Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Jain
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Amit JainYour feedback matters!
I am 33 years old female non vegetarian I smoke and drink regularly I am fat weight is 78 I am 5'4. Have depression and panic attacks got blood test done everything has come normal but past few weeks I am having a pain on my lower left side of my abdomen which is spreading towards my back and hips and is travelling towards my left leg. Periods are normal what should I do now m really scared.
Hi, I'm 36 year old male. For last 2 weeks my feet are getting little swollen & I've pain in my ankle (front part of my ankle. please let me know if this is a concern & suggest medication. Thanks.
I am having daily high blood pressure medicine, (TELMA 40. I was earlier taking Metpure xl50 for the last 2 years. But changed to Telma 40 2 months back. I am overweight by 10-15 kg. I.e. I am 86 kg. I thought of doing walking and some exercise but few Dr. Asked me to take pre caution as I am a high BP patient. How do I reduce my weight and also keep BP under control.
I am overweight and I hv pains a lot. I can not walk due to pain in back and legs. Pls help. As severe pain in neck back and lower centre of back. But allopathy does not suits to me. As my stomach get pain.
I am feeling pain in thigh always there is muscle pain in my thigh from 2 month sometimes it is too much more sometimes less taken vit d capsule from 1 month total 4 capsule I taken but not any relief wht to do now is it due to masturbation becoz I masturbate daily I also feel weakness in my whole body.
Sir, i am having sciatica nerve compression as per MRI. From left buttocks to the knees it is excruciating pain. I took so many medicines for nearly 2 months. It is not becoming ok Now I went to one Ortho ,he has given me feldex 20 mg, dolanzen and gabantin plus. For the past 4 days i am on this pills. What should I do. If I stand for 10 mnts i am feeling pain and feel like sitting. When will I become normal. First I went to 1 Dr, he prescribed melo 7.5 mg,nurogaba 75 and nervirich. No effect. Secondly I went to another Dr, he gave hifenac, Lyrica ,alsody and q10 capsules. No effect. Now i am taking the medicines that I have detailed in the first paragraph, that is dolanzen, feldex 20 mg and gabantin plus. Dr. asked me to take for 10 days. i am having gastric irritation also despite taking pan 40. i am not getting proper sleep. What exercise I should do? When will I be cured? I want to report for office.
I am 21 years old. I have pain in my lower back just above my right buttock. I got suddenly, im suffering from past two days. What should I do?
I am 70 year male my feet are swallowing but no pain i am 5, 5" weight 97 kg or 210 lbs please help?
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those women who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis.
This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!