Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Altamash Shaikh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Altamash ShaikhYour feedback matters!
My father's uric acid level has increased and he is feeling pain at the bones and muscles basically in legs.
I am 62 years old. And have diabetic since last 6 month, last month I check it was 120 in fasting & pp was 190 it is initial now. I should I do, please advice. Thanks.
Hi, I have hypothyroid from last 3 years, now TSH is 4 which is normal. But 50mg thyroxine tablet is continue. How can I completely recover from this tab.
In many cases, habitual overeating causes high triglycerides. Occasionally, the trigger is an underlying condition such as:
Excessive alcohol consumption
Adverse side effect of particular medications
Poorly managed diabetes
Hypothyroidism (insufficient production of thyroid hormones)
Some types of liver disease
Some types of kidney disease
Some genetic disorders,(triglyceride and LDL are both elevated).
1. Her Fertility Booster: Weight Control
2. His Fertility Booster: Increase your Sperm.
3. Her Fertility Booster: Watch the Beverages
Drinking too much coffee or too much alcohol can impair a woman's fertility.
Studies on alcohol intake and women's fertility have produced mixed findings.
Want to cut out alcohol completely once you are pregnant.
4. Couple's Fertility Booster: Stop Smoking
Smoking cigarettes can impair both a woman's and a man's fertility.
5. Couple's Fertility Booster: The Fertile Window
it advises keeping close track of ovulation -- either by the calendar method, Do Regular Sexual Act During Mid Days of cycle. sex every other day produced nearly as good a pregnancy rate.
6. Couples Fertility Booster: Choose Lubricants Wisely
With more frequent intercourse, couples may turn more to vaginal lubricants. Some lubricants can actually decrease fertility. When you're trying to get pregnant, be sure to avoid products that have spermicidal agents.
7. Couple's Fertility Booster: Avoid Pesticides and Other Harmful Exposures
Exposures to pesticide. And exposure to some solvents and toxins -- including those used in printing businesses and dry cleaning establishments -- can adversely affect women's fertility.
How can we control gout problem by diet management? What in our diet increases uric acid level also what to consume more?
Most couples look forward towards completing their family with a child. However, getting pregnant isn’t easy for everyone. The inability to conceive a child despite having unprotected sexual intercourse for a year is termed as infertility. Infertility can be caused due to issues related to both man and woman's health.
Reasons behind infertility in women
- Ovulation disorders: Many women suffer from hormonal disorders such as PCOD which prevents the formation of egg by the ovaries as per the monthly cycle. If the ovaries do not release eggs at the right time, sperm cells will have nothing to fertilize. Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism are two other common hormonal disorders that can affect ovulation. In addition to this, your ovulation cycle can get adversely affected by eating disorders, exercising too much or an injury.
- Fallopian tube damage or blockage: The ovaries are connected to the uterus through fallopian tubes. Once an egg is released by the ovaries it must pass through these tubes to reach the uterus where it can be fertilized. In some cases, a woman may have a damaged fallopian tube as a result of pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis or any other problem. In such cases, the inflammation and scarring can restrict the egg’s movement and keep it from being fertilized.
- Poor egg quality: It is important that the health of the egg must also be considered as a poor quality egg can cause complications at a later stage during the pregnancy. There are a number of factors that can affect the quality of an egg being released. Some of the most important factors are age of the woman, stress level and overall physical health.
Some of the most common causes of infertility in men are:
- Poor sperm quality: To penetrate the egg and fertilize it sperm cells must be the right shape and be agile. Thus sperm health includes the shape of sperm cells, sperm motility and tail whip. The quantity of sperm cells produced also plays a large role in determining a couple’s fertility. Low sperm count and poor quality sperm could be the result of prolonged exposure to electromagnetic frequencies, smoking, poor diet and alcohol consumption.
- Blocked Vas Deferens: The Vas Deferens is the tube through which sperm travel from the testicles to the penis. A blockage in this tube will restrict the amount of sperm being ejaculated and can cause infertility. This blockage may be caused by scarring as a result of an STD or varicocele.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There are many myths about diabetes, especially related to what you can eat and what you can’t. Lots of people think that diabetics shouldn’t eat sweets at all. This is not true. Similarly, all carbs and fats are not bad. A high protein diet is also not required and there are no special diabetic meals. So, what should you as a diabetic, eat to combat diabetes? Read on to find out:
- Low glycemic index foods: Complex carbs are best for you as they limit the amount of sugar released into your blood stream and are digested more slowly and prevent your body from releasing too much insulin. These are also called low GI foods as well as slow-release carbs and are also high in fibre. Processed carbs like white bread, pasta, and rice, as well as sodas, packaged meals, and snacks must be junked. These are all called high glycemic index (GI) foods and spike your blood sugar.
- Manage sugar wisely: Diabetes doesn’t mean that you can’t eat sugar or desserts. It means you have to be smart with sugar, like
- Take smaller servings of your favourite desserts as they are best eaten in moderation.
- Reduce the sugar in your diet slowly rather than at once. This will give your taste buds some time to adjust, reducing sugar cravings.
- If you want to eat dessert, hold back on carbs in a meal. Balance out meals so that you don’t eat too many carb-heavy foods.
- Add some healthy fat to your diet, as it slows down the digestive process, which means that your blood sugar levels don’t spike as quickly.
- Eat sweets along with a meal and not alone: Sweets eaten alone can spike your blood sugar levels a lot.
- Don’t drink alcohol: Alcohol is full of calories and carbs and cocktails are loaded with sugar. Alcohol can interfere with diabetes medication and insulin, as well.
- Avoid junk, soft drinks, soda and juices: They are all packed with sugar.
- Avoid processed or packaged foods: These are loaded with hidden sugars. Eat food cooked at home.
- Remember high protein diets are not always good: Studies have shown that if you eat too much protein, especially animal protein, you may become insulin resistant. A healthy diet for diabetics includes protein, carbohydrates, and fats for the body to function properly.
- Eat more of these
- Healthy fats found in raw nuts, olive oil, fish oils, and flax seeds.
- Also eat more fruits and vegetables. Avoid juices.
- Eat more high fibre cereals.
- And avoid foods like
- Trans fats which means all deep-fried foods
- Fast foods, especially cakes, pastries, and chips
- Red meat
Remember, your overall eating patterns are very important. It’s also important to eat at regular intervals and avoid missing meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.