Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Amit SharmaYour feedback matters!
My normal blood pressure is around 110/70. Occasionally it is going to 160/100 on some days and having pain around center of chest and stiffness in neck. Also fainting and very often yawning almost 1 yawning per minute. Not able to sleep that day. Next day onwards pressure come down to normal. It was happened 4 times in 2 months period. No sugar. My weight is 65 kg and height is 167cm. No cholesterol problem. ECG ok. Why it is happening. Kindly suggest.
My BP remain between 148/88 to 140/80 age 63 yr. formal my BP was 120/80 to 110/70. Once my BP comes 130/80 I feel guide ness.
My sisters BP is always high is in Lucknow its too cold but then also she is having sweats all time.
I'm diabetic SINCE I WAS 13 YRS OLD. I M 36 NOW. GOT A HEART ATTACK FEW MONTHS BACK and angioplasty WAS DONE. JUST GOT MY HOMOCYSTEINE LEVEL ON ADVISE OF A FRIEND. ITS 36 AGAINST RHE NORMAL VALUE OF BELOW 15. VITAMIN B12 VALUE IS WITH IN RANGE AND HBA1C VALUE IS 8.8 FOR THREE MONTHS AVG. PLEASE advise ON HIGH HOMOCYSTEINE LEVELS AND ITS RISK FACTOR. OR IS IT COMMON IN PATIENTS WHO GOT A ATTACK.
I got my heart surgery. Often I am feeling trouble to take breath. Could you suggest me wt I should do?
Two days before I felt severe pain downward of left clavicle. It's a severe pain. Mostly occur after meal or drink water. What can I do. ANd what kind of pain it is. My ECG was normal. ANd I'm a gym going guy. Should I continue?
I am 38 years old male with hypertension (on S-metoprolol, telmisartan); high LDL, Low HDL & High Triglycerides (on Tonact TG); Hypothyroidism (on Thyronorm 75); and IBS (on probiotics). Since last 7-8 months I have problem with my libido and erection quality (so much so that there has been no intercourse during this period). I do not smoke & very mild drinker. Please suggest. *My Hemoglobin=14.3, No blood Sugar & not on any anti-depressants; sperm quality/quantity is 'visually ok'
My student has extosis (Excess cholesterol in joints) since from 2000. We have consult the doctor. But of no use. We will be looking for the better treatment from you.
Hi. My name is dharm. I am 20 years old. My chest is paining like hell from about 2 months. Sometimes its pains towards the heart side. I do not know what should I do. Sometimes there are red spots on my inside side of mouth its lije red patches. Although it goes immediately within 5 days. Pls help me out what should I do.
I have low blood pressure (110/50) since last 6 months. I wish to take the proper treatment now so that I do not have problem later. What tests should I get done to diagnose the problem properly?
My father has been suffering from high blood pressure since 5 years. Now he used amlodac AT tablet. His BP is 140/95 in today. Now his legs and finger nerve become contract in today. So I want to know which medicine is better for him.
Sir I have High Blood pressure and Cholesterol Problem can I Use cases Regularly. Please Tell me Sir.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.