Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ambardekar Shekhar ShriramYour feedback matters!
My mother age is 74 year. She feel shortness of breath when she walk a few distance. Pls suggest what to do.
Hello, I am high BP problem since last 2 years and I am taking BETACARD 25 mg tablet for it. Now I want to stop this tablet as it may have side effects also. Is there any medicines in ayurveda or homeopathy which will not have any side effect and cure BP problem. Now since last 1 years I am feeling better and did not experience any BP problem but still taking tab. Please suggest.
Hi. My sister suffers from a very strange problem. Her heart beat increases, jaws tighten up, she gets flashes of cold throbbing pain on right side of head and current spark on head and forhead and so many other small small things at one go like an attack. Please suggest. Thanks.
A heart attack does not always have obvious symptoms, such as pain in your chest, shortness of breath and cold sweats. In fact, a heart attack can actually happen without a person knowing it. This condition is known as a ‘silent heart attack’, medically known as ‘silent ischemia’, occurring due to the shortage of oxygen supply to the heart muscle.
The causes of a silent heart attack are similar to that of a heart attack. They include-
Lack of exercise
Disorders such as diabetes
Age, usually above 65
Consumption of tobacco or smoking
A silent cardiac arrest makes one more vulnerable to another heart attack that could be fatal.
The only method to diagnose if you had a silent heart attack is through imaging tests, such as echocardiogram, electrocardiogram or others. These tests can show certain changes which might be indicative of a heart attack.
An analysis of one’s overall health and the symptoms can aid in deciding whether few more tests are required.
How would you prevent a silent heart attack?
Get your cholesterol and blood pressure count tested regularly.
Refrain from smoking.
- Be aware of your body and call on a doctor if you feel there’s anything which is bothering you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have been having wheezing problems from childhood. Presently I am taking seroflo rotohaler and montair fx but it's only temporary relief. Any other medicine that could help me completely eradicate the problem sir? Also I am having bp for which I am taking amloz 5 and dapsone for cicatricial pemphigoid problem. The dapsone tabs am taking for more than two years, whether I should continue further or can I stop this tab as the skin problems have considerably reduced. Sorry I am asking too many questions. Regards/Subramanian.
I am 53 years male . I was affected by left hemiplegia (stroke ) one year before . Now I am getting recovered . Whether the stroke will affect again ? What is the possibility and what are the symptoms?
Heart attack or myocardial infarction mostly occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked due to one or more reasons. The most prominent reason could be high fat or cholesterol that results in plaque build up in the coronary artery. The restricted blood flow has the potential to damage or even destroy the heart muscle. Some of the symptoms that can be helpful when it comes to the identification of a heart attack are listed below.
1. Discomfort in the Chest - Your chest may feel tight and pressured when you are about to be hit by a heart attack. Pain or discomfort in the chest is usually central typically felt behind the sternum, the central bone of chest. It may not be pain, it may be only discomfort, it may only be in upper part of tummy, very commonly confused with a gas problem. It is often accompanied by a painful sensation in the chest or arms. If a chest pain lasts more than 15-20 min it can be assumed to be a heart attack. This aching sensation may even spread to your back, neck or jaw.
2. Feeling of inconvenience - Often before the heart attack, the person may have feelings of nausea, ingestion, abdominal pain or a heartburn.
3. Breathing problems - Another prominent symptom of heart attack is shortness of breath which is accompanied by cold sweat and fatigue.
If you think you are getting a heart attack, you should immediately take one tablet of Aspirin (preferably chew aspirin if possible), 4 tablets of a drug called Clopidogrel, and one tablet of Atorvastatin 80 mg and rush to the nearest possible medical facility as time is very important in the treatment of an acute heart attack. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Dear sir, I am suffering from anxiety since 6 months, I am using beta locker tablet and depression tablet, now am looking ok, but I am getting some times chest pain. Would you suggest me how I long have to use these tablets. Does anxiety will stay for long. I am worried about that.
I have B.P and sugar for which I have been taking medicine. Is taking "Manjap DS 0.25" one day is harmful? I am feeling vacuum in heart due to anxiety and stress. All reports of heart blood test are ok. Now after taking this tablet I am is feeling pain in lower back of head.
I have some acidity in my heart side it feels like something is burning inside whenever I eat spicy foods. Please advise.
Dear sir, I have got hypertension 138/97 average, I am having dizziness and eyes blurriness rarely not daily. Dizziness will be there almost daily. Do I need to take treatment or I can reduce it by exercise and by walking and yoga. Please suggest valuable respond to my question. Thanks and regards chandrashekar.
I am a patient of hypertension and diabetes 2. I am also taking meds for my anxiety disorder since 2005. Hence I am worried about my kidney n liver. How can I take care of them.
Sir my wife is suffering in renal failure, her latest blood report creatinine label 2.5,and urea label 41, blood pressure is now in normal condition, yesterday I consulted a nephrologist he prescribed ferrous ascourbate&foic acid tabs, alphaketo analogous tabs, moxidine tabs0. 3 mg tabs, now her hemoglobin level in blood is 10.4,now she is stable ,I have seen normal swelling of face only, not have any pain in any body part also, so pls give me any suggestions for lowering creative label &revive this renal failure.
The heart muscle is the central pumping machine that ensures that blood flow throughout the body is maintained and all other organs have a regular supply. One of the conditions that can cause this organ to malfunction is cardiomyopathy, wherein the heart is unable to pump the blood to all parts of the body. This condition can even lead to heart failure and is something that needs to be addressed and diagnosed quickly.
Symptoms of Cardiomyopathy
Early stages of cardiomyopathy may be difficult to detect externally, although it may be slowly reducing your heart’s capacity. Symptoms that start showing in later stages may include:
- Constant fatigue, even without physical activity
- Fluid may build up and thus cause bloating within the body
- Persistent coughing while lying down
- You may have irregular heartbeats that may sometimes be quite rapid
- Due to the lack of blood supply, you may feel lightheaded, dizzy and might even cause you to faint
- Even the slightest of exertions will cause breathlessness and exhaustion and you may even feel this symptom while at rest
- Intermittent chest pain
Causes of Cardiomyopathy
Causes of this condition may vary from patient to patient, although certain common factors include:
- Genetic reasons where one or both parents are susceptible to this condition
- Metabolic problems such as obesity, diabetes or thyroid problems
- Substance abuse such as anabolic steroids, amphetamines cocaine or even the consumption of excessive alcohol
- High blood pressure for prolonged periods
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Side effects of drug treatments such as the use of certain chemicals in chemotherapy
Types of Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy has multiple types; depending on what causes them and also certain specific symptoms. These are:
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Unclassified cardiomyopathies
Treatment for cardiomyopathy
The treatment of these various forms of cardiomyopathy will vary depending on the type and also the stage and condition of the heart. Some of these treatments include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Surgeries such as Septal myectomy, Septal ablation and Radiofrequency ablation
- Implantable devices such as Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator or ICD
- Ventricular assist devices
- Heart transplant in the worst case scenarios. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.