Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Sheth
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Amit ShethYour feedback matters!
I get bleeding sometimes from nose. It does not occur frequently but I have problem with this. What should I do?
How to overcome post nasal drip doc? Please suggest medicine or remedies to get rid of it. Thank you.
I am 25 years old. Suddenly in my right ear, I am able to listen yess means in low voice. There is no pain but less voice is coming. What should I do.
I have throat pain once in a week. I am using the medicine also. But no use what is the problem. I have tonsils.
I always tell my patients not to use ear buds. Hearing this they used to ask me two question.
1) then how will we clear our ear wax?
2) then why is this ear buds so commonly available?
I think lybrate is a very good platform to answer those questions so that it also reaches the maximum.
1) clearing of wax is a normal process which happen in our ear canal. Wax is produced by the ceruminous glands in the outer canal. Minimal amount of wax is very much necessary for protection of the inner ear canal and ear drum. It prevents entry of foreign bodies into the ear. When we use ear bud inside the ear what we actually does is that we are pushing the ear wax more in towards the ear drum which makes it difficult for the ear to self cleanse. In that way unnecessary use of ear bud leds to excessive accumulation of wax which in turn causes lots of other ear problems like wax keratosis, otitis externa etc. Secondly the skin inside the ear canal is thinning and more sensitive than the outer skin, when we introduce ear buds into the ear we may be unknowingly causing small wounds called abrasions inside the canal. These wounds may get infected later, usually causing fungal infections called as otomycosis.
2) my answer to the second question is that ear buds are good to clean the outer structures of the ear, especially the pinna. Pinna is a complicated structure with lots of curves and turns. In order to clean these parts ear buds are very much useful. With the peculiar shape and size of the ear bud it's meant for cleaning such difficult areas.
I hope I have conveyed my message and this will at leave save few of my brothers and sisters from conditions like otomycosis, otitis externa, wax keratosis, membrane perforations etc.
My doctor has told me that I have an unsafe csom and advised me for surgery. I got the same ear operated 10 years ago. At that time also, the doctor told me the same reasons/issues with the ear. Please advise whether should I go for this surgery. What are the chances that this problem will not occur thereafter, as it occurred after 1st surgery done in 2007.
Meri poblem hai ki mere gale me kuch bhari bhari sa rehta hai kuch atka sa lagta hai kuch aisa lagta hai jaise gale ka hole chota ho gya hai or sath me main apne aap ko Mota bhi feel kar rahi hu mera pet bhi badh gya hai charbi bdi h khana bhi dhang se pachta nahi hai aisa lagta hai khana uper hi PDA hai dhakkar bhi khana khane ke bahut der bad thodi thodi aati hai 15-20 bar samaj nahi aa raha ke gale ke doctor ke pas jau ya pet ke doctor ke pas ya liver ke doctor ke pas jau. Meri age 23 hai. Mere sir m drd b hota h upr balo ki trf wale area m. Mano sir m gas chdti honor farting m b smell aati h gndi wali. please give me a solution.
These self-help steps can help relieve sinusitis symptoms:
1. Get good rest. This will help your body fight infection and speed recovery.
2. Drink plenty of fluids: Like, water or juice. This will help dilute mucous secretions and promote drainage. Avoid beverages that contain caffeine or alcohol, as they can be dehydrating.
3. Sleep with your head elevated. This will help your sinuses drain, reducing congestion.
4. Moisten your sinus cavities: Drape a towel over your head as you breathe in the vapour from a bowl of hot water. Or take a hot shower. This will help ease pain and help mucus drain.
5. Apply warm compresses to your face. Place warm, damp towels around your nose, cheeks and eyes to ease facial pain.
Click on consult privately to ask me any questions regarding Sinus or other ENT-related issues.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.