Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Amit PatilYour feedback matters!
Having very bad hair fall. I am very tensed bout my hairs And always I am suffering from. Bad head pain each and every day what's the reason behind all ?
I am 25 years Old, Female. I am suffering from Psoriasis on my Scalp. Got treated at Dr. Batras promising cure, but after two years think they have no cure and are only milching. No improvement and now seems like spreading too. Is there a treatment.? How do I control it?
Sir I am feeling much itching around my genital organ it has reached to parts of inner thighs also? I m already using azadirachta homeopathic cream but the problem is same. Please suggest cure. Thank you!
Respected sir I am shaik khadeer degree 3rd year student. I am suffering from fever since 2 year. I so many times attend the different types of hospital as. But not agree. Please take this case sir.
I sometimes develop acidity despite of undergoing triple therapy two years ago when fundic gastritis was detected by Doctor upon endoscopy. What should I now do?
What is the reason for cough? How can be it reduced? What are the dos and do notes when we have cough? How to prevent from increasing the cough level? How to stop coughing?
Hello, I am 27 years old, vegan, male, height 5'7, weight 74 kg, food preference North Indian. What should I eat, fulfill my protein and fiber requirements? How much protein intake is necessary?
Ovarian cysts are a common development in many women. Cysts are sacs filled with fluid which are formed in the female ovaries. Most cysts are harmless and do not even show any symptoms. However, some cysts do show outward symptoms like heavy bleeding, clotting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain during the menstrual cycle, and pain during sex.
If you feel any of the above-mentioned discomforts, it will be in your best interest to consult a gynaecologist and get a check-up done. Most cysts are manageable unless they are very severe. In fact, it is best that cysts come to light at the right time and are efficiently managed, unless they develop into severe issues in the future.
Management of cysts
- Oftentimes, medical practitioners resort to what is called ‘watchful waiting’.
- At times, ovarian cysts disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended to take a blood test and an ultrasound to see the progress of the cyst.
- If you have already experienced menopause, then these tests are carried out every four months. This is because in such cases the risk of an ovarian cancer is at its highest and regular monitoring of the cyst is necessary.
Treatment of cysts
Ovarian cysts can be treated in their earlier stages. Here are some of the most popular treatments.
- Laparoscopy is one of the most popular treatments. It is a surgery carried out under general anaesthesia. The tummy is cut to a radius of a key hole and a laparoscope is inserted. This helps the doctor to see the internal organs, which is then used to remove the cyst. This method is less painful and has a quick recovery time.
- Laparotomy is the other method used for removing a cyst. In case the cyst is large, then one single large hole is made in the body to access the cyst. At times, the cyst and the ovaries are removed and sent for further laboratory inspection. This inspection is done to detect whether the samples are cancerous or not. This procedure is more complex than the previous one and might need the patient to stay in the hospital for a few days.
- In case you have a cancerous cyst, then your reproductive part itself would have to be removed rendering you barren for your life.
Ovarian cyst is very much treatable and is best to be detected at an earlier stage for better and faster treatment. Thus, it is best to go for regular check-ups and report in case of any disturbing symptoms.