Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Hello sir,my aunty had paralysis since 4 years, 1 week before she was treated with medicen and we our sleves done some exercises to her hand some daz back, by next day we observed swelling of that hand ,does this swelling causes any problem .Plz let me knw
Hi, i have a question that my both hand vibrating very badly. When I picked something in my hand then my hand not stable even if it is light in weight. Please help me in proper direction.
An orthopaedic fracture is a serious issue that will require lots of care for the bones to heal and re-join. A broken bone is usually plastered so that the tissue may grow back together by fusing eventually, over a period of weeks. When these bones begin to rebuild in an effort to come together, the new bones are called soft callus. This will require lots of energy, which primarily comes from calories. This ensures that essential proteins like amino acids can be taken from the right type of food which would stimulate good blood flow.
So, let us take a look at the best diet that one can follow in order to recover from a fracture.
- Kale: Leafy green vegetables and herbs like kale can help in supplying good amount of protein and iron as well as calcium, which is highly important for good and strong bones. One can also find plenty of calcium in salmon and other kinds of sea food like sardines; consuming these can speed up the process. Sea vegetables like seaweed can also help in the process.
- Yogurt: Calcium can be supplied by various other kinds of food including yogurt, which has two kinds of amino acids. These amino acids are lysine and glutamine, which can assist the bones in swift calcium absorption for better recovery of the broken bones.
- Spinach: This is a very important ingredient in the bone healing process thanks to its dual elements of calcium and zinc, which come together to cause the appropriate chemical reaction for bone rebuilding. Other zinc heavy food items include pumpkin seeds and wheat germ as well as red meat.
- Broccoli: Ingredients like broccoli are rich in Vitamin K1, which is known to very good for the bone recovery process. This vitamin helps in mineralisation of the bone so that they may fuse with each other and form a new mass. One can have up to one cup of this green vegetable per day for a quick and effective fracture recovery process. Other ingredients like cheese and raw dairy products are known to have plenty of this vitamin as well.
- Green Bell Peppers: High on vitamin C which helps in producing the skin and tissue structuring element called collagen, green bell peppers are an excellent ingredient that can help you in your fracture healing process. Vitamin C can also be found in citrus fruits like oranges, strawberries as well as tomatoes.
- Milk: While milk has plenty of calcium, it also has another important ingredient called vitamin D. When calcium and vitamin D come together, the bones tend to heal much faster as vitamin D helps the bones in absorbing the calcium at a much high rate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am suffering from ankle pain from last few days. What kind of medicine should I take now? I am 23 years old now.
I am an architecture student, long seating is necessary for me. This also comes with back pain sometimes. What should I do to keep my back bone strong. Very strong.
I have shoulder pain from last 3 months and its not recovering. I have tried 15 days physiotherapy but the pain is still there in the front part of the shoulder. I have gotten a MRI done and it shows likely tear in the supraspinatus tendon in the humeral part. Please suggest.
I am 25year old male. From past 2months I am suffering with back pain. Due to my work in construction field. I am not able to sit for more than 5hrs in a day. Kindly suggest some medicine.
I am 22 years old male. I have backache for last 1 month. I use pain relief ointment but it did not work. So what can I do now?
I am 24 year old boy and I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis since 6years. Is there any cure for it or not.
Hi My wife have diabetes and artharitis. She can difficultly move around. Knees joint pain badly. Recently she find numbness in both leg/burning-zamzam sensation in lower part of legs/bottom of foot. Is it deficiency of vitamin? kindly advise.
I have avn (avascular necrosis) of right femoral head, do any body have treatment other than replacement operation.
Every arthritis is not the same
Every arthritis is not the same. While osteoarthritis, also called as green arthritis, may require only painkillers and rehabilitation exercises, the red inflammation arthritis called rheumatoid arthritis, if not treated early and aggressively can cause serious deforming complications.
Any arthritis in young women of child?bearing age should not be ignored, especially if it is worse in the morning and improves by movement. Most of them will have high platelet count on blood examination. These patients require aggressive treatment with disease?modifying drugs within days of the onset of symptoms and diagnosis. Approximately 1?2% of population may have this type of disease.
Osteoarthritis, on the other hand, is a disease of 50+age group and is due to wear and tear of various joints in the body and break down of the cartilage cushion in the joints. It mainly affects the weight?bearing joints like the knees, hips, neck and lower back joints. Inflammation is not a major feature of osteoarthritis. The experts said that another form of joint disorder is due to gout, which is never seen in people below 40 years of age and is almost never seen in young women before the onset of menopause unless there is a known underlying kidney disease and never seen in children.
The progression of osteoarthritis can be arrested with appropriate exercises, weight reduction and preventing posture and movement that worsen the disease.
Typical wear and tear of osteoarthritis is caused by sitting cross legged, doing Padmasana, squatting, other non physiological postures, sitting on low level surface like floor and low chairs, doing pushups, going up and down on stairs, etc.
Most yoga postures should be done under medical supervision and should follow with a counter yoga exercise. Most patients of serious arthritis end up with treatment with other systems of medicines or with quacks.