Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amar Indravadan GandhiYour feedback matters!
I have a doubt if ine undergo operation for not having a baby is there any chance to conceive again if they wish they want a baby again.
Laparoscopy, also known as keyhole surgery, is a type of surgery, which involves the usage of small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body. Though different people experience the surgery differently due to difference in health conditions, there are some points everyone should know about a laparoscopic surgery.
1. The problems that laparoscopy addresses
Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
2. The duration of your stay in hospital
Usually performed on an outpatient basis (release on the same day as the surgery), a laparoscopic surgery may require you to stay overnight at the hospital if your condition requires a complex or lengthy surgery. Moreover, if the doctor feels that a bowel resection or partial bowel resection needs to be performed, you may have to stay at the hospital for a few days.
3. The preparation required pre-surgery
If you are going to have a laparoscopic surgery soon, ensure that you inform your doctor if you are taking any blood-thinners like aspirin or if you are allergic to any medications like anaesthesia. Moreover, let the doctor know if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. After giving all this information to the doctor, strictly follow all the instructions he/she gives you. Also, make sure that someone is available to drop you home after the surgery as you might be too weak or in too much pain to go back home by yourself.
4. Pain management post surgery
Laparoscopy is generally followed by a sore feeling around the cuts as well as shoulder pain. If the pain is unbearable you can ask for medication from your doctor or consider common analgesics. Recovery time for a laparoscopic surgery is only a few days, and to get through this period easily seek the help of a friend or family member to manage your medications and lift your spirits.
5. Restrictions you need to follow during the first couple of weeks
For the first couple of weeks after the surgery, your doctor might ask you to abstain from driving, tub bathing, swimming and having sexual intercourse. Make sure that you follow these rules and get adequate amount of sleep to ensure speedy recovery.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
The ability to do work is defined as Energy. It is categorized into different types. Light energy is considered as one of the most important forms of energy. As a matter of fact, life on earth evolved because of Sunlight (The light radiations reaching the surface of the earth are adequate to sustain life; which makes other planets devoid of life). Without sunlight, we cannot perform our routine activities. The use of light in the field of Dermatology has been an old concept, but earlier it was being used in limited indications. After a thorough research, it has been highlighted that Light energy, if used adequately can give unmatchable results in the field of Dermatology.
Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASER) is one of the newer concepts in the field of Dermatology. Earlier it was termed as MASER (Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Amplification of Energy). Although the first Medical laser was discovered in 1961, it was approved for the use 2 decades later. Albert Einstein and many great scientists have contributed immensely for its inception. In the beginning, lasers were used exclusively in the industries. Advancement and curiosity in the scientific field led to its current scenario.
Laser in Industries and Medical field differ in their ionising properties. Industrial lasers are ionizing while the medical lasers are non ionizing. This makes them very safe to use (in human beings) and easy to handle (depending upon the expertise of the personnel). Another advantage associated with Lasers is their mode of action. They only act on the target tissue without affecting the surroundings. (Oral medicines affect the whole body. Topical medicines are unable to penetrate in most of the cases). An added advantage is the ‘Down Time’. With most of the lasers, there is no down time. Once the procedure is done, one can resume routine work. These are widely accepted in major cities as they are called as lunch time procedures (as the procedures do not require more than an hour; in most of the cases).
Unwanted hairs, Birth marks, Tattoos, Scars, keloids, Facial rejuvenation, Hair growth on scalp, Face lifts, Skin pigmentation, Skin conditions (Eczema, Psoriasis) and many more can be easily treated with Lasers.
Let us enter a new world of Dermatology where treatment options are designed to improve your general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Do you have a permanent tattoo which you want to remove because of certain circumstances? according to studies, almost 50% of people with tattoos want to have their tattoos removed via the laser tattoo removal technique.
This tattoo removal technique eliminates your tattoo without having much side effects. In the procedure, lasers are used to remove your tattoo by breaking up the pigment colours of the tattoo, using a high-intensity beam of light. Black tattoo pigment absorbs all the laser wavelengths and is easiest to remove, while other colours can be removed by using certain selected lasers.
Laser tattoo removal procedure-
The number of treatments or sessions you require depends on the colour and size of your tattoo. It may take about two to four sessions in the case of normal tattoos, while for those having large tattoos; it may take more than 10 sessions to get the tattoo removed. A consultation session with a trained professional is required to help you in evaluating your situation and whether you should go ahead with the procedure.
The laser treatment varies from person to person and depends on factors such as age, size and type of the tattoo. The patient’s skin colour and depth to which the tattoo pigment extends also affects the removal process.
Here are the steps involved in a laser tattoo removal process:
- Protected eye shields are placed on you.
- Your skin’s reaction to the laser is tested for determining the amount of energy to be used.
- A handpiece is placed again on your skin surface, which activates the laser light. This process is extremely painful to undergo.
- Small tattoos require less pulses while large tattoos require much more. After every session, your tattoo tends to get lighter, progressively.
- Right after a treatment session, an ice pack is applied to your skin to soothe the areas treated. You will have to apply a topical antibiotic ointment and a bandage is used to protect the treated skin region. You must cover the area using a sunblock whenever you go out in between the treatment sessions.
- In some cases, local anesthesia is used during the treatment procedure.
