Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Amit BaliYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old, now a days i'm facing ankle pain, when i'm take a walk atlest for 40 to 50 step. Please help me.
Joint pain and fatigue. Previous diagnosed with thyroid continued thyromos 150 med. And blood pressure stays mostly low.
Sir I have problem regarding joint pain since 2 years that why I unable walk properly and unable to stand properly.
There is a issue of regarding a left foot whose middle finger is having a problem and its very paining.
My age is 22 I have slip disk my disk dislocated into 6 mm back so I have heavy pain when I bend or doing any work and long time sitting any home remedies to cure fast.
My brother encounter with an accident last month he got some stitches on the right side of his forehead and his wound is recovered, but his whole right side of head got numb several times a day. For diagnosing the reason of numb we did CT scan but result was normal. Well sorry for my bad language.
I am 43 years I have pain in my both legs mussels below the knee, backbone and head. I am not felling good and have not interest in sex. Please suggest my happy life.
I havent slept from last 3 days because my foot is paining. I got hurted when I was playing football. Please tell what to do?
I am 23 years old. And I am having pain in my back for 1 year. How to get rid of this. And now I think it will never leave me.
My sis-in-law is suffering from fever, chills,nausea, joint pain and loose motion from past 1 month. We have consulted different doctors but the treatment's effect was temporary. She was also hospitalized for two days but she didn't got permanent relief. All kinds of tests have been done. Please solve our trouble.
I am now 23. I m married. I am becoming so tired and having back pain. I did not take rest from the first day of pregnancy. My child is now 2 years old.
Hi ny self ranveer I have problem with my back when I am awake in morning than my back pain so plsss tell what is issue with me plss revert me my issue asap.
Muscle cramps often occur in the calf muscle of the back of the lower leg. It is often characterized by a momentary sharp pain along with a muscle lump beneath the skin. Just like its sudden appearance, muscle cramp disappears the same way without any botheration. However, a doctor should be consulted if you see any of the following symptoms:
- The pain keeps coming back
- The cramps result in weakening of the muscles
- It causes frequent discomfort
- It results in changed skin color, redness or swelling of the skin
- The condition doesn’t improve with normal care
- Cramps are not associated with obvious causes such as playing, exercising and jogging
What causes muscle cramps?
Any strain on muscle, dehydration, muscle overuse or simply standing for a prolonged time can lead to muscle cramps. The exact cause of muscle cramps is not known in a lot of cases. There could be the following medical conditions that could lead to such muscle cramps:
- Blood supply: At times when the arteries narrow down resulting in an inadequate blood supply in the leg, a sharp pain can be felt followed by muscle cramps. This can happen while exercising or playing. It disappears as soon as one rests their legs.
- Mineral depletion: Shortage of magnesium, potassium and calcium in the body can lead to muscle cramps. Even medication for high blood pressure can lead to cramps in the legs.
- Nerve compression: Nerve compression of the spine can produce sharp pain on the leg muscles. The pain worsens with longer durations of walk. The symptoms, however, can be delayed a bit if the walking posture is changed, like the way one walks while carrying a shopping cart.
What are the risk factors associated to muscle cramps?
- Dehydration: Muscle cramps often happen among athletes when they get dehydrated and fatigued while performing in hot temperature.
- Age: People over the age of 60 often lose mass in the muscle. The remaining mass gets stressed out soon, resulting in muscle cramps.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women face frequent muscle cramps due to the sudden increase of body weight and restricted movements in the pregnancy period.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions such as nerve disorder, thyroid problems, liver failure, diabetes etc. greatly increase the chance of muscle cramps.
Some common ways to treat muscle cramps:
- A brisk walk followed by stretching relaxes the muscles and greatly helps in staying away from cramps.
- A diet consisting of magnesium on a regular basis gives relief from muscle cramps.
- A wet cloth soaked in hot water often shows magical results and gives instant relief from muscle cramps.
- Being hydrated throughout the day helps with muscle cramps. It is necessary to consume enough amount of electrolytes so that muscle contraction does not happen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.