Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amey manihar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Amey maniharYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am suffering from sciatica issue, 3 weeks back I had severe back pain later which is currently not there, but nowadays I get numbness in my left leg when I sit, the movement I change my sitting posture immediately I starts feeling relax. I do daily stretching exercise and yoga. I have started attending my office regularly. But due to numbness I get irritation feeling. Please let me know how long will it take to get cure. Or what action do I need to take immediately for further treatment.
Sir, my mother aged 70 years. Having back pain since few years. X ray report shows little displacement in lower backbone. What is the suggestion.
I have low back pain, specially in the right side the pain is there and slowly its coming down upto my ankle. Kindly tell me the best treatment to get rid of the pain.
My mother recently developed pain in joints specially in interphalyngeal joints. She took a glass of lemon with warm water in the morning daily for 1 month. After which she developed these joint pains. She is a known diabetic, hypertensive, hypothyroid, and dyslipedimia patient and on medication for them. All the medical conditions are under normal values (she follows a good diet, takes regular medications and does her lab tests and medical checkups regularly) my question is. What could be the possible cause? does taking lemon water causes weakness? her triglycerides, cholesterol, hdl levels were in upper limit and now after taking lemon water for 1 month her lipid profile has decreases to. Triglycerides 100mg/dl, hdl 44 mg/dl, sr. Cholesterol 120mg/dl. She is using tab. Atocar f for dyslipidemia. Thankyou in advance for your patience to go through this lengthy question:-)
I am doing home workout from yesterday with help of home workout app From yesterday, shoulder pain started which cause much problem, please tell me what I do?
Hi. My wife had a severe backache and severe vitamin d problem since 2 years. She is 31. I visited the doctor in forte but he told me to do MRI. I did MRI for bit doctor didn't say anything. He gives me pain killers. But during taking medicines. I got dizziness, and feeling sleepy whole day. And my wife can't get relief from pain. Where and which doctor I visit. How much time it will take. Please help me what can I do?
I feel a sudden piercing pain at the tip of my right rib. I had some tests run but there was no detection. There is no order or timed recurrence. I wish to know the reason and the remedy.
Knee pain or injuries are very common and have numerous causes. Knee pain can emerge from delicate tissue wounds like ligament sprains and muscle strains. Bone conditions like knee joint pain, Osgood Schlatters, and biomechanical dysfunction can also cause knee pain. Treatment can include basic knee mobilization techniques, taping, massages or knee strengthening exercises completely through a careful recovery method after knee replacement or reconstruction.
Physiotherapy can help you overcome the pain and increase your strength and flexibility. A physiotherapist can suggest you a number of treatments and also help you understand your issue and get you back to your everyday routine. Physiotherapists are said to be successful in getting rid of the source of the knee pain by diagnosing a cause. This includes tightness around the knee and treating it with stretching and exercises.
Following are some of the exercises a physiotherapist might generally recommend for knee pain:
- Hamstring stretch: Stretching keeps you flexible and increases your scope of movement, or how far you can move your joints in different directions. It additionally helps you reduce your chances of injuries and pain. Continuously warm up with a five minute walk first. Lie down when you are prepared to stretch your hamstring. Circle a bed sheet around your right foot, use the sheet to pull the leg up and hold for twenty seconds and then lower the leg. Repeat twice and switch legs.
- Calf stretch: Use a chair for balance. Bend your left leg. Step back with your right leg and gradually straighten it behind you. Press your left heel toward the floor. You should feel the stretch in the calf of your back leg. Hold for 20 seconds. Repeat twice and then switch legs.
- Straight leg raise: It helps build muscle strength to give support to the weak joints. Lie on the floor. Twist your left knee, foot on the floor. Keep the right leg straight, toes pointed up. Tighten your thigh muscles and raise your right leg.
- Quad set: With these, you don't raise your leg. Just tighten the thigh muscles, also called the quadriceps, of one leg at once. Begin by lying on the floor. Keep both legs on the ground, loose. Flex and hold the left leg tense for five seconds and then relax. Do three sets of ten repetitions. Switch legs after every set.
- Cushion squeeze: This move strengthens your legs from the inside so that they can support the knees. Lie on your back, both knees facing inwards. Place a cushion or a pillow between the knees. Press your knees together, squishing the cushion between them. Hold for five seconds and then relax. Do three sets of ten repetitions. Switch legs after every set.
- Heel raise: Stand tall and hold the back of a seat for support. Lift your heels off the ground and rise on the toes of both feet. Hold for three seconds. Gradually lower both heels to the ground. Do three sets of ten repetitions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.