophy, brain shrinkage, depression, and schizophrenia. You can avoid this condition by taking Vitamin B12 supplements.
- Sharpen memory: In case you have a short term memory or face other memory problems, various forms of B vitamins supplements will help you to regain the optimal state of mind.
Benefits of Vitamin B Subtypes-
- Vitamin B1: Vitamin B1 strengthens the immune system and improves the body's ability to withstand stressful conditions. Very good sources of vitamin B1 include asparagus, mushrooms, romaine lettuce, spinach, tuna, sunflower seeds, green peas, tomatoes, sprouts and eggplant.
- Vitamin B2: Vitamin B2 is required to protect cells from oxygen damage. It plays a key role in energy metabolism, and for the metabolism of fats, ketone bodies, carbohydrates, and proteins. Common food sources of vitamin B2 are milk, cheese, leafy green vegetables especially spinach, liver, kidneys, tomatoes, yeast, legumes, almonds and mushrooms.
- Vitamin B3: Vitamin B3 is important in energy production. It is essential for conversion of the body's proteins, fats, and carbohydrates into usable energy. Foods rich in Vitamin B3, such as dairy products, can compensate for not consuming enough niacin in the diet because the body can convert tryptophan to niacin. Good sources of Vitamin B3 are avocados, tomatoes, dates, leaf vegetables, carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, chicken, beef, fish: salmon, tuna, milk and eggs.
- Vitamin B5: Vitamin B5 is needed to release energy from sugars, starches, and fats. It helps to support the adrenal glands. Small quantities of Vitamin B5 are found in nearly every food, with high amounts in whole-grain cereals, eggs, legumes and meat.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 is essential for the metabolism of carbohydrates, amino acids, and fats, as well as for normal nerve function and for the formation of red blood cells. Foods rich in vitamin B6 are turnip greens, spinach, garlic, tuna, bell peppers, cauliflower, banana, mustard greens, cabbage, asparagus, celery, broccoli, collard greens, kale and sprouts.
- Vitamin B7: Biotin is necessary for cell growth, the production of fatty acids, and the metabolism of fats and amino acids. It is also helpful in keeping blood sugar at normal level. Biotin is often recommended for strengthening hair and nails. Foods with a relatively high biotin content include liver, egg yolk and some vegetables.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 with folic acid is necessary for the formation and maturation of red blood cells and the synthesis of DNA. Vitamin B12 is also necessary for normal nerve function. Vitamin B12 occurs in foods that come from animals. Plants are poor sources of vitamin B12. Thus in vegetarians, supplementation may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.