Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amish Dalal
Submit a review for Dr. Amish DalalYour feedback matters!
Dr. Amish dalal is a very experienced doctor, he and his team treated me very well. They were very friendly to me and Dr. Amish also took good care of me and my family while my treatment.
Kindly advise My father was diagnosed with small cell lung carcinoma in July 2017. It was in stage 3 b. He started treatment in Delhi State Cancer Institute as he preferred close to home. Chemotherapy was advised weekly. Initially he was able to keep up with weekly schedule but later the blood counts (platelets and wbc) used to be less. So he was given injections of GC and intrabolin. And had Prednisolone once a day. Then the gap of chemo increased to two to three weeks. November pet scan report showed disease under control. But in March he wasn't able to take a single chemotherapy. pet scan done in April showed disease under progression. Currently he is under pain around the pelvic area and back. Sugar is fluctuating. Kindly have a look at the reports and advise if anything can be done to increase the life span. Radiation is planned. Can radiation be given around liver and lung area along with pelvic area? Zolotronic acids drip is planned but we don't have dental clearance. Any Chemotherapy meds are advisable?
Hello Sir, I'm 22 yrs. Always I fell that my body isn't going well. Something wrong with my body. Some time stomach. Some time head. Some time leg. Some time heart bit grow. But almost I have nothing. Doctor's r saying this all r due to depression. If something get into my leg and start paining I started to think that it's a snake's bite, I'll die after few hrs. I always fell that I have tumour in brain. Cancer in blood. If anywhere I fell any pain I became worried. I think there is a tumor which will convert 2 cancer. I have cancer phobia. When I listen anybody died like such it worried me 2 much, I started to think about that. But this thinking came just last 1 n half year. Before this 1n half years I was in mess for study. Pls give me some solution pls sir. My life became hell.
How cancer could get prevent for a normal person leaving healthy life and how should cancer patients face it?
Brain cancer is a disease of the brain in which cancer cells (malignant cells) arise in the brain tissue. Cancer cells grow to form a mass of cancer tissue (tumor) that interferes with brain functions such as muscle control, sensation, memory, and other normal body functions. Tumors composed of cancer cells are called malignant tumors, and those composed of mainly non-cancerous cells are called benign tumors. Cancer cells that develop from brain tissue are called primary brain tumors while tumors that spread from other body sites to the brain are termed metastatic or secondary brain tumors.
- Brain cancer is actually the abnormal growth and uncontrolled growth of the cancer cells in the brain,that forms a tumor in the brain.Tumours can be either benign or malignant.
- Benign brain tumours are abnormal collections of cells that reproduce slowly and usually remain separate from the surrounding normal brain.
- Malignant tumours reproduce and grow quickly. Their borders are hard to distinguish from the normal brain around them.
There are few early symptoms of brain cancer, but as the tumour grows within the confines of the skull, it causes increased intracranial pressure and exerts pressure on the brain, causing signs to develop.
Brain cancer symptoms and signs are varied and depend on the area of the brain involved, but can include:
- Nausea and Vomiting, which, CANSA reports, may be worse in the morning or after a sudden position change.
- Difficulty walking or clumsiness.
- Vision changes.
- Changes in alertness.
- Behavioural impairment.
Brain cancer occurs when there is an uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the brain that form a malignant brain tumor. The underlying cause of primary brain cancer, cancer that begins in the brain, is not known. Secondary brain cancer is caused by a cancer of another organ in the body, such as the breast, prostate, kidney, skin, or bone, that has spread to the brain.
What are the risk factors for brain cancer?
- Certain inherited conditions, including neurofibromatosis, Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, and Turcot syndrome
- Personal history of cancer or family history of brain cancer
- Impaired immune system
- Radiation therapy of the head
Surgery is the main form of treatment for brain tumors that lie within the membranes covering the brain or in parts of the brain that can be removed without damaging critical neurological functions. The goal is to remove the entire tumor, whenever possible, as a tumor may recur if any tumor cells are left behind. Radiation therapy and chemotherapy are generally used as secondary treatment for tumors that cannot be cured through surgery alone.
Stereotactic radiosurgery is a treatment option that delivers a high concentration of radiation directly to the tumor in order to stop its growth, while delivering only a minimal dose of radiation to the surrounding tissue. Unlike conventional surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery does not require making an incision to remove the tumor. It can be especially effective in patients with many small metastatic brain tumors. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir mere bai ko godbledder liver cancer hai. 4stage ka aisa Tata Bombay ne bola. To abi pataint gr me hai. Pain bhut hota hai. Pls tell me.
I have been operated for spinal cord tumors two months ago, now I have pain in my buttocks and thig, what causes of it?
Elevated PSA I am a 75 years old. My PSA last year was 4.03 this year it has elevated to 5.83. This has me stressed and worried. My urologist has recommend I have a biopsy. I have been reading and go ogling about prostate cancer and biopsies. The more I read and learn, the more confused I get. I am 50- to get a.
Pancreas is small organ located behind your stomach, which are responsible for the production of insulin. This organ produces multiple enzymes, which are necessary for digestion. The increase in diabetes, obesity, smoking and other issues within the population have also pushed up the number of cases of pancreatic cancer. Let's look at some of the Ayurvedic remedies, which are known to be very effective in combating or preventing this disease.
- Tulsi or Ocimum Tenuiflorum: Tulsi has been known to have many medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurveda since ages. It improves metabolism, reduces inflammation as well and is able to regulate and control diabetic disorders, thus halting or even preventing cancer.
- Emblica Officinalis or Amla: Amla is very effective in the removal of toxins and can regulate inflammation, which is caused by certain enzymes. It is also an antioxidant which can keep excessive secretion under check and stop the progress of cancer or its development in the first place.
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: A widely used Ayurvedic medicine, Haritaki has qualities that can act as a colon cleanser and help remove cholesterol and fats from your system. This can unclog organs like the pancreas and lessen the chances of cancer or even halt further progress of cancerous cell growth.
- Kanchnaar or Bauhinia Variegate: This herb is very good in stopping the cancer causing agents and can prevent the growth of lymphomas, sarcomas, malignant tumors among other cancerous diseases. It has been used since a very long time to treat cancers in Ayurveda and thus be very effective in treating pancreatic cancers as well.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Another effective medication to stop the growth of cancer, guggul has been a fairly common name in Ayurvedic medicines. It inhibits certain pathways that may either cause or enhance the growth of cancer cells within the body and is thus effective as a preventative measure as well as a remedy for pancreatic cancer.
- Ashwagandha: Another common Ayurvedic herb, this is very effective as an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant. Ashwagandha has been used to treat diabetic neuropathy and is also beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress, all of which may lead to pancreatic cancers. It is also effective in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.