Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Amit WaghYour feedback matters!
I am 60 years old male, for sometime experiencing pain in my right knee while climbing stairs (flat at 3rd floor). What should I do ?
Hello Sir, I met with an accident 5-6 years back and from that time there is a pain in my right hand at wrist joint. I can not hold heavy weights during my exercise and can't do such exercise which gives pressure on my wrist like Push-ups, Pull-ups etc. Please suggest me what to do as I consulted lots of doctors but still pain exits .Thanks in advance.
My mom is having pain in her shoulder. She consulted many doctors. But her pain still persists. She is a diabetic patient. Her shoulder pain is there for the last 6 months. She is using some belt in her shoulder which gets heat. Kindly help my mother to get rid of this pain.
I'm suffering from a leg pain for past 4 months it does n't occur often but twice in a week so please suggest a suitable solution for it.
My feet lands more on the outer sides and not evenly. Please suggest measures to correct it as I also having pain on the heel.
Hi, I wish to enquire about my wife 24 years old suffering from joint pains with swelling since 7 days. I gone through urine test: pus cells 8-9 got normal values: blood test, kidney test, thyroid test, esr test, aso titre. So what should be the problem?
Sir I m 28 years old and do regular gymming from last 5 years and having backache from the last 2 years what should I do?
Sir, I am 48 years old (male & 90 kg weight ) and last year my (bad) cholesterol level indicates 260 mg in my blood test and other than this my ecg & echo reports said it's normal. As per the cardiologist advise I reduced all the fat products and I taken the atorovastatin (atchol)10 mg tablets only @ morning since 2014 march. And recently I have not checked my cholesterol level. But for the past few months once in 15 or 20 days I get a mild pain in my left side chest. And for the past 10 days I felt a pain in my back side of the left shoulder. Hence I need your advise regarding this pain problem. Thank you
Hi, I'm 34 years old female. Recently I've had experienced neck ache problem and the doc diagnosed it as spondilities. I took physiotherapy for almost a month and the problem was sorted, however, I've started feeling weakness in my arms and sometimes feel pain in my hands and arms which goes up till the shoulders too. What should I do about this?
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. Have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
I have feel memory loss from two year approximately and also hair loss problem in the back of the head and pain and stiffness in my neck some voice have happen.
My left leg below thigh my joint pains from two years I think due to sex .now my right leg joint also pains little bit. Shall I stop sex with my wife or any other solutions.
Acupuncture is a kind of therapy that combines needles with pressure and pain points in order to delicately apply pressure for pain relief. This form of physical therapy is being increasingly recognised as an efficient method of treating pain in joints, muscles, bones and even for migraine pain. So let us find out more about Acupuncture and pain management.
- Chronic or Long Term Pain: There are many ailments that cause chronic or long term pain. These include back pain, neck pain, stiffness in the joints, osteoarthritis, headache and migraine, and pain in the shoulders. All this can be treated over a long period of time with the help of simulated acupuncture which uses pointed apparatus for activating better blood circulation for overall improvement in the pain that is being experienced in the area. The use of this apparatus helps in avoiding the harmful medication that can have adverse side effects.
- Menstrual Cramps: A fine needle method at the right points can help in bringing down the symptoms of the painful condition called dysmenorrhoea during menstrual cycles. With acupuncture, the acupuncturist can administer acupoint therapy to relieve menstrual cramps. This will help in moving the qi, or life force, in a better way so that the pain will stop.
- Acute Pain: Over use of muscles, joints and repetitive, work related movements and strain can lead to acute pain. This includes wrist pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, back pain, lower back pain, neck pain and even leg pain. With acupuncture, the patient gets rid of the pain in close to twelve sittings.
- Pain due to Cancer Treatment: Cancer and its treatment can take a heavy toll on the body and lead to a series of complications which also includes pain. A clean needle procedure can be followed along with the chemotherapy and radiation or after it, so as to relieve the patient of the pain experienced. Also, it can be used to replace traditional chemotherapy and radiation.
- Better Rest: When the needles or apparatus touch the pressure points and circulate the blood and life force, it actually creates a soothing effect and helps the patient sleep and get better rest. This is also a requirement for pain relief. It can bring better blood flow to the area and help in removing anxiety and stress related to pain so that there is better chance of getting rest.
With the use of acupuncture, pain can be taken care of with the needles and various tools that come in various shapes. These tools and equipment can also use laser treatment along with the point focused treatment.
My mother is suffering from ankle ache since six months. Doctors advices her for injection but some doctors are saying not to take injections. She is also having regular physiotherapy, but there is no relief. What to do? Please help me.
Correct posture is a simple but very important way to keep the many intricate structures in the back and spine healthy. It is much more than cosmetic - good posture and back support are critical to reducing the incidence and levels of back pain and neck pain. Back support is especially important for patients who spend many hours sitting in an office chair or standing throughout the day.
Not maintaining good posture and adequate back support can add strain to muscles and put stress on the spine. Over time, the stress of poor posture can change the anatomical characteristics of the spine, leading to the possibility of constricted blood vessels and nerves, as well as problems with muscles, discs, and joints. All of these can be major contributors to back and neck pain, as well as headaches, fatigue, and possibly even concerns with major organs and breathing.