Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Pachpande
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit PachpandeYour feedback matters!
In my mouth oftenly there is a blister. Week or couple of week there is a blister in mouth. Im very tired of this blisters. Sir what to do please help.
What are some simple ways to get rid of a toothache fast?
A) before knowing about the remedies for relieving toothache, let us first understand the reasons for a toothache. Knowing the causes can help us prevent it.
Generally, toothache is a result of inflammation of the soft, central part of the tooth. The most common cause is cavities (tooth decay). Other causes include infection at the root of the tooth, chipped or broken teeth, damaged fillings, infected gums
Since most toothaches are the result of tooth decay, following good oral hygiene practices can prevent toothaches. Follow these simple steps:
-brush twice daily with a fluoride-containing toothpaste
-floss once daily
-rinse once or twice a day with an antiseptic mouthwash
-consult your dentist twice a year for professional cleaning
-eat foods low in sugar
Natural ways to relieve a toothache
Popping painkillers and other drugs frequently to relieve pain is not always the best idea. They come with their own set of side effects and should be avoided whenever possible. You may try these simple, safe and effective remedies to help you relieve a toothache instantly and naturally:
1. Salt and pepper
Salt mixed with pepper can be of great use as both the ingredients have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties:
-mix equal amounts of pepper and common salt with a few drops of water to form a paste
-apply the paste directly on the affected tooth and allow it to sit for a few minutes
-repeat 2-3 times in a day
Garlic has antibiotic and other medicinal properties that can be very effective in reducing the pain:
-mix a crushed garlic clove with some table salt or black salt and apply it directly on the affected tooth to alleviate the pain
-you can also chew one or two cloves of garlic to get relief
More: have garlic &amp; 6 more foods for a healthy heart
Cloves have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and anesthetic properties that help alleviate tooth pain and fight infection:
-grind two whole cloves. Mix in a little olive oil or any vegetable oil and apply on the affected tooth
-another option is to dab a cotton ball in clove oil and rub it directly on the sore tooth
-you may also mix a few drops of clove oil in half a glass of water and use it as a mouth rinse
Saltwater cleanses the area around the tooth and draws out some of the fluid that causes swelling:
-stir a teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water and rinse for up to 30 seconds before you spit it out
-repeat this treatment as often as needed
5. Tea bag
The tannic acid in tea helps to relieve gum infections:
-steep a tea bag in boiling water for a few minutes, then remove and allow to cool
-hold the cooled teabag around your gums for about 5 minutes
Ice helps numb the nerves and hence the toothache:
-place a small ice cube in a plastic bag, wrap a thin cloth around the bag, and apply it to the aching tooth for about 15 minutes
-alternatively, that ice pack can go on your cheek, over the painful tooth
These remedies may help with short term relief. Consult your doctor if your toothache lasts longer than 1 or 2 days, if it is severe, or if you have a fever, earache, or pain upon opening your mouth wide. Proper identification and treatment of dental infections is very important to prevent its spread to other parts of the face and skull.
Hi doctor, I am a 26 years female. I have a gastric problem, acid reflux since two years and I want to cure it permanently in natural way and also mouth ulcer from two days please doctor help me I am suffering a lot. Thank you.
A person normally focuses on the disadvantages of having braces when he/she is required by the dentist to put braces. If you are also one of them, think again and read on about the importance and advantages of having braces for teeth:
- Correct the alignment! no one would prefer having disorganized teeth if one has a choice, he or she would try correcting them. For this reason, braces are essentially recommended by the dentists to correct the misaligned teeth. Dental flaws could be rectified most of the time completely or at times partially, depending upon the condition of the teeth in question. Though the braces may not look so great but these have a tendency of giving your face a whole makeover! braces for teeth could be put for 1 year to almost 3 years.
- Protruding jaw! the other importance or advantage of having braces is to correct protruding lower jaw line. Many people have and feel a bit wary about having a protruding jaw line. It is our unattractive braces that can come for a rescue for this problem in people. Helping to realign the jaw area braces can make your smiles brighter.
- Dental or oral hygiene! it is observed by the dentists and the orthodontists, that the braces not only help correct the jaw line and the dental flaws but also help in preventing tooth decay and likewise dental problems. The teeth which are crooked or are crowded are a bit tough to brush and floss. If the teeth are left crooked, it would result in decaying of the tooth and similar dental problems. Therefore, these
- Treating malocclusion or bites! the difference is sizes of the upper and the lower jaw is essentially termed as malocclusion. In a lay man's words, it is the bite problems that a person suffers from having a bigger upper jaw and smaller lower jaw and vice versa. This bite problem has grave risks involved in it which could develop into some severe gum disease eventually might let you lose your teeth or making it difficult for you to chew. Braces for teeth are an answer to this condition too! bite problems could be minimized to the fullest with the help of these braces. Braces help in keeping your oral cavity clean.
- Aging braces! if you require wearing braces for teeth, you could possibly wear them as per the instructions of the doctor. Some kids wear it as early, when they are just 6 years of age, some wear them when they reach 10 years of age, some other would go wearing them in their teens.
- Wearing braces makes you stand out from the crowd! make a fashion statement and wear colourful braces and smile the electric smile with your braces!