Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Amar ShindeYour feedback matters!
After two days unprotected sex girl got her period. That looked like normal one. Can she still become pregnant?
Mere shaadi ko 2 years ho gye hai par mera baby nhi hai hai. Abhi mein doctor ke advice pe folic acid tablets le rhe hu. Kya yeh mere pregnancy mein help karega.
I am 34. Having or suffering from small Rasouli in hand. What is the best way to get it of? Apart from operation.
Hello doctor I am 18 weeks pregnant is it right to get close (sexual contact) with my husband at this stage of pregnancy?
My wife age is 21 years and she is going to 5 months of her pregnancy. We got marriage in 30 May 2015.she told that there is some swelling on her left breast and one lumps is there, and some redness there. When she touch it, she feel little pain. Is there any problem. Please suggest doctor.
My Wife's is 21 Years old. On 01.01. 2016, She Birth a Baby Boy, that is 7.5 Pounds. Because Of High BP (170) at the time of Delivery, her Gynecologist Decided to Sizerian and He do that. At the time of Delivery, her weight was 78 kg. And after delivery, now she is 70 kg. My Question is Because of Sizerian, My wife can Face any problem in Future. Can we Enjoy our Sexually and Daily routine life Happily in Future. Or Can I take any precaution at the time of Intercourse. After Delivery How much time I will take for Sex.
Sex, which gives pleasure to most, can be painful for some. Many women, mostly in their menopausal or post-menopausal phase find intercourse and penetration extremely painful. Menopause results in hormonal imbalance, with a significant drop in the estrogen level. The reduced estrogen level results in Vulvovaginal Atrophy (dryness of the vagina and thinning and weakening of the vaginal tissues). In such cases, women experience irritation, Vaginismus (vaginal tightness) and soreness after sex.
One can also experience a burning sensation during urination. There may be inflammation of the vaginal tissues. If untreated, the inflammation can cause infection and other complications. "Dyspareunia" or pain during intercourse is very common in postmenopausal women. The pain experienced during sex can be due to "Vulvodynia" as well. Vulvodynia is a condition whereby a women experiences chronic pain in the external genitals or vulva. A number of other factors can also contribute to the pain during sex. A thorough and detailed investigation is thus very important.
Treatment: Many women find it extremely embarrassing to discuss menopausal problems with their partners and doctors. The key to effective treatment lies in timely diagnosis and medication. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. The postmenopausal changes can vary from person to person. Thus it is very important to discuss every minute detail with your physician.
Many options are available to make intercourse a less painful experience:
- Keep dryness at bay: In most cases, painful intercourse results from dryness of the vagina. Use of a lubricant can ease the pain to a great extend. A water-based lubricant is highly recommendable. Regular use of vaginal moisturizers is also effective to deal with vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal care and hygiene: It is very important to keep the vagina clean. Avoid using soaps, bath oils and shower gels. They do more harm than good to the vagina. It is advisable to wash the vagina with warm to lukewarm water. Undergarments should be changed twice daily.
- More is good: Having sex at regular intervals is a healthy practice. It not only enhances and improves the blood flow, but also helps to overcome vaginal dryness.
- The Pelvic Floor Therapy: It is immensely beneficial. In this therapy, a gentle pressure is exerted in the pelvic region to relax the stiffened and tightened muscles. One can also massage the area to relax the muscles.
- Squat: It is a very effective exercise to strengthen the buttocks and hip muscles. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles are also very helpful.
- Other therapies: One can also opt for Local Estrogen therapy and Systematic Estrogen Therapy.
Menopause should not affect your conjugal and sexual life. Visit here to know more and forget painful intercourse forever.
Related Tip: "Pain During Intercourse? Here Are The Causes"