Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amarnath UpadhyeYour feedback matters!
My wife is 48 yrs old. She has dry throat and mouth problem since 2 months. Acidity problem also. Please help us.
I am 23 years old. I am suffering from chronic and recurrent throat infection and cold. Doctors diagnosed GERD and I am taking Cap. Pantin L Lorfast AM but not experienced good recovery. What should I do.
I am have anal burning after stool passing .Through practosocpy Dr. detected anal fissures. Please tell fissures are curable or not ? Please suggest me a diet I am also having gastritis problem also.
My liver is enlarged. Its 16.8 cm. Does enlarged liver is also fatty liver. What to do to bring it in normal condition. please help I am 28 years old male. I did ultrasound of whole abdomen.
Meri mom ko always gas k prblm hoti h aur uske vajah se chest me bhi bht pain hota h please koi solution btaye.
One of the most common health problems people have is indigestion. As per ayurveda, the accumulation of Ama or toxins leads to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. And this is the rootcause for indigestion.
The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. Ayurveda relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the rootcause of ailments. Indigestion usually occurs because of bad daily habits & less physical activity.
There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top tips for the same:
- Timely intake of meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
- Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cure stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
- Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and yoga especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
- Aloe vera: An ounce of aloe vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
- Turmeric: Haldi or turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in ayurveda. This spice is a staple in indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked turmeric.
- Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
- Avoiding unhealthy food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
- Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.