Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ameya PurandareYour feedback matters!
Holistic science is taking centre stage once again, after their decline in the past centuries since the advent of contemporary medicine. Ayurveda is one such area that helps in reaching and curing the root cause of the ailment that a person may be facing. Couples facing problems or relationships problems are one such area that is also a part of this ancient Indian life science. Let us find out more about Ayurvedic Couple Counselling.
Transformation: Ayurveda seeks to reach the root cause of a problem and transform the life of the patient by dealing with the said problem. For couples, one of the most basic problems is that of stagnation. With the help of the transformation function, Ayurveda helps the two partners in finding a basis for dealing with the old by bringing in the new. In this kind of counselling, couples are usually asked to find something new in each other and things that they can do together to break from the same old routine. This creates a sense of excitement and makes for shared experiences.
Meditation: In Ayurveda, the couple undergoing counselling is usually asked to practice meditation together. This helps in grounding the couple as one unit as they breathe in and out together and get initiated through the path of meditation. With this, a union of the mind, the body and spirit can be possible on several levels where the couple can understand, guide and evolve with each other. When meditation is practiced by the couple together, it is a deeply connecting ritual that also builds intimacy on a whole other level of commitment and togetherness.
Intuition: All people go through change. When we marry, we are young and we subsequently grow old and older with each other. The objective is to grow old together rather than changing to a degree where one partner does not understand or relate with the other. So, as per Ayurveda, it is difficult to align with each other using a sense of intuition that will help in nurturing each other through change, rather than growing apart. This sense of intuition will also bring about better adaptability and adjustment.
Flow of Energy: The main energy between couple is emotion, which can be regulated with Chakra Healing. The play of emotions between two people is what binds together. But this where the subtle balance has to come about so that one does not get overwhelmed with the other. With the help of couples counselling in Ayurveda, the couple will be taught to channel the flow of energy in a positive way to manifest in understanding, good sexual relations, and harmony in cohabitation.
Some unique herbal combos, absolutely safe, are decided by Ayurveda doctor on the basis of feedback, if required. Being open with each other is the key to being happy with couple counselling in Ayurveda.
Actually I didn't had sex and I took unwanted72 and my period didn't occur after 3_5 days and my regular periods are also not happening and my dates are around 21 _22 feb. I am worried please help me.
My wife period is not coming on time. I have tested in a report this report is PCOD.please give me answer as soon as. Thanx.
Hi mam. My age 28 I got married. Its over 10 month completed. I have problem. Last 3 month I have lite spotting for 10 days before my periods. It shown only one day one time only. Only lite spotting. May I know the reason. Also I want to get pregnancy. Give me the suggestion. Also last 5 month I have irregular period. For 5days late my period. please help.
Hi, I am 34 years old female today is my 11th day. I was taking siphene tablets for 5 day's from 2nd day of my periods. But being my 11th day there was no follicle developed in both my ovaries. Can I continue scan. Will there be a chance for follicle development. Please help.
Does iron supplement increase breast milk? I feel so and I am one year baby lactating mom. I can not take iron supplement but my hemoglobin is low.
I got my periods on 24 th of July then I had intercourse on 3rd of August. So is there any chances of getting pregnant.
During the menstrual days, it is necessary to use some kind of padding or easily absorbent material to remain clean and hygienic throughout the day. This material is available in form of tampons or sanitary napkins.
What is the difference between tampons and sanitary napkin
- The tampon is a mass of retentive material shaped in a cylinder, which needs to be inserted into the vagina. Most tampons have a cord or string to aid manual removal. Tampons are used especially when you have to wear tight fitting clothes.
- The sanitary napkins are disposable flat pads that are worn externally to collect menstrual blood and prevent staining. These are mostly made of rayon or cotton. They are available in a variety of sizes, with added benefits of extra absorption and fragrance in some cases. They are easier to carry.
Benefits of using a tampon
- Tampons are easy to use provided you are very well informed and well practiced about its usage and methods of insertion
- Tampons can absorb menstrual blood, depending on your flow, for up to six hours.
- Tampons are more hygienic as the entire material does not get soaked. This helps in preventing the menstrual blood from coming in contact with underwear, skin and staining other clothing.
Disadvantages of using a tampon
- Tampons, if not changed within 4-6 hours, may cause leakage and staining.
- The insertion of a tampon is extremely inconvenient and uncomfortable if not used by practiced hands.
- Incorrect insertion can be painful and lead to injuries and infection
- Leaving a tampon on for too long can cause a Toxic Shock Syndrome. It is a fatal disease caused by toxins and bacterial infection.
- Tampons may increase menstrual cramps in some cases.
Benefits of using sanitary napkins
- Sanitary napkins are easy to use. They come in flat, rectangular shapes of absorbent material that are stuck on the underwear and absorb menstrual blood externally.
- Can be worn overnight.
- Easier to use and convenient to carry around.
- Helps to monitor the flow of blood
- Lessens the risk of infections, and there are fewer health risks
Disadvantages of sanitary napkins
- Cannot prevent menstrual odours
- The absorption rate is lower than tampons
- They show through clothing and tight fitted clothes cannot be worn
It is difficult to say which one is a better or healthier option. Both kinds have their own advantages and disadvantages and are a matter of individual preference. No matter what you use, it is important for you to keep in mind that it is necessary to change it after a few hours, and regular washing helps keeping the menstrual odour in check. It also keeps the pubic region clean and free from the risks of bacterial infections. It is necessary to remain active and maintain a healthy diet to have a regular smooth flow without blood clots. In case of uncontrolled bleeding, you must seek medical attention without delay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.