Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ambi Gawkar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ambi GawkarYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, please advise what is the best time to eat fruits? I'm having fruits in the morning time. Pls suggest some good fruit name for knee joint pain.
I'm 20 years old. A sound comes from my knees when I straighten or fold back my legs. This started before 6 months. And since three days I'm noticing that whenever I stand, I feel a pressure in my left knee. As if the upper part is pressing the lower part and then a sound comes sometimes when I further press it. Standing doesn't feel very normal in my left knee. And when on stairs (going downstairs), there's a little pain (very little not much) also in my lft knee. My right knee also doesn't feel much okay. Please help, what can I do to make it normal again. Are there any exercises which I should do or something which I should include in my diet? Do I really need to see a doctor? What should I do?
I have a severe left pain in my shoulder from last five days and this is in controlled totally and I am so confused now what to done.
I am suffering from knee pain, ankle pain and low hip joint pain sine six months, I have got checked my uric acid content and it is found to be 7.0 at six months before. Now the uric acid content is 4.7 and RA factor is -ve. Still I am having the same kind of pain. Please revert with your suggestions.
Pain at bottom of feet in carve since a month. doctor, suggest hot and cold water dip. No much relief. Today I felt fever with backache.
I want to is there any greece (fluid) present in the knees . Or it will be damaged or decrease due to bad habits.
Cosmetic surgery is not restricted to the top half of your body. Today along with facelifts and breast implants, butt implants are also gaining popularity. This procedure is also known as gluteal augmentation. Butt implants are usually made of silicone. These soft, solid structures are implants under the gluteus maximus muscles and above the pelvic bone through an incision. The incision is typically made in the butt crease so that it is less noticeable. Here are a few others things you should know about butt implants:
- It is performed under anaesthesia: Butt implant surgery may be performed under local or general anaesthesia and usually takes anywhere between 2 to 7 hours. However, this procedure is usually an outpatient procedure and no hospitalisation is required.
- It takes time to recover: After the procedure, you will probably notice swelling and tenderness in the area. In most cases, the patient is advised to wear a compression garment for a few days after the surgery. This should resolve itself in about 4-6 weeks but complete recovery can take up to 8 months. This is because the tailbone muscles are cut during the procedure.
- The effects are permanent: Silicone implants can last a lifetime and hence the results of this surgery are permanent. With time the body’s natural tissues merge with the implant. However, in some cases, the implant may slip with time causing an asymmetrical appearance. This can be corrected through a follow-up surgery.
- Anyone can get a butt implant: Butt implants are typically used for people with a flat posterior, but you don’t necessarily need to have a skinny frame to undergo this procedure. Also, there are no size or weight limitations to getting the procedure.
- It is customisable: Butt implants can be customised to suit the person’s size and frame. A surgeon will typically take into account the shape of the patient’s pelvic bone and natural butt contours to create a butt implant that enhances the patient’s frame and does not look unnatural.
- There are risks: Complications are rare but possible with this surgery. Making an incision under the butt crease reduces its visibility but increases the risk of infections. There is also a risk of allergic reactions to anaesthesia. Other possible side effects include pain, discomfort, nerve damage and reduced sensitivity.
- They do not feel completely natural: Silicone butt implants may feel harder than normal tissue and at some angles may not look very natural remove these and post more of positive aspects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.