Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit ShahYour feedback matters!
My age is 27 and my wife age is 22 but she is inactive in bed and no interest in sex. Our sex life is getting worst. So can you suggest wat to do nw.
Detected diabetes mellitus type 2. Test hba1c found to be 7.7. Presently on metformin sr 1000mg bd and vildagliptin 100mg od. Request advice.
Hi, I am a female 30 years old and recently got a health check up done. According to the reports I have normal T3 (103 ng/dl) and T4 (7.6 ug/dl) levels but my TSH is on a higher side (9.24). What could be the reasons and can it be brought back to normal without medication. Also I have vitamin d deficiency (4.2) could that be the reason?
How to treat intestinal ulcers and bleeding as I have been suffering from internal bleeding and constipation. The colour of my stool is also black.
I suffer from light sugar and sometimes BP. Feeling sleepy after heavy intake of food. otherwise I am O K no other major problem.
I have asthma and yellow teeth and it. Ching in my leg. And I am very ill man. What to do please tell sir. I need your help bery much. Special wala thanks thanks sir.
I frequently have headaches and mostly it's either on left side or right side of the head. What could be the reason of this.
What will be the best treatment for the clean stomach daily as I have problems of acidity n constipation. How I can regular my time of too!
I have black spots on my whole body. They itches me a lot. Can you please help me with this problem.
Hii I have fever since 2 days before please give me solutions for this problems I am waiting for your help and advice on how much you could save you money and time again for your help in making.
Never had sex with anyone, but masturbating for 10-12 year (since class 6). Suffering from premature ejaculation (ejaculates in 2-6 stroke during masturbation). Am I really suffering from P.E.?What should I do?
I am addicted to masturbation. I do it a lot sometime twice a day. I am practicing it from past 5 years. Will there be any problem in my sex life in future.
I have been suffer with asthma from my childhood so could you give me a perfect solution to stop permanently. Thank You.
I am female age 56 . from past 3 days shoulder pain. Chest pain. Nausea, tiredness. Some time vommitting. Kindly advice it.
Sir I fell some compress type pain in my back' left and right side of ribs and some times in abdomen what is this.
Sir some female want to eat sperm when doing sex act, can you tell me this types of act harmful of healthy.
Hi, recently while cooking the hot dhal splashed into my face leaving a first degree burn. I used antiseptic initially to heal the wound.
Diabetes features as one of the most common ailments in the contemporary times. Mostly assumed as a congenital disease, diabetes is growingly targeting different age groups and often the outburst of diabetes is mostly unmapped. Diabetes is mainly spurred by the presence of high blood sugar content in the patient's blood. In cases where insulin, the sugar absorbing hormone, is not produced normally, the patient becomes more prone to diabetes. Many attribute this phenomenon to the changing lifestyles of the people and their food choices. In clinical terms, however, diabetes is said to be triggered off by the destruction of insulin-producing beta cells in the body.
Besides the genetic susceptibility, there are a variety of causes that result in diabetes:
- Obesity and physical inactivity: An imbalance between calorie intake and the burning of the same often results in the storage of excess sugar. This aggravates the risks of cardiovascular diseases. The food and lifestyle choices are directly related to the phenomenon.
- Abnormal glucose production by the liver: Normally the pancreas secretes glucagon when the natural percentage of insulin is low and stimulates the liver to produce glucose which is then released into the bloodstream. But under certain conditions, the glucagon level is already high in some people. In such cases, the liver produces glucose thus increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Beta cell dysfunction: The beta cells are responsible for the secretion insulin in your body. In case the beta cells stop functioning normally, a medical condition called insulin resistance arises. Under this condition, your body cells stop responding to the insulins secreted and consequently, the glucose content increases thus causing diabetes. Various endocrine diseases contribute to the malfunctioning of the beta cells.
- Medicines and chemical toxins: Often certain medications like diuretics, anti-seizure drugs, psychiatric drugs, and drugs to treat HIV may lead to the worsening of the beta cell functions and cause diabetes.
Diabetes can be medically treated as well as its adverse effects can be assuaged by ushering in a few lifestyle changes:
- Periodically checking your blood sugar levels
- Taking adequate dental care often keeps the blood sugar levels in control
- Regularly exercising and being physically active
- Avoiding junk food and food with high glucose content
- Consuming relevant drugs prescribed by the doctors
- Being wary of the side-effects in cases of organ transplantations.