Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amish DalalYour feedback matters!
I am 75 years and recently had a operation in which a cancerous tumor of 7 kg was surgically removed. Currently I am bed ridden and doctor has advised against chemo as my health is fragile as I am in liquid diet post surgery. I would like to know about any medication apart from chemo or Radio that will improve the health and give stability.
Lungs are the most important organ of our body that has the responsibility of taking in the oxygen and releasing out carbon dioxide. When cancer develops in it, the entire body gets imbalanced. Lung cancer leads to more death than any other type of cancer, which is why identifying the symptoms and knowing the causes are instrumental in obtaining a timely diagnosis as well as in prevention of this disease.
Symptoms of Lung Cancer
In the early stages:
Loss of appetite
Sudden weight loss
Coughing up blood
In the later stages:
Sever chest pain
Causes of Lung Cancer:
- Smoking: People who smoke are more prone to lung cancer. With the increase in the number of cigarettes you smoke, your chances of getting lung cancer increase too. People who don't smoke but are surrounded by the smokers also have high chances of being affected by this form of cancer.
- Exposure to Asbestos: Asbestos is a group of mineral, which is present naturally in the environment. Lung cancer can occur due to the inhalation and ingestion of asbestos fibers.
- Exposure to Ranon Gas: Ranon is a radioactive gas, which is formed naturally on decaying of radioactive elements. It is found in low levels in the air that we breathe and the water that we drink. Consumption of air and water having this gas leads to lung cancer.
- High Levels of Air Pollution: Presence of high levels of dust particles and pollutants in the air that we breathe can cause lung cancer. 1-2% of lung cancer is caused because of it.
- High Levels of Arsenic in Drinking Water: Consuming water with arsenic content is harmful as it directly affects the lungs and when the arsenic content is too high, it may lead to lung cancer.
- Exposure to Chemicals: Exposure to certain chemicals like uranium, coal products, gasoline, diesel exhaust and mustard gas can also cause lung cancer.
Family History of Lung Cancer: Chances of getting lung cancer increase if your parents, child or siblings are already prone to lung cancer.
Lungs are very important organs of your body as they play a pivotal role in respiration. Lung cancer refers to the gradual development of cancerous cells in the lungs.
Many common symptoms can help you to identify lung cancer. They are stated below:
- Persistent cough
- Change in your voice
- Pain in the chest region
- Breathing problem
- Loss of weight and appetite
- Sometimes a person may also cough up blood
- Cough accompanied by a wheezing sound
Lung cancer is very fatal and has less chances of getting cured. However, ayurveda offers effective and natural remedies for treating lung cancer. They are mentioned as follows:
- Practice breathing exercises regularly: Breathing exercises can help you to deal with the problem of lung cancer in an effective manner.
- Quit smoking and avoid drinking alcohol: This is absolutely essential for treating lung cancer. Both smoking and consuming alcohol can cause severe damage to your lungs.
- Practice meditation. According to ayurveda, meditation is known to have great healing powers for any health problem. This can help you to cope up with cancer as well.
- Avoid junk foods and carbonated drinks: Consuming these foods frequently can worsen your condition.
- Massage therapy: Sometimes massage therapy can work wonders in ayurveda. Massaging certain essential oils can be very helpful.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy can also prove to be effective in treating lung cancer. It is a procedure in which essential oils are not only used for massaging your body but also for inhaling.
- Ayurvedic herbs: There are many ayurvedic medicines and herbs also which can treat lung cancer efficiently.
Since lung cancer involves very less survival rate, it is of utmost importance that you go the doctor immediately once you start noticing any of the above mentioned symptoms.