Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit AroskarYour feedback matters!
My face skin looks lifeless and dull. What should I do. Suggest me some food to get it glowing! Thanks!
My teeth showing yellowish color and while speaking bad odour is coming I am using Colgate paste please suggest what can I do.
When am I over active i.e. Working standing for 1-2 hours I get moving / imbalance feeling. On days I am not active (this doesn't happen is it related to low bp. Got it checked by doc. But came normal. Home test shows around 110-99/66. Can it be possible that it is due to inner ear. What symptoms should I notice to understand the reason for this problem.
In a word insomnia. No sleep from many months, I'm an ace photographer done my BFA photography recently. So owns an event management company in Hyderabad. Moving forward to the details. My gf got married last four months back so lack of sleep from many months I feel it's insomnia related something stress depression, what is that? I wanna know by doctors. N the solution? Hope I get good answer thank you.
What are the best foods or fruits for healthy sperm production and good erections. I need some advice regard diet foods & some exercise Thank you.
With viral fever on the rise it is advisable to prevent yourself against dengue and chikungunya. Dengue is caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes. It is an acute illness of sudden onset that usually symptoms such as headache, fever, exhaustion, severe muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, and rash. The presence of fever, rash, and headache is particularly characteristic of dengue.
Most common symptoms of dengue are:
Symptoms, which usually begin four to six days after infection and last for up to 10 days, may include
- Sudden, high fever
- Severe headaches
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever
- Mild bleeding (such a nosebleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising)
How to diagnose and prevent against dengue?
Diagnosing dengue fever: Blood test to check for the virus or antibodies to it .IgG AND IgM for Dengue Fever.
Prevention against dengue fever:
- Stay away from heavily populated residential areas, if possible.
- Use mosquito repellents, even indoors.
- When outdoors, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks.
- When indoors, use air conditioning if available.
- Make sure window and door screens are secure and free of holes. If sleeping areas are not screened or air conditioned, use mosquito nets.
Role of Ayurveda in treating dengue:
Ayurveda believes in treating a person as a whole, it means that it focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. Ayurvedic remedies are selected after a full individual examination and case analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient physical & mental constitution, family history, presenting symptoms, underlying pathology etc. An Ayurvedic practitioner tries to treat more than just the symptoms present. The focus is not on curing the disease, but to cure the person who is sick; to restore for health. If a disease pathology is not very advanced homeopathic remedies to give a hope for cure; even in incurable case the quality of life can be greatly improved with Ayurvedic remedies.
I'm ambika, 29 years old. I'm having pcod since 4 years. My weight was increased by 30 kgs, since 3 years. Alteady i'm having 2 children. What can I do to reduce my weight & to got relief from pcod?
Hi, I am 29 years old male I have a problem with my knees every time I try to climb stairs it hurts a lot. Please help.
Yesterday I just ate bhaang and now m feeling kind of sick .And I am asthma patient my throats are getting dry. What should I do?
My grand father is suffering from diabetes 140-150 on fasting and he had a minor heart attack few months ago . What diet we should follow ?
I have an gall stone of 10mm and bcz of this I feel very tired and weak so what to do. Is operation remove gall bladder.
I am facing some problems on my face there are many pimples like little occurred. How can I get rid of this?
All Ayurvedic treatments have their roots in hundreds of years of research and thus are extensive. The philosophy followed by these treatments is that every human being in governed by three doshas of forces - vata (air), pitta (fire) and kapha (earth). Depending on the force that is in highest proportion in an individual, all his psychological and physical attributes are determined. Hair loss is attributed to the pitta dosha which is concentrates on metabolism and digestion. The various methods to treat premature loss of hair, according to Ayurvedic principles are:
- Balancing the pitta dosha: Pitta dosha can be managed by eating less salty, fried and spicy food, consuming limited amount of alcohol, coffee and meat and reducing smoking habits. Certain herbs can curb excess pitta like shatavari or asparagus and bitter vegetables.
- Ayurvedic oil and shampoo: An effective remedy is oil made by boiling a cup of neem (margosa) leaves in 4 cups of water. The mixture is then strained and stored. If applied at night and rinsed off in the morning, hair loss can be prevented and your hair gets healthier. An Ayurvedic shampoo can be made at home by preparing a mixture of methi (fenugreek), green bean (mung dal), soapberries, lemon juice and curry leaves which need to grinded well together before applying on the scalp.
- Ayurvedic diet plan: Ayurveda believes that a well-balanced diet is the preventive measure to most ailments, including hair loss. Consuming vegetables with high protein and iron content like cauliflower, kale, pumpkin leaves, spinach, salsify, lentils, beet greens, string beans, dandelion greens, raisins, soybeans etc. proves to be helpful in this regard. This diet can also help to combat systemic diseases like alopecia which may causes loss of hair and sizeable bald spots.
- Ayurvedic medicines: Four ayurvedic medicines are used extensively for the purpose of combatting hair loss. These are Thikthakam Kashayam, Thikthakam Grisham (regulates metabolism), Chyavana Prasam and Narasimha Rasayanam, which improves the strength and quality of hair).
- Combating other problems that cause hair loss: Using herbs like Brahmi (to manage stress), Shilajita and Jatamansi (for thyroid imbalance), cardamom (for chronic problems) and ashwagandha (for immune system disorders) can indirectly help when hair loss is a symptom or side effect of another disease.