Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amey maniharYour feedback matters!
Hi from few days my left hand getting pain plus elbow joint also and from hip to leg pain when i am lying on bed please give me your suggestion doctor thanks.
I am 39 years male I have backpain since 9 years. When I pull up heavy thing & eat sure & driving bike I got heavy backpain. Now what can I do?
Im facing left leg heel pain for last 1 week. In morning no pain but in evening little pain. Not sooo much pain but I feel uneasy to take step. Pls help.
I am 35 years old female, I have too much pain in legs and foots from last three months I am working woman please suggest me what to do.
I am 41 years female. I have memory loss, weight gain, knee pain, depression, monthly period I get but bleeding vry vry less. Dark circles around eye. I feel like to start calcium tablet but which I do not know and even to whom I concern for my problems.
My friend was standing near a wall by it's support and suddenly the edge of wall strike his lower spine near the buttocks. He his having pain in the upper buttock region and in sitting and sleeping. How to know if he has developed a photo or he has problem in the bone near the upper buttock? And how to cure it?
Dear sir I have problem of buldging disc. Taking gabapin nt from 2 month. I feel littile bit good position but not totaly fit. How many days more I continue with this medicine. I dont want to oprate.
Hi my hand is panning I took medicine from doctor also but not effect of that medicine my hand is still planning. So what should I do.
Hello doctor I am 21 years old male. Nowdays I feel body pain and backache alot. While sitting in office suddenly my back started paining and moreover now my whole body is paining it happen 1-2 times in a week. Please suggest me and anything serious.
Sir, I am 49 years old male, having pain since four years in both thighs but increased due to lifting of a gas cylinder (5 days back, MRI (3 year old) shows some space decrease between L4-L5 & L5-S1 also somewhat decrease in Lordotic curve. Please give me your consultation.
ACL Surgery is basically Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction, which is carried out for patients suffering from damaged ligaments which can lead to stiffness, pain and decreased mobility among a host of other symptoms and ailments. This kind of surgery aims at repairing the ACL with the use of grafts taken from other parts of the patient’s body. These grafts are used to replace the damaged ligaments.
Read on to know what you can expect in the recovery phase following an ACL surgery.
- Rehabilitation exercises: The rehabilitation process starts right after the surgery when the patient is given muscle strengthening exercises right after being wheeled back into the room from the operation theatre. These exercises will be given to the patient by the doctor or the physiotherapist who will show the correct way to do them and what all to avoid while doing them. Also, a gradual walking program will be started where the patient will first be helped when it comes to walking indoors, and then taken outdoors to practice walking on more natural terrain. Other motions can also be introduced gradually to exercise.
- Crutches: The patient may be asked to use crutches for a while right after the surgery. This is usually done to ensure that the body and the knees are strong enough to support full weight carriage and bearing without putting pressure on the newly operated region. Full weight bearing usually comes about within ten days after the surgery, and until then the patient is asked to take it easy.
- Knee extension: In the first few weeks after the procedure, the patient will experience swelling or inflammation in the area as well as some amount of trepidation when it comes to using the knee extension. The patient will be asked to do ninety degree knee flexicons before graduating to full knee extension gradually. In this phase, right after the surgery, the patient will also be encouraged to gain back control of the quadriceps as well as patellar mobility.
- Swelling: In the first two to three weeks after the surgery, there will be some amount of swelling. Usually, in the first two weeks after the surgery, the focus is on controlling and preventing any undue swelling and inflammation with elevation and ice.
- Strength and confidence: Once the initial three to four weeks are over, the focus will shift towards strengthening the core muscles with running and jogging for short periods. This will also improve the patient’s confidence in the restructured knee.
Ensure that you have a detailed discussion with your caregiver and orthopaedic specialist so that you are mentally prepared for recovery and rehabilitation.