Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Kulkarni
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Amit KulkarniYour feedback matters!
My father is a smoker since more than 20 years, can you prescribe me with something to help him quit smoking?
Someone has been hacking my mobile and system for the past 5 years. Earlier, it was not affecting me but now it has started impacting me very badly. Any hacking leads to immediate spike in BP and anxiety. One such day was yesterday and still my BP is very high. I am already having health problems. This spike in BP is causing me great harm. I have taken different BP medicines but it does not come under control. I want to control it desperately. How to manage it and if any natural thing can help?
My prblm is that my confidence was getting lost. Plzz help me to recover my confidence. Bcoz I can not concentrate to my study.
Doctor Now a days facing some headache problem ,it's like cracking a coconut inside my headache . Majorly the pain gets worst when I am emotionally bad and struggling. Now a days I can't concentrate on a topic which I study. I can't grasp and understand the topic .I need time to process data and I am getting angry, you pset sad and emotionally down. I can't memorize certain words while writing.
At past I have an smoking habit from 2years to im feeling depression and anxiety I met many doctors but half problem was solved but how to come out totally from this problem.
I always have negative thoughts and I feel depressed and I have bad temper. Also I have extreme inferiority problem. I always get annoyed by potty questions. Also I had nightmares. I also have fight between my heart and mind. please advise. Thanks.
I am aged 34 years, suffering from depression since 20 years, on tab respidon 5 mg, sernac 1 mg, no improvement, please advice. I'm unable to concentrate no interest to do home work, always want to sleep i've put up weight. I need very good counseling.
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; and you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BDNF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BDNF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters, which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black Tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine, which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress.