Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Altaf BhagvanYour feedback matters!
Tenderness on the sole of the left foot (front part) caused probably by hot water bottle. Painful on walking. Can you help me to cure this
I have a problem in my back. Pain. In back side. When I sit down for some hours. It happens. What I do for this reason.
My body full weakness then joints of all above is also pain eg; harm above, foot above so please suggestion how to remove the pain & weakness.
I m 25 years old female I am having right back and right leg pain from the past one week.What can i do?
Hey I'm 16 (M) and this is rather an embarrassing question but hope you guys could help, so I had this really sharp pain like I am passing glass pieces while I am having bowel movement. I think it's an anal fissure after I did a little research on the net a few months ago. It has been there a few months ago for about 2 weeks and then it stopped. And now it's back again after 3-4 weeks. The last time I had the problem I had used a stool softener and pain Medicine so it eventually stopped. Now the actual question is, the medical store told me that I could use "Omnigel- For fast relief from pain, sprain and strain" and he confirmed I could use it for my fissures. Can I use it for the anal fissures or is it just for external pain?
Back pain is a common health problem that affects most people at some point in their life. It may be triggered by bad posture while sitting or standing, bending awkwardly, or lifting heavy objects incorrectly
Muscle spasms and strains
Disc problems: a sudden back movement may cause the disc to bulge or rupture completely. This causes pain in the back or along the course of the nerve that has been pressed-usually the buttocks, leg or foot.
Osteoarthritis and osteoporosis are ( Above> 50 years)
Ankylosing spondylitis: this is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. It occurs mostly in young men. It causes back pain, stiff back and difficulty in bending
Tips to manage Back pain
When you have back pain, use ice or heat. Ice is best in the first 24 to 48 hours after an injury because it reduces inflammation. After 48 hours, you can switch to heat .
Whether you use heat or ice — take it off after about 20 minutes to give your skin a rest.
It is important to keep moving as much as possible. You may require bed rest when the pain in acute, but prolonged bed rest