Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Amit ShahYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm my problem he's very high acidity gas and high migraine so I am very difficult please help me.
I am 18 years old male and I suffered from half head pain. I have lot of stress, tension, lack of sleep and so on. What should I do?
I am 46 years old. I suffer sever head ache and subsequently body ache. On taking medicine like desprine it reduced but last for a day or two. I get check up but doctor not confirmed whether it is cynous of migraine. What tests are required to confirm the basic reason.
I have hand shivering from childhood. I am really ashamed before other. Can you please tell me how it can stopped. Shivering is more if someone watches when I am doing some sensitive thing.
I am 45 years old and I am diabetic from past 9 years and in the both legs I have various veins, will it affect my legs in future or I have to get operated on both the legs.
I am 26 yrs. Male, since from couple of last two month I am getting an sensation that in my left hand towards little finger I feel like a nerves are getting jammed I felt that blood are stop flowing please adhere me.
I am suffering from insomnia. I can not sleep properly and area below my eyes getting black nd black. What should I do?
When I gone for journey if it near I go somewhere also, always I had migraine problem, so much pain in my head point.
My friend is admitted in hospital for a disease known as epileptic seizure. But he hasn't shown any common symptoms of epilepsy. Is any mild form of epilepsy which does not show any symptoms & is it permanent?
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: The ideal blood pressure for a healthy person is 120/88 mm HG. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.