Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amish DalalYour feedback matters!
Dr. Amish dalal is a very experienced doctor, he and his team treated me very well. They were very friendly to me and Dr. Amish also took good care of me and my family while my treatment.
My mother, 64, is a patient of Rheumatoid Arthritis for the last 25 years and on Allopathic treatment from AIIMS for the last 14 years (on Tab. Methotraxate). She has been advised to undergo knee replacement surgeries (both knees) and hip surgeries (both hips). She is a diabetic taking one tablet a day (before breakfast), through the disease is in control. She had undergone a surgery for Thyroid cancer from AIIMS in 2001 and on medicine for thyroid (for whole life). She takes tobacco daily 4-5 times since last more than 15 years. She has undergone LE Retina Detachment surgery from AIIMS in August, 2014 and January, 2015 (Oil Removal), as also, for Cataract. Her vision (without specs) now is not more than 30%. I would like to know whether alongwith medicines of thyroid, diabetes and arhritis, can she take homeopathic medicine. Actually, I am afraid that she might get cancer due to chewing of tobacco, as she once had (thyroid cancer), for which she got operated at AIIMS in 2001. Can she take any cancer preventive homeo medicine? Also, can she take homeo medicine for increasing eye power? I would be thankful if a satisfactory reply is given considering the above position of my mother. I am a supporter of homeo treatment and always advise others to take homeo medicines instead of alloepathic treatment, as this is the best treatment having no side effects and long lasting positive effects on body. Eagerly waiting for a reply. Regards, 9891422924
What are the symptoms of breast cancer? I oftenly get pain in the breast. Is it a symptom of a breast disease?
I am a 39 year old female. I have noticed lump type formation on the sides of breast which appears and disappears automatically, please suggest medication for the same.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
Cervical cancer is a type of cancer which emerges from the cervix. It occurs due to the abnormal growth of cells in the cervix (lower part of the uterus) of the female reproductive system. Cervical cancer is the most common type of cancer found in women, worldwide, and can be treated with successful results, if discovered at an initial stage.
This type of cancer can be caused by multiple factors, some of which are:
1. Human papillomavirus - One of the major causes of cervical cancer is the human papillomavirus (HPV). There are more than 100 types of HPV. During sexual intercourse, a minimum of 40 types of HPV are passed, out of which 15 of them are high risks for cervical cancer, including types 16 and 18. 7 out of 10 women, who suffer from cervical cancer, are infected by types 16 and 18.
However, most women, who are sexually active, will come under the influence of at least one type of HPV in their lifetime, without any kind of harm caused to them.
2. Smoking - Smoking increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. It helps in the development of HPV, which is a major cause of this type of cancer. If a woman is already HPV-positive, smoking increases the probability of being diagnosed with cervical cancer by leaps and bounds.
3. Oral contraceptives - Research shows that taking contraceptive pills increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. Women who've been on contraceptive pills for over 5 years are twice as more prone to being diagnosed with cervical cancer than those who are not on the pill. But as soon as you stop the intake of pills, the increased risk of cancer drops immediately.
4. Multiple pregnancies - Having multiple pregnancies is linked with increased risk of cervical cancer. Having seven or more pregnancies increases the risk of this type of cancer in those women who are already influenced by HPV by four times. And those who have had one or two full-term pregnancies, also under the influence of HPV have two to three times the risk of being diagnosed with this illness.
Knowing about the symptoms of cervical cancer can help in the early diagnosis of this disease. However, in the early stages of the disease, there are no such noticeable symptoms. Although these signs can help you understand if you've got cervical cancer:
1. Abnormal vaginal bleeding, i.e. bleeding after sexual intercourse or after menopause
2. Longer period cycles
3. Bleeding after douching
Symptoms in the advanced stages of the illness are:
1. Loss of weight
2. Back pain
3. Leg pain
5. Swelling of legs
7. Pelvic pain
8. Leakage of urine/feces from vagina
Lump discovered please help Hi, I have never had a lump in my breast before I'm 24 years old and I'm worried. The lump is on the same side as where I had an abscess removed recently. It's red and inflamed on the outside and tender to touch. Wondering what it could be, thanks .
I'm 61 years my diabetes is under control I have done sonography of whole abdomen and found that prostate gland is enlarged in size, 4.6 x3. 7x3. 6 cms in size Post-void residue size seen=6 cc Prostate volume=33. 0 cc Prostate weight approx =36.3 gms Pls let me know what to do I have taken flodart plus for three month now pls suggest me. During night time l have to pass urine three to four times.
According to the American Cancer Society and Colon Cancer Alliance, colon cancer, which is also referred to as colorectal cancer is regarded as the third most commonly diagnosed type of cancer, as well as the second most important reason of cancer deaths in the U.S. affecting both men and women. But thankfully, colon cancer can be prevented by changing the food habits. It is also important to get regular screenings through colonoscopy, which will help you to determine the early or precancerous stage that can be treated with the removal of cancerous cells.
Colorectal cancer is deemed to be cancer, related to the food habits and it can be prevented by correcting the same. Here are the top ways through which you can help your condition naturally:
Reduce the amount of red meat consumption: Health studies reveal that people who eat red meat on a regular basis are more prone to developing colon cancer. This is because the chemicals required to digest this food damage the DNA material which in turn is the main reason behind the cause of cancer.
Increase the amount of garlic intake: By consuming more garlic, you can reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer, particularly those of the gastrointestinal tract. Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial properties that can block the pathway of cancer causing elements and boost the repair as well as reduce the proliferation of cells. It is also high in selenium and sodium content which are beneficial for the overall health.
Consume all types of plant antioxidants: The bright-coloured fruits and vegetables, as well as herbs and spices, can greatly contribute to adding a wide array of antioxidants in your regular diet. Foods that are rich in antioxidants include carrots, pomegranates, cranberries, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, cabbage, turmeric, sage, rosemary, saffron, purple and red grapes.
Cook foods in sesame oil: The many health benefits of sesame seeds are due to its nutritional content, including vitamins, minerals, natural oils, and organic compounds which consist of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, zinc, fiber, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, protein, and tryptophan.
Increase the consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids: It has been reported by several types of research that a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the occurrence of colon cancer and therefore you must eat a lot of salmon, cod, mackerel and sardines for decreasing the pro-inflammatory levels in your body.
Go For Ayurvedic Panchakarma Therapy: Panchakarma is the ultimate mind-body healing experience for detoxifying the body, strengthening the immune system and restoring balance and well-being. It is one the most effective healing modality in Ayurvedic Medicine. It promotes Detoxification and Rejuvenation. It is recommended on a seasonal basis, as well as when an individual feels out of balance or is experiencing illness. According to Ayurveda, good health depends upon our capability to fully metabolize all aspects of life, assimilating that which nourishes and eliminating the rest. When we can’t completely digest our food, experiences, and emotions, toxins accumulate in our bodily tissues, creating imbalance and – ultimately – disease. Panchakarma is an elegant cleansing process that releases stored toxins and restores the body’s innate healing ability.
These few alterations to your food habits can greatly help you in preventing colon cancer and you can consult your doctor for a detailed analysis and recommendation based on your individual health condition.