Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Amit SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have been experiencing sound in various bones of body when being twisted. What does this indicate? am I well?
I am 35 yrs old. I am suffering from back pain due to bike from last two years, Please tell me suggestions.
My right leg lower part nerves (a small patch) is little bit stiff and keeps on paining , when i touch . What type of tablet/medicine will cure the problem once in for all ?
I have knee pain, not very severe, but climbing up and down is a bit painful. I have been prescribed Joincerin M tablets. Please advise for how long can I continue taking these tabs. I am already taking it for last about a month
I am having high degree of pain in my right heel. Doctor has given medicine Febucip 40 and the other is I think atchol 20 mg but the pain is still there. What could be the reason and what is the remedy for the same?
My wife has problem foot elbow pain and cramp every morning her weight 45kg hight 4.8 feet age 40yer mother of 3 children.
I am 17 years old and I have minor cervical spondylosis how can I deal with it. I am +2 student I have to do studies please send me your treatment suggestions thanks. U all are doing a great job heats off sir.
I dislocated my hand bone 6 years ago and then the doctors relocated it in 45 days which was a major fracture and they gave me anesthesia as well. But I feel the pain in my arm if I use it a lot. So suggest something in which case my arm pain goes away.
Hello doctor I am 42 years old and my problem is my left leg starts swelling when I travel and moreover this time I traveled to chennai my swelling was too much and I stayed with my friends and I still see the swelling not subsiding and also on my right leg its a just a slight swelling from down my ankle, but my left leg is giving me a bit of swilling and could you please let me know whats would be the reason and the remedy for this to get well thanking you
Hello sir, I feel often head ache and several leg pain during walking and running. And eye pain. WHat should i do to cure?
I have back pain for one week and I am using some pain relieving creams for one week but didn't feel any relief .What should I do?
Are you aware of a disease called osteoarthritis that is more likely to develop in case you are aging? Osteoarthritis is a disease, which affects the joints of your body. It occurs when the cartilages that protect and cushion your bones break down, causing swelling and pain, and may make you immobile. The chances of developing osteoarthritis increase with age as your cartilages start breaking down. Women who are beyond menopause are at a higher risk of getting this disease as they do not produce estrogen, which is essential for bone growth. There are several precautions you should follow for the prevention of osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. They are as follows:
- Manage your occupational risks
- Certain jobs involve repetitive motions, which cause stress on your joints.
- If your job or occupation involves a lot of lifting, twisting, kneeling, and walking, you should consult a doctor.
- It is important for you to undertake exercises of low impact, which is very crucial for improving joint health, even if you are aging.
- You should choose activities that involve strength training along with stretching and aerobic exercise.
- Regular exercise helps in the slowing down or prevention of osteoarthritis. It helps you in maintaining healthy joints, reducing fatigue and pain, increasing your bone and muscle strength, and relieves stiffness.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Excess weight is a primary risk factor for osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. It cxauses extra stress on your joints that boosts the deterioration of your joint cartilage.
- If you are obese and overweight, your chances of developing osteoarthritis are more. Hence, you should lose extra weight for improving the symptoms.
- Although exercise is important for keeping your joints and muscles healthy, you should avoid overdoing them.
- Have a balanced lifestyle, and when your joints become achy or swollen, give them a break.
- Abstain from using your swollen joint for at least 12 to 24 hours after experiencing them. Letting your injured joint rest helps in reducing your risk of osteoarthritis.
- Fatigue increases pain in osteoarthritis patients, and hence you must sleep properly.
- Control your blood sugar
- Diabetes is considered to be an important risk factor for osteoarthritis in aged individuals.
- High glucose levels may boost the formation of molecules that make your cartilage stiff.
- Diabetes also triggers inflammation, and promotes cartilage loss.
- It is important for you to keep your diabetes and blood sugar levels under control for preventing osteoarthritis.
In spite of no specific cure for osteoarthritis, there are several ways of preventing and managing its symptoms. It is very important for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, and also to try and keep away from becoming obese.