Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amar AnvekarYour feedback matters!
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
Dear sir, My daughter have 7 month old, have cough and cold, There for I consult a physician and taking treatment. But still my daughter is irritable. The whole body having normal temperature, but only head is hot always. What is this? Is this a sign of grow of teeth?
My Son Is 19 Months Old. His Weight Is 9kgs And Look Like Weak. He Is Not Getting His Personality. But He Is Very Active. He will not Eat Healthy Food, Juices, Soups.
Hi, my son is 3 months old. I can see a small gap in his naval towards inside. It also has small minute white particles. Is it worth a concern, I am very worried. I also have pics for the same. please revert at the earliest.
Hello doctors, I have a daughter of 19 months and she faces problem with motion every day. Weeps a lot because it would be very tight and comes in bulky as if for adults. Once passes will be very happy, but struggles a lot for an hour and weeps a lot. Many doctors said drinking fluids will do, mean while use dupholac. We do it, but once we use 10ml of syrup the next motion would be fine. If we stop again same routine. But we cannot use medicine everyday right? Which may not be good to use months together. Another issue is she passes urine for almost 30-40 times a day. Content will also be more and passes like this only from day of birth till date. We did urine culture that's fine, stool test that's fine, scanning even this is fine.
My baby is born with brachial plexus birth injury. Now she is 6 months old, we have consulted few orthopedics n neurologists all they have said is go for surgery. Is that problem wont recover with physioteraphy? if we go for surgery also will there be any side effects for baby in future? kindly advise.
My children 11yr boy and 6yr girl take 1 glass milk daily after wake up. Without brushing. Is it ok.
My daughter who is 11 years old has got habit of over eating, how to deal with her behaviour, due to this she is over weight and poor in academics.
My son is 4 years old, he have adenoids for the past one year. I'm giving medicines (cold and sometime antibiotics also). Is that safe to give medicines for these many days?
My baby is under weight. He is 3.5 month but looks like 2 month. He is very thin. His weight is 3.8 kg.his birth weight is 3 kg. He is breastfeeding baby. What is take him for health growth & how much?
She is 12 years old her weight is 45 kg her height is 4.2 feet but she is not as much as strong and have not stamina. please suggest.?
My baby is of four months ten days he is toothing and by this he is suffering from loose motions fever and cry a lot he also become week wat shud I do fr this is this common?
My baby is 3 years old n she suck her thumb, when she feel sleep or any free time n after sleep so, what can we do now for this habit.
Hello doctor, my baby boy is now 4weeks 4 days old born with an c section delivery. He has jaundice still. He was given phototherepy for 24 hours at his 5th day along vid himalaya liv52 5drops 2times for 7 days after dat he was given udi-liv 150 tablet 1/8 2times for another 7 days. Still he has jaundice now after asking a doctor he advice me to expose him to sunlight and give him liv52 drops and udi liv-150 tablet together more 15days what should I do please help me out m so worried is dis a working idea for nmy baby.
Ma child is a downsydrome baby of 1 years 5mnth. He started walk frm 1 yr 3mnth. He talks in his language something n all. He plays nicely. He comes to us when we call. Can I know that my child is like a normal child? Can he study in a normal school? Can he be like other children?
This child diagnosed as psychiatric disease breath holding spell. Quite common nowadays. This child voluntarily hold his breath for few minutes :-) to make worry his parents to fulfill his wish..Beware of Emotinal Atyachar ;-)