Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Altaf BhagvanYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old and someday I am having backache in upper region and gradually it slows down. What could be the reason?
I am 20 years old, I haven't been able to walk since 2 days and I am having a facture in left leg knee, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I want ask that due to access use of EPSOM SALT can affect the leg pain? Because from last few days not able to walk? Left leg is paining a lot. please help me. Any muscle disorder?
I am having pain in the back of my neck. A click sound is heard whenever I twist my neck. Headache on right side and also sometimes I feel a bit of numbness in right hand. Kindly help. Have done a x ray. Report says bilateral rudimentary rib noted and straightening of cervical spine .is it serious? What should I do?
Your neck is made of vertebrae that stretch out from the skull to the upper body. Cervical discs that lie between the bones absorb shocks. The bones, tendons, and muscles of your neck support your head and allow movement. Any injuries, swelling or damage can bring about neck pain or even stiffness.
Many individuals experience stiffness or neck pain once in a while. Usually, this occurs due to poor posture. At times, neck pain is brought on by injury from a fall, playing sports or whiplash. More often than not, neck pain is a normal condition and can be healed within a couple of days. Now and again, neck pain can show serious injury or damage and require a specialist's consideration. In case you have neck pain that lasts persistently for over a week, is serious, or is joined by different side effects, look for medicinal attention quickly.
Regardless of the possibility that you require medical treatment, for example, prescribed medicines for your neck pain, the following treatment measures will speed your recovery:
- While an ice compress is good for acute pain, heat therapy is recommended for more chronic pain. Use a warming cushion on a low or medium setting for 15 to 20 minutes every 2 or 3 hours. Take a warm shower instead of one of the sessions. You can purchase single-use heat wraps that last up to 8 hours. Use an ice pack for 10 to 15 minutes every 2 to 3 hours.
- Get back to your typical day-by-day exercises when you can. Movement helps your muscles stay solid. Stay away from tiring exercises like lifting and sports that can increase the pain and cause stiffness. Do stretching and neck strengthening activities to keep your neck flexible, strong and prevent stiffness. Stay away from or change any exercises that might bring about your neck pain, for example, sitting in front of your computers or television sets for a long time or doing an excess of overhead work at once. Delicately back rub or rub the region to alleviate pain and energize your blood stream. Try not to rub the damaged area in case it causes pain. Nonprescription creams or gels, may give pain relief.
- It can also be treated with the help of pain relievers
- ??Acetaminophen, (for example, Tylenol) can soothe the pain.
- Nonsteroidal calming medicines, ibuprofen, (for example, Advil) and naproxen, (for example, Aleve), can ease pain and reduce swelling.
- Practice good and healthy habits to improve your lifestyle.
- Attempt to decrease anxiety and pressure at work and home.
- Practice exercises that offer relaxation.
- Get gentle back rubs in intervals.
- Quit smoking. Smoking lowers down healing because it diminishes blood supply and delays tissue repair.
- Exercise regularly, including aerobics and walking.
- Practice a good posture.
Gd evening doc sahib. I am 23 years old female. I am having sprain in my foot after fall from stairs and doc has advised for ice packs. For how many days am I supposed to do ice packing?
I am 18 year old female, from the last few days I am having severe back pain, I have used ointments but the pain is still there. Moreover I hae severe headache ase well from the last few days.
I am suffering from fever from last 14 days. After taking medicine fever comes down. And again after sometime it comes back. What should we do now?
I am Sharath, im working in Oman I have lower back pain from past 3years and I have done treatment in ayurveda, but its not completely gone. Now from past 7months im having worse pain in upper back but not in spine, either side of spine especially when I lean in bed for long in early morning.
I am a 27 years old boy and I have problem of back bone pain after 6 months, please provide me soluation.
Uric acid is a breakdown product of purines that are part of many foods we eat. An abnormality in handling uric acid and crystallization of these compounds in joints can cause attacks of painful arthritis, kidney stones, and blockage of the kidney filtering tubules with uric acid crystals, leading to kidney failure.
Gout has the unique distinction of being one of the most frequently recorded medical illnesses throughout history.
Gout results from abnormal deposits of uric acid crystals in the joint cartilage.
The crystals are later released into the joint fluid.
Gout was once incorrectly thought to be a disease of only the rich and famous, caused by consuming too much rich food and fine wine.
Although diet and excessive drinking contribute to gout, they are not the main cause of the condition.
We now know that heredity plays a role in the development of gout, and it's often associated with other medical problems like high blood pressure.
Not everyone with high levels of uric acid will develop gout.
The kidneys' ability to rid the body of uric acid is partly determined by heredity.
And just because someone in the family suffers from gout does not mean everyone in that family will have the disease.
This risk varies from person to person.
What Are the Symptoms of Gout?
- Sudden, intense joint pain, which often can wake a person from sleep
- Swollen joint that is warm to touch
- Red or purple skin around the joint.
The amount of uric acid in your blood can change depending on what you eat and drink, how hydrated or dehydrated you are, your overall health, how much alcohol you drink, and the medicines you are taking.
It can change in response to a sudden illness..
How Is Gout Treated?
There is no cure for gout, but it can be treated and controlled. Symptoms often are relieved within 24 hours after treatment has begun.
The type of treatment prescribed will depend on several factors, including the person's age, type of medications he or she is taking, overall health, medical history, and severity of gout attacks.
Gout attacks are mainly treated with anti-inflammatory drugs. These include:
* NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), such as ibuprofen or naproxen, are generally prescribed to treat sudden and severe gout attacks.
They usually reduce inflammation and pain within hours.
* Corticosteroids (also called steroids), may be prescribed for people who cannot take NSAIDs.
Steroids also work by decreasing inflammation.
Steroids can be injected into the affected joint or given as pills.
* Colchicine is often used to treat gout and usually begins working within a few hours of taking it. This drug is used less often due to concerns about its side effects.
Dr. Sanjay Kapoor(Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgeon)
For More Details