Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amita Subhash SurveYour feedback matters!
I have period prblm because of PCOD from last one year. I also completed the treatment but problem still their. And my weight is also increase. What should I do?
I had done sex with partner on 2 march 2016 without any protection and I gave I pill on the very next day. After that day we again had the sex on 10 march 2016, without protection. And evening 10 march I gave her the I pill again. So I want to ask that what will happen whether the I pill will prevent the pregnancy as usual or it will not.? And waht are the chances that she will be pregnant.
Me and mare husband 4 months se try Kar Rahe hai baby ke Liye abhi tak khuchi nahi ho reha please help dr.
Dear sir/madam, would you like to Tell me that I did unprotected sex after periods it's safe or not. 10 days are safe after periods or not please tell me. Second I don't want child at least 2 year what I do.
Her periods are delayed by 2 days, we have had sex on 13 Feb, 2016 but I have used protection (condom). She is a nice fit girl. We don't want any child right now. What could be the reasons? We both are worried. Suggest something as soon as possible.
Does eating chicken will cause any problems in conceive. Eg. Grill, charcoal chicken weekly twice. Please give a solution.
Hello sir, I want ask about my monthly periods. It is not regular, and always delay with intolerable pain. The duration is always around 8 days and bleeding is heavy. Please give me an advise, how to get rid of this problem.
My wife had her ovaries & uterus removed due to infection in a laparoscopic operation in May 2014.Now, she is having minor discharge occasionally. Doctors have checked & say it could be due to vaginal infection and prescribed medicines. But it continues. What could be the reason?
Before 6 months I aborted my first pregnancy because of no growth within 2 months. I am currently working in IT field. What all things should be care before conceiving and after conceiving.
I am CD 13, had my ultrasound done today, there are 6 follicles. Endometrial thickness is 9 mm triple line. Follicle sizes are nearing 25 x 15 17 x 12 18 x 13 and so on. There are 4 follicles on right and 2 on left. Going to take HCG shot in evening 7 pm on CD 13. IUI is planned on CD 15. Is everything good for IUI to proceed?
I am 25 years old girl. Recently,2 months back I got married. Last month I got my periods on 06th June. I am not getting periods this month since it has passed 1 month. I am sure there is no unsafe sex with my husband. I am worried that whether I am pregnant or not. Is there any medicine through which I can have periods or please help me to give proper advice.
Meri periods bandh nehi ho rahi hai. 1 week ho gayi lakin period bandh hone ki naam nehi le rahi. Pisle mahine mey meri periods nehi hua. Isbar rukhne ki naam nehi le rahi hai. Mey kya karu. please tl me.
I am a degree student. And I use meftal 40 for the tooth ache and blumox also. Then after one day I saw blood in urine. What is the reason?
I am 36 years old female married with no children. I have immense stomach pain during my cycle right from the year it started. Sometimes the pain is so severe that I have to take injections. Have tried various medicines. While I take the medicines it is ok once I stop it again it is the same. Is there any way to reduce the pains. Can I stop my menstrual cycle and yet get pregnant.
One of the most severe forms of pain is the pain that a woman experiences during the process of childbirth. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most severe, it is believed to be 8 to 10. In the earlier days, a number of women would die during childbirth and survival was considered as a second lease of life. This belief has however, changed with the advancements in medical science. The delivery has now become an almost painless procedure.
How it works: The pelvis and the lower limbs receive nerve supply through the nerves coming out of the spinal cord. A strong anesthetic is injected into the lower back to numb the pelvis and down below. This ensures that the mother is comfortable and awake during the whole procedure and is able to see the child being delivered but has reduced pain in the lower half of the body.
What are its benefits?
- The mother has a painless delivery and is conscious and able to see the process of delivery.
- Significant relief from the painful experience of childbirth. The pain induces secretion of stress hormones in the mother, which adversely affects both the mother and the child.
- Blood pressure is better controlled using this procedure.
- Additional instruments can be used during the delivery if required without the need for additional anesthesia.
- If required, the procedure can be converted to a cesarean section too, by adding an epidural catheter.
- The duration of childbirth has been significantly decreased.
- Suitable for patients who have preeclampsia and heart disease
It has some disadvantages too
There are minor complications, including:
- This can develop after the painless delivery and the onset and intensity vary from one individual to another
- Post-procedure headache
- Pain at the site of injection
- Difficulty during urination
- The normal pushing effect by the woman is reduced due to the numbness and so vacuum may be used or delivery may have to be converted to a cesarean one.
- In rare cases, there could also be a sudden drop in the blood pressure
In the following cases, the doctor would advise the mother to go for a painless delivery
- Medical conditions like preeclampsia, high BP, or other heart conditions
- Subsequent births after having had a cesarean section (VBAC – vaginal birth after cesarean)
- People who have previously had prolonged or complicated labor, a painless delivery is easy on both the mother and the child
When it should be best avoided
In some cases, like the ones listed below, the painless delivery should be avoided
- Women with bleeding disorders.
- Women who are on blood thinners like aspirin, heparin, etc.
- Women who have had prior low back surgeries
- Women with neurological conditions
A detailed discussion with your gynecologist is the best way to identify, if this would work for you.
When a woman is expecting her child, she has a lot of responsibilities on her shoulders for the health and well-being of herself and her child. An expectant mother is recommended to follow certain rules and give up certain habits, so that during the pregnancy period she and the unborn child in her womb get all the nutrients for the healthy growth of the baby. There are certain preconception cares that the expecting mother must abide by.
Some of these are explained below:
- Giving up of bad habits: Smoking and drinking are not uncommon habits in today’s world. But when you are pregnant, it is advised that you give up these habits for some time at least. Smoking or inhalation of smoke makes it difficult for the child to breathe inside. Furthermore, if you are into substance abuse, then it is expected that you would give it up as well when you are pregnant.
- Health Supplements: Folic acid is a must during pregnancy. This is why medical practitioners often recommend you to take folic acid pills once a day to keep your immune system strong. It also provides you enough supplements for production of red blood cells and provides for the much needed iron in your body.
- Counselling: Many times people think that counselling is needed by those who are mentally unstable or in need of immediate help. But that is not the case. Counselling is important for every expectant woman. This is primarily to calm you down as you undergo several hormonal changes. Further, if you are pregnant for the first time then it is to guide you about the complications and side effects of pregnancy.
- Proper Immunization: There are a few vaccinations that you need to take when you are expecting. These would help in the proper development of the child, keep you away from severe diseases as well as boost your immune system. Thus, proper and timely vaccinations are a must during your pregnancy period.
Thus, these are some of the tips and rules that a pregnant woman must follow in order to make sure that she and her baby are healthy. These are often advised by the medical practitioner themselves, but on their own as well, woman take care of these points. These are just outlined to make the woman more cautious before the birth of her child. They are good for both the mother and the baby.
Please note that the buttermilk should not be sour and very cold in temperature.