Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ambi GawkarYour feedback matters!
My ankle was twisted. And ligament are teared now , and there here hair line crack in my fibula bone. My ankle is get swollen after I put my ankle on floor. Doctor has given me the advice to take a rest up to 3. Week .How much time it will take to recover from this? And any solution to reduce ankle swelling. On plaster?
Hello doc,i am 26 years old. My right foot was hit by a leather ball while playing cricket 6 days ago just above the arch below the ankle. It was swollen a little bit that time with dark red color spot. I sprayed with volini and put a crepe band over it, I was not able to walk at all for 2 days. But swelling vanished in two days. Still I am limping to walk. Pain is still there! Havnt got it checked from a doctor! What should I do? There is no swelling, no marks but still have internal pain.
I have a shoulder amd leg pain now and then. I also sometime have head pain. What can I do to recover from this pains.
I am a 38-year-old female having right knee pain for more than 4 years, about two years having right hip hip and thigh pain, advise me.
I am 2years old, and I have always a problem with my back pain due to which I can not do my work properly.
Hi I am jaswinder kumar. I am from jalandhar which is in india. I have backpain from last 8 month. Please tell me what should I do?
I have an back problem I am very fatty and my wait is 90 kg I want to loose weight it and losses my tummy give me answer frm my back pain.
I am 63 years male suffering from knee joint pains. When I climb up or getdown the steps, I am finding it difficult. I have to necessariily catch the side rests and get down one leg after another. I am a diabetes under control for the last 5 years. I am using the tablets prescribed for the same as a precuation. Please suggest me the treatment/medicines for reduction of the knee joint pains. No other complications for me
My mother often has pain in her joints (mostly in knees). Is there any remedy for it to minimize the pain. Help me out in it?
Gout: a brief idea: In the simplest of words gout can be defined as the inflammation of joints due to continuous accretion of urate crystals. An excess of uric acid can make a person suffer from gout. There could be a higher percentage of uric acid in a person's blood due to two chief reasons; an inept excretory system that fails to rid your body of surplus acid and also greater production of the acid. Arthritis is of three kinds; gout is one of those three. Homeopathy is known for its efficacy in treating gout.
Homeopathic remedies for gout:
- Urtica urens can cure gout: This homeopathic medicine is prescribed by a professional practitioner if the person is susceptible to cold. Urtica urens can work on a patient if he or she is allergic to snow, air, touch and water. Hive like eruptions on your ankles, wrists, and shoulders can be treated through regular consumption of this medication.
- Ledum can relieve you of pain: A painful, swollen area that develops on the small joints such as the joints of your toe fingers can be cured with the use of Ledum. The sensation of shooting pain in your limbs or feet can also be dealt with Ledum. Apart from that swollen small joints can be given momentary respite by falling back upon the cold compression therapy. Patients are advised to take this medicine if they exhibit intolerance to external warmth.
- Lycopodium is effective on sore joints: Chalky deposits of urate can be found in a person's knees. This results in chronic gout. Chronic gout has symptoms like limited urination. The urine may or may not have red sediments. People have also been reported with symptoms like extreme backache. Lycopodium successfully cures cases of unceasing gout.
- Try out benzoic acid for a big toe: If your gout is accompanied by stinking yellow urine you probably need Benzoic acid. Gout could be so severe that it might result in a stiff limb. In certain cases it makes a person limp. The thumb of your feet might get swollen making you have a big toe. A big toe usually kills you with tearing pain.
- Arnica deals with bruises: Arnica is your go to solution in case of a throbbing, stinging pain in any part of the body. This medication is a cherished answer to aches in every household. When gout is tender and it hinders free movement, this medicine comes to your aid. The medicine also heals bruised eruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
He usually has body pain. His back hurts if he sits or stands for long. Even after taking massage it dosent get well. And he is usually tired. Even if he dosent do anything.
I am 60 years old. Male. I have pain probably in the nerve on the side of my left toe. There no swelling or injury. The movement of toe is also free and without pain. It pains only when something touches the side of toe. Please advise. Thanks.
What Is Spondylolisthesis?
Spondylolisthesis is a spinal condition that affects the lower vertebrae (spinal bones). This disease causes one of the lower vertebras to slip forward onto the bone directly beneath it. This is a painful condition, but it is treatable in most cases. Both therapeutic and surgical methods may be used. Proper exercise techniques can help you avoid this condition.
Symptoms of Spondylolisthesis
The symptoms of spondylolisthesis vary. People with mild cases may not have any symptoms. However, people with severe cases may be unable to perform daily activities. Some of the most common symptoms are:
- persistent lower back pain
- stiffness in your back and legs
- lower back tenderness
- thigh pain
- tight hamstring and buttock muscles
The treatment for spondylolisthesis depends on your severity of pain and vertebra slippage. Nonsurgical treatments can help ease pain and encourage the bone to go back into place. It's important to avoid contact sports during the healing process.
Common nonsurgical treatment methods include:
- wearing a back brace
- doing physical therapy exercises
- taking over-the-counter or prescription anti-inflammatory drugs (such as ibuprofen) to reduce pain
- using epidural steroid injections