Because of modern-day technology, laser tattoo removal is now a common thing undertaken by many who want to get rid of their unwanted tattoos. The procedure is safer than the traditional tattoo removal methods like excision, salabrasion and dermabrasion.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I m.25 years old unmarried female. I have severe vaginal itching with a little white discharge since last 6/7 days. Due to this I have pain and swelling. Please give me proper suggestion and treatment.
My wife aged 30 years is taking Unwanted 21 contraceptive tablets regularly as per its course before having sex. So while having sex we are not using any other contraceptive methods like condoms etc.
Why is it that every time I had sex my vagina releases milky white substance and it also makes my panties smell foul? It is also sometimes itchy. No sperm came in except for the time that he was not sure because he did not feel it. But I saw him get it and he ejaculated outside, only one burst of it. Am I pregnant?
Dr. Mujhe sex krte time vagina me bahut jalan hoti hai. Jalan jyada hone k karn sex b poora nhi kr paati. Aisa kyu ho rha hai.
The technique of IVF is bringing miracles to lives of infertile couples where it would not have been possible naturally but it has its own limitations as it is science, not magic.
I am 23 years old. I am 9 month pregnant. Mere pet bhut tight h. Mje abhi tak b delivery pain start nhi hue h. Waki sb thk h. Bas ye janna h ki baby kb tak born hoga. Kase hoga delivery pain?
Hello my periods date was 12 sep but its late by till now. Is it cause any problem. I am married and take regular precautions. Pls advice me. Thanks.
sir/mam i am girl who had a sex with my boyfriend on 8 feb 2014 that time there is a some bleeding is shown ..but after 4 or 5 hr its normal ...but after that when i am going for the pissing some blood comes out in my urine and on date 11 feb my periods starts but last month my period was started on 16 jan ......so please guide me there is some problem or not ? Please reply me as soon as possible.
I am 22 year old girl. If I suck my boyfriends penis, is there any chance to get pregnant? Please advice.
Dinner is one meal that is the most treasured of all meals, especially because it is served after a hard day’s work and sweat. Hence, this particular meal of the day should not only be filling, but also nutritious. However, dinner can often turn out to be the unhealthiest of the three major meals in a day; given the fact that people are usually tired by the time they get served and thus, don’t pay much heed to what they are eating.
In some cases, it might happen because of being unaware of certain healthier alternatives and in others, simply because of their preference. Eating unhealthy, especially during dinner, is not a very good idea. If the food is laden with sugar and fats, it can add inches to your waistline. This is more prevalent during dinner as the metabolic rate slows down at night. Your best bet is to go for food items that are light and free from sugar.
Here are some foods that you can consider:
- Grilled chicken: Grilled chicken with a drizzle of olive oil is a dish that would enjoy a handsome rating on any foodie’s dinner list. It is light, contains proteins that will keep your muscles well fed and has little carbohydrates. You can add some chopped cucumbers and tomatoes to up the taste quotient.
- Plain chicken soup: This is an easy to prepare dish that is commonly consumed in the winter months for its therapeutic effects in fighting common cold. Like the previous dish, it is rich in protein and healthy fats. You can add some stock vegetables for a wholesome meal.
- Stir fried vegetables: This is another easy to prepare dish. Stir fried vegetables are one of the healthiest dishes you will ever come across. Simply cut some vegetables and toss them around in an oak for a few minutes, add some seasoning, such as mint leaves and sesame seeds. It is rich in Vitamins and antioxidants; also the fiber content of this dish helps you feel fuller faster.
- Poha: The quintessential Indian dish, poha or beaten rice pilaf is loaded with benefits. Poha is a complex carbohydrate, which means, the energy released from it will be slow and sustained. It is known for its high iron content and low calories. You can add vegetables and soya nuggets for taste.
You can also try paneer tikka with vegetable soup, grilled soya champ, grilled vegetable sandwich made from whole wheat bread, a katori of dal with 1 chapati.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The permanency of tattoos or being inked has reduced somewhat after the widespread use of laser tattoo removal. It has become a common trend among people to take off the ink which once was put in to be a permanent part of their existence. Although the success rate of the tattoo removal is quite high, there are certain inherent risks of undergoing a laser tattoo removal procedure.
Let's take a look at some of the risks:
- Risk of infection: The process of tattoo removal may pose a risk of infection like any other procedure performed on the human body. However, infections occur in rare cases and only if proper method is not followed or the patient doesn't adhere to post-procedural prohibitions.
- Chances of a scar: Although the colors within the tattoo may be removed, the outline of the tattoo may stay depending on how deep the punctures on the skin were, where the tattoo was put into place. This may also happen due to the type of paint used as it may also result in a permanent pigment removal in the localized area of the tattoo on the skin.
- Hypopigmentation and Hyperpigmentation: After the removal of the tattoo, the skin and the body may react in a certain manner within certain individuals and thus result in problems with skin pigmentation. In certain cases, the color of the skin in the affected area may become paler than the rest of the surrounding skin which is known as hypopigmentation. In others, it may even become darker which is known as hyperpigmentation.
- Side effects: If the patient already has certain pre-existing conditions then the procedure may have certain side effects. One example of this is a delay in the healing process in case the patient has diabetes.
However, laser tattoo removal has been improving over the past few years as a procedure and has come to a point where it is very safe. What might vary from patient to patient is the effectiveness of the removal of the colors within the tattoo, depending on the types of colors that were used. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hi, When a pregnant lady can take Saffron with milk to whiten the babies complexion. And how long we can take the saffron. Please can you tell us that a pregnant lady can eat peanuts? Regards, Ajay.
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors: