Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Amit Desai BYour feedback matters!
I am a 29 year old woman n I am in a relation with a very good guy but my family does not want to accept him as my husband and because of this reason I am very much stressed out from few days. Please suggest what to do.
I am twenty six year boy and my body is very weak when I talk to anyone but there is a strong personality in my mind but when I talk to others I am very bad situation faces my head getting very pain and the legs are vibrating my hands are shivering can you suggest the right reason ?
Why most of the teenagers can't concentrate on their studies. Why do they get pimples n how to over come pimples marks.
Hi I am suffering of epilepsy Which type food should eat And Which types food should avoid And What should I do for relief 1. Epilex chrono 300 mg 8 am and 8 pm 2. Frisium 10 mg Sleep time.
How can we make our skin glowing. I used to drink amla juice few days ago for last two months, now I stopped drinking it. Now I use to drink 5-6 litre water daily. I don't like applying paste, scrub, face pack, etc. It makes me annoying and irritating! So, Sir/mam how can we make our skin glowing? Can only water make my skin to glow? Or should I follow some other things? I don't know other things so please suggest me something like water which make my skin to glow, instead of applying anything on the face!
I am suffering from leg pain daily during night can you suggest wat could be done sometime whole body pain.
What is the effect to stop adwize tablet after taking this tablet for 3 and half years to cure my autistic child now aged 13 years, who is also is an epilectic patient.
Depression is a psychiatric disorder that is characterized by constant feelings of sadness, low self-esteem and loss of interest in daily affairs. Depression is most likely caused by hormonal imbalances, genetic problems, drug addiction and grief.
Depression can be characterized by its symptoms:
- You will experience constant feeling of sadness
- There may be sudden outbursts of anger
- You may have difficulties in concentrating and executing various tasks
- Constant feeling of tiredness
- Loss of appetite
- Changes in weight
- Social withdrawal
- Difficulties in sleeping at night
Homeopathy focuses on treating disorders by rooting out the cause of the disease rather than just treating the symptoms. Homeopathic treatments also do not cause any side effect to the body.
The various remedies that are used to treat depression are:
- Causticum: It is used to treat symptoms of depression that occurs after losing someone. It can also help in episodes of frequent crying, mental dullness and forgetfulness.
- Arsenicum album: This remedy is used to treat excessive worrying. Usually people who worry about not meeting their expectations benefit most from this remedy.
- Aurum metallicum: This remedy is used to treat symptoms of suicidal thoughts, despair and low self-esteem. These symptoms may aggravate during colder months.
- Cimicifuga: This treatment is recommended if you feel extremely upset and gloomy. If you face symptoms of neck pain and headaches during depression, then this remedy might help you.
- Phosphoric acid: If you face symptoms of introversion and loss of appetite, this remedy should work wonders.
- Sepia: This remedy is recommended when you face symptoms of loneliness, anger and are easily disturbed. It may also cure symptoms of digestive disorders during depression.
- Pulsatilla nigricans: Pulsatilla nigricans is used to treat symptoms of whining, jealousy and mood disorders. It is usually recommended for women who have depression along with menopause or puberty.
- Kali phosphoricum: This is used to treat symptoms of emotional stress, lack of concentration and fatigue resulting from depression.
A Note of Caution: Even though the names of the medicines have been listed above, still it is advisable to consult a trained homeopathic practitioner as the potency and dosage of the medicine will differ from person to person and can only be decided by the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.
I am aged 39Y. I'm unable to speak since 12/01/2016. I have contacted ENT specialist and undergone STOBORNOSCOPY on 19/01/2016 as suggested by the doctor. The doctor has written stobornoscopy report that PHONOTARY gap is positive. Please suggest, can I able to speak or Not?
Are there side effects in prolonging the consumption of antidepressants? Do we become dependent on antidepressants?
I met a girl in matrimony website in 2014 November . She was in Mumbai n I in bangalore. Then I wasn't divorced neither was she. Her husband fooled her and married, she came to know after her marriage that his husband had a child from her first marriage. Thereafter her husband just wanted to hv physical with her but doesn't want to take responsibility. While we spoke to each other we started to like each other but we just like friends until now. I am divorced now. She in bhubaneswar but I am still in bangalore. She couldn't get divorced as she wanted alimony that her husband didn't give. She calls often n say about the Torture that she and her daughter going - mental n physical. It's been 2 years we never met n sometimes we were just 7 km away but still cudnt meet because some or other work. Should I pursue with this long distance friendship or what should I do. She never asked me anything related to financial thing nor she asked me to help her get rid of husband by doing ny crime. She staying with her husband but she often tells me "this is not the man I married, I am only with her for my daughter's future" Please suggest.
I have been taking antidepressant and sleeping pills,Melzep.0.5 mg and Trapex 2 daily since last over 14 years by prscription of an army psychiatrist.I have no side effect as long as I keep on taking it,else I get symptoms backI had beeps heart surgery in 2003 and am 72+ YEARS.
Hello. I am a 17 year old girl. And I wish to know about the visual subliminal message and its affects on our mind. And other hypnotherapy for mental issues.
Stress is very common these days due to the busy modern lifestyle and can cause symptoms of disorders of the mind. There are certain signs that foretell an impending mental problem, these signs should be taken seriously and a mental health professional should be consulted.
Some of these signs that indicate that you should go for a mental health checkup include:
1. Appetite disorder - Appetite problems such as loss of appetite or overeating may indicate mental problems. Moreover, eating foods excess in fat and sugar can indicate signs of stress.
2. Difficulties in interpersonal communication - Progressive reduction in interaction with people to no communication at all indicates signs of stress and a mental health professional should be consulted in this case.
3. Insomnia - Significant modifications in sleeping patterns or not being able to sleep due to stress for a long duration of time need to be addressed as they can result in complications.
4. Overactive mind - The overactive mind is a cause of anxiety where the mind is always thinking and thoughts race through causing anxiety and an inability to relax. A normally active mind is healthy but an overactive mind which can't seem to relax for extended periods of time should be looked into.
5. Lack of interest in activities - Showing symptoms were once fun activities seem worrisome and fearful can indicate signs of mental disorders.
6. Emotional distress causing problems at work and home - Inability to focus at work or everyday activities due to emotional stress can result in depression. Thus, symptoms such as these should be diagnosed at the earliest to prevent complications.