Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I forget things, feelings are disappearing in my life, lake of happiness/sadness/attraction/interest. But I don't have that much stress and I don't drink alcohol/smoke. Unless it's more than 1 month. What to do?
My father lives in anger. His age is 61 years. His bp is normal. What should we do to controll his anger. Please tell me.
I am 28 years male, suffering from erectile dysfunction, I guess it's due to masturbation, please guide me in a proper manner to overcome this.Please tell.
I am a gym freak.Age 18 My height is 6ft.Body weight 88kg I am fit.But I smoke.It goes till 25cigarettes a day.How do I stop ?
Im 25 year old male. I have to convense my parents for inter caste love marriage im getting very tensed how to tell the matter to parents please help me so that I can convince my parents easily.
Hi Sir/Mam, Am a smoking guy. Am smoking past 12 years regularly. Now I go to got married by next two months so I want to stop the habit. Pls advice me.
I think I have a more of a mental or a psychological problem. I cannot open up my feelings with other people whether they may be my family or friends. Also I keep constantly lying to them for no apparent reason. I think I need some help in this part. Also my attitude towards any work is not serious at all. I need to improvise on that. Any good suggestions?
I am being tortured by my daughter who is 21 as I am a single mother and with no emotional and moral support. I stop her from going late night to parties and with guys and in retaliation she shouts at me and mentally I remain very disturbed. I am already on Epilex chrono 200 mg and rivotril 2 mg to be taken twice a day. Please help.
I was in stress few month back Started on tablet Metpure exel 25 mg once a day. Blood pressure was around 160/100. NOW WITH Tablet it is 110 /80. BUT FREE OF stress NOW. Stress is relieved. Should I continue medicines.
Hi, I was an occasional drinker. However off late my drinking has increased and now I drink almost everyday. Eventhough my intake is something like 2 beers at most a day, I have it almost every day. I would like to restrict this habit and be a social drinker. How can I prevent myself from being a full blown alcoholic and control this urge for alcohol.
I am 22 years old and currently doing pg in physics. I have the problem that I usually feel frightened to speak in front of a gathering, and the problem only becomes worse if there are women around. Like I somehow don't feel comfortable in classroom and ask questions to the teacher. I always feel uncomfortable to speak to the girls when they come to for help or to discuss anything. I feel awkward (become red faced and sweat) if people look at me when I speak, but there is no such problem if there is complete darkness or there are only a few known people around. I have always been a bright student with thousands of successes to cheer about but this problem somehow doesn't allow me to enjoy my hard earned successes. Now I am in a fix what to do. I was thinking about taking sbl tranquil. please let me know if it is gonna help.
I love a girl but I can't express it now I am studying in 12th class she is best in everything in class and I am better than average. I can talk to everyone but I hesitate to talk to her. Whenever I want to tell her my feelings than when I saw her cute face then I change my mind. This makes my mind out of studies and every time I feel loneliness and depressed I want to focuses on studies and my other goals but I can't please show me the right way what should I do.
I m taking beta cap tr 20 at morning for tremor but still getting shocks. librium 10 fr anxiety little help. But my sex desire is very low any extra medicine to be add in please guide
I am in relation with a guy since 1 n hlf year. I luv him a lot. I cnt live without him nt a single hr. He also luvs me. Bt sometimes it seems he does not. He spends tim wid me bt there is something missing. Between us. Infct most of tim when we meet we quarrel. whenever I call him he found bsy. He does not reply a single txt. He do not like when I call. He is more hppy wid his fmly n frnds nt me. sometimes it seems tht he is only wid me for intimacy. He is also my bst frnd .i share evry feeling n evry tlk wid him bt nw he irritates wid it n also me say him vry bad in anger. His behavior becomes me sad n thn he says I do not like sad girl. Be hppy if you wnt me n also make me hppy. He always scold me also on his mistakes. Nevr accept his mistake. .our relation get complicated. So will you plzz suggest me about it . Thnku .
I am 25 years old, having chest pain for years now. Ecg and eco results were ok. I smoke regularly. What treatment do you recommend.
In most Indian homes, a family is not complete with just one child. Until about a couple of decades ago, a family with a single child was very rare. The most common response would be 'with whom the child will play'. Between the siblings, there is always so much love. Starting from getting attention from the parent to education at all stages of life, this is one relationship which just grows and grows. While it definitely is a feel-good factor, scientifically too, it has been proven to have multiple benefits.
Read on to know some benefits of having siblings and how it can help you stay healthy and positive.
- A constant companion: With a sibling around, there is no need to look for a play or study companion. There is always one available right in the same home. This provides for a happy, healthy equation with a lot of give and take that just extends through life.
- Continuous learning environment: With a sibling around, the learning never stops. There is a constant teacher/mentor-student relationship with the elder one having an upper hand and trying to teach the younger one all sorts of things from using a chalk to spoon to math to magic.
- Sharing begins at home: Whether it is your toys or colours, stationary or chocolates, siblings share a lot of stuff and so from a very young age, there is a behaviour that encourages sharing of all sorts of things. Studies have shown that children with siblings show a lot more sympathy and are more open to sharing things as compared to single children.
- Builds selflessness: The next time you see two siblings, notice how the elder one is always so protective of the younger one. The elder one is willing to give up their chocolate just so the younger one smiles. Similarly, the younger one also would give up a toy so that the elder one is happy. This selflessness is ingrained in children with siblings, which extends into their other relationships too later in life.
- Tougher individuals: Problem solving is something which gets built in early in life when children have siblings. This comes in handy later in life too, which makes them tougher individuals. They are also better skilled at negotiating, good at setting and achieving goals, managing relationships (both professional and personal), and are so more successful.
The relationship with a sibling just continues through life. The above are some pointers as to how having a sibling makes for a happy, healthier, and positive life. Anyone with a sibling would definitely vouch for these!!