Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ami BhattYour feedback matters!
After Waking up in the morning there is pain in my heel, if I walk for few minutes then it goes away. Sometimes it pains a lot .only in the heel.
I have a back pain that is my waist since from my child hood what should I do to get better and loss the back pain.
Headache since 2 months, and backpain. Even though am not riding bike, am taking rest, but still headache and pacpain, body pain. Am 29 years old, male.
Hi Sir/ma'am, 2 years ago I had an accident and had a leg surgery by stainless steel plate. Few days ago I have asked about this on Lybrate that how long I can keep stainless steel inside my leg and I got answer from one of doctor that I can keep this stainless steel plate as long as I want. If I really keep stainless steel plate inside my leg as long as I want then why people use titanium plate instead of stainless steel plate? Stainless steel plate cost much lesser than titanium plate. Someone says that stainless steel plate is for short period of time like for 3 or 4 years and titanium plate is for lifetime.
I am 40 years old and getting severe leg pains in the morning. Suggest for good treatment without side effects.
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment.