Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit Prabhaka MaydeoYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old female. Having fatty liver last one year. Last 2 days m feeling very uncomforted in upper abdomen n food does not digest. Acidity n gas continuous. Pls suggest me medicine n what to do.
From 2days onwards my health is like dehydration and some headache are there and my right eye is beating lightly and my eyes is become lightly heat because 2days back I went a journey of3.30hrs what is the solution.
I'm travelling by two days without taking no food by abdomen is getting pain what should I have to do.
I am diagnosed with colitis, mild hepatomegaly, and bulky uterus what is the reason for the problem is the problem severe or can it be treated. I am on antibiotic medication for colitis for 7 days. What is the reason for hepatomegaly and bulky uterus in my condition.
Sir/ medium Stomach gases makes me sometimes crazy to getting heavy headache. What should I take for that.
I don't have the tendency to gain weight easily. But I would like to put on 8 kgs of weight just to be normal. My digestion is not good. Please advise what to eat to improve my digestion. Thanks.
I have mild gastric problem. Not taking any junk food. Today Stomach pain came. Morning when I went for motion last little blood and gum like came. Feeling motion again. Can I take dry fruits? What I can eat? What I shouldn't eat?
I'm 22 years old sir I have gas or fullness in stomach the doctor prescribe me pantop-40 I take for a month nothing relief me from fullness after food and hard to breath when sit a little bit bend its so irritating what to do, its along with nose congestion and like neck infection, which doctor should I consult and what the real problem I feel uneasy after food accompanied with nose congestion, when I have belching of gas in my mouth I feel easy in breathing after sometime the same process I need help I can't even do things sincerely with this irritation thank you.
My wife is pregnant always having pain in lower part of abdomen and having urine infection several times. So please tell me what I do.
I am 19 years old and I am suffering from digestion problem and my body is not growing well. My weight is only 47. So what is the solution?
A stressful event like speaking in public, going to a job interview can give you butterflies in your stomach that may literally make you want to run to the bathroom. Stress affects every aspect of our lives including digestion. This includes indigestion, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome. When put in a stressful situation, the body releases hormones known as corticotropin-releasing hormone or CRH. This, in turn, signals the adrenal gland to pump out adrenaline and steroids that help with the body's flight or fight response. Here are a few ways stress affects the gastrointestinal system.Here are a few ways stress affects the gastrointestinal system.
- Stress kills appetite: Stress eating is a real problem that results from the contradictory reactions of hormones. The hormones released by stress kill a person's appetite, but at the same time, the steroids released by these hormones make the person crave unhealthy foods like ice-cream, chocolate or potato chips. These foods aren't easy to digest and can cause indigestion, gas buildup and heart burn.
- Stress leads to ulcers: Ulcers are caused by bacteria, but stress strengthens the infection and disturbs the balance of hydrochloric acid and protective secretions in the stomach. This increases the risk of ulcer formation in the stomach. Once the ulcers are present in the stomach, stress can worsen the symptoms.
- Stress alters the gastrointestinal pathophysiology: Stress can cause changes in gastrointestinal secretions and reduce the amount of oxygen available to the digestive system. It also impairs gastroduodenal motility and amount of enzymes being secreted by the pancreas. Additionally, it interferes with the passage of food through the intestinal tract and alters colonic motility. Stress also affects the absorption of nutrients from the stomach and increases the blood flow to the digestive system by four times the normal amount thus decreasing metabolism rates.
- Stress affects irritable bowel syndrome: Stress in itself does not cause irritable bowel syndrome but can worsen the situation. This is because stress can make the colon contract and cause abdominal pain. These contractions are usually uncoordinated and can lead to constipation. It also makes the body more sensitive to pain thus increasing discomfort.
- Stress lowers immunity: A large part of the immune system is housed in the gut. Stress reduces the secretion of enzymes in the gut and leaves the digestive system vulnerable to bacterial infections. By weakening the immune system in the gut, stress also increases the risk of suffering from infections in other parts of the body.
I am 25 years old. I never had sex till now, but I am facing certain problems -swelling in foots, lumps in lower part of leg and lower part of legs have become fatty as compared to my body, whitish water during urination, gastric problem and back pain.
I have acidity problem since from last 6 months , I did everything for acidity but that problem is not solved .what should I do for acidity. Pls suggest me.
Sir, After I eat food, a lot of gas is formed in my abdomen. It comes out immediately i.e does not go to stomach to cause any pain. Also it is very fowl smelling. Usually it was after having any food but sometimes it happens more frequently. I feel a bubbling sensation in abdomen indicating the gas is formed and then after few seconds it comes out. I don't have loose motion but it is not completely solid either. Also, last to last year I had suffered from jaundice and after few days after recovering that time also I had faced a same problem. Also, I don't remember exactly but I think this problem has started after I had consumed chicken for few (3-4) days in dinner regularly. The problem has persisted for more than 25 days. Sir, you are kindly requested to give your valuable advise as to what is the problem and weather it is curable. I fear that my liver is getting weak. Awaiting your valuable advise.
Dear Doctor, I am Milind, am from Goa. Sometime I feel the pain in my chest, had done ECG test once and it was not showing anything serious. Doctor said its because of gas problems in the stomach. I would like to know what is the best solution for this problem please?
Facts on Peptic or Gastric Ulcer & Prevention
It is caused by the infection of stomach by Helicobacter pylori bacteria which causes inflammation in inner layers of stomach
1.Eat Healthy diet of Fruits vegetables and whole grains and food that is cooked completely
2.Avoid Prolonged pain killer drugs
3 . Control Stress
5.Protect from infections