Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Amit SharmaYour feedback matters!
My cholesterol level is high. i consult my doctor and he advised me to take daily in night after food one tablet rozavel f10. Sugar is normal. What can I do?
Actually my body started vibrating from few months suddenly for a fraction of second n normal again some times this happens reportedly is this a fits kind of disease? Can I know what should I do now? Help me out I've done few tests on brain like EEG and Ct scan showed to doctor but its normal and only problem he found is sinuous and suggested simple things and though problem exist what to do!
What are the dangers of having high colas Tirol? Can other problem develop? Are there things I can do at home or in my life to reduce cholesterol?
Sir I am 30 years old male. Last three days I am chest pain in left side and left hand pain & shoulder pain. Yesterday I hv done ECG . But ECG is normal. But still little chest pain and heaviness in left side . My bp is 118/72. What I hv to do.
Hlw sir I am 18 years Old boy. I have Blood pressure 160/104. Its very for me. Than what I have do next.
Homocysteine result is 32. 9micromole/litre. I have been suffering from gastro-intestinal problem. Medicine does not suit me now. Without medicine how can I bring the level down? please help me doctors.
Increased risk of heart diseases. Some of those risk factors cannot be modified (non-modifiable) and are not under our control while there are others that you can modify (modifiable) to prevent heart diseases. While you cannot do much about non-modifiable risk factors (like age and family history) you can reduce your chances of heart disease by working on the modifiable risk factors.
Hi ladies please can anyone reassure me? I have had mild heart palpitations for nearly 2 days now and am worrying myself to a frenzy. It all started after a strong coffee yesterday morning (i do not usually drink strong coffee) and since then Ive had a flutter every few minutes or so? I drank loads.
Hello, Coronary artery disses ko pta lagane ke liye ECG kafi hai ye koi aur test bhi like Echo cardiography. And what is the symptoms.
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences.
In case of these symptoms, it is advised to get your risks assessed at a timely basis. Kindly visit your nearest Clinic for expert medical advice.
What should be the frequency to test the heart and what tests should be done? What are the symptoms to understand whether we should visit a physician or not?
Respected sir/madam, My father went through by pass surgery What are the ways to prevent him from heart attacks Is there a possibility of heart attack once again If it is how to over come it Please give a detailed view Thank you.
Hello sir, I am having high BP since around 10 years. Taking BP tablets everyday. Please suggest required food and lifestyle. Also, suggest list of things to follow.
Hello doctor, I am having a pain across my chest. It's feels like cramped pain. Whenever I stretch or move my hands upwards it cramps. I can't understand why is it happening? Is it due to acidity or anything else? Please suggest me what to do doctor. Thanks in advance.
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers. This is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet.
Remember early detection is the key to prevent or delay heart attacks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.