Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Amit DhondYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years male. While running I have pain in my knees. I have consulted other doctors and they have recommended vitamin D and calcium tablets, still the pain persists. What should I do?
2) it occurs due to increased uric acid levels which get deposited into joints, heart, kidneys, every patient with raised uric acid doesn't have gout.
All such patients not having gout need not be treated with uric acid lowering agents.
3) it commonly presents as acute sudden attack of red hot swollen joint, usually base of great toe, to begin with (see photograph below)
4) then patient will have a phase where he/she is completely normal. Later on attacks will be more in number, as disease progress they will be more frequent, the attack will last for longer days, and will spread to other joints
5) gout is not only a disease of joints, but it affects heart and kidneys too. It can kill! also severe disease develops 5-10 years after first attack.
6) that is why gout need to be treated with life long therapy, rather than only few days of therapy as commonly practiced incorrectly.
7) gout patients can have dals. Its a wrong concept and biggest myth in gout to stop dals. You have to anyways take medicine, dals are good for health, no use stopping them.
8) gout its along with their medicine should also consume lot of water (washes uric acid in urine). Should also limit alcohol and red meat (they can be allowed in reasonable quantity, no need of complete stopping, remember its a lifelong commitment:)
9) if you don treat gout properly
- the disease can spread to other joints (see hand joints photographs below), with severe damage to joints (see x-ray)
I am suffering from back pain permanently and whenever I run for a min. That nght I can not sleep perfectly my legs were paining much and another question is that my stomach is not working properly all the time sometimes food will digest too early ndd sometimes nott so what should I do to maintain my health.
I had terrible pain and stiffness around knee ie, a little above knees and also below the knees of both legs. It was difficult even to sit. My dexa scan result says ostopenia. I was prescribed lubrijoint for one month and am feeling much better. Can I continue for another two months. Pl advise. I cannot take homeopathy as I am taking lot of other halopathy medicines. Pl advise. Thank you.
I am having frozen shoulder since last 2 years. Taken pain killer. Etc. But there is no improvement. Please guide.
I am a 24 year old male and having lower back pain for about 2-3 weeks. What should I do? what all things should I take care of while sleeping?
Sir. How to get rid of back pain. Tell some natural home tips. And what's the reason of getting that pain. Even tell some exercises, tablets, and balm or ointment to apply.
I am 70 years old person. Having lower back pain every morning. What type of medicine I should take.
I am 38 years old, I am over weight with 15 kgs, right now I am 65 kgs, can you please suggest any weight reduction medicines, I have legament tear on my right knee, due to over weight unable to walk.
My son aged fall down from bed reversely just now he is 16 month old, there is a small injury on head will it be issue?
Are there any exercises that can be done to cure chondromalacia? Do I have to keep myself away from sports?
A hand fracture is a condition characterized by broken bones of the hand. The bones in the hand include the bones that are present in the fingers and the wrists. A fracture of the hand tends to occur when you bend or twist your hand in the wrong manner. It may also be caused by injuries related to sports and falls.
Symptoms of swelling and pain are the most common of them all. The range of motion for the affected hand will be reduced as well. The knuckle bone may appear to have been sunken in. Most obviously, it will be difficult in carrying out regular tasks which need the hands.
The initial treatment for a hand fracture will be focused on reducing the pain. Pain relieving medications such as ibuprofen will be administered which provides relief from the pain. The next step will be to keep the affected hand immobilized so as not to hamper the recovery process. Once stability is restored, therapeutically relevant exercises are prescribed to help normalize the regular hand movements.
The following exercises are relevant in case of a hand fracture:
- Wringing a towel: This is an exercise wherein you wring a towel to improve flexibility and strength in the hand. Simply grab a towel and twist it in both directions; imagine wringing water from the towel.
- Rolls of the wrist: Wrist rolls aim to increase the ROM (range of motion) in your wrists and the hands. Hold the hand steady and rotate your wrists both clockwise and anticlockwise. You can also hold a light weight in your hand to make it more challenging.
- Prayer stretch: A prayer stretch is another exercise that can help boost your wrist flexibility. You start by positioning the palms together like in a prayer, then hold up the elbows while pushing the hands against each other. You should feel a stretch in your wrists and hands.
- Grasping: This is a technique wherein you grasp objects to improve your grip strength. Try gripping objects such as tennis ball or stress balls to get your gripping ability up to normal levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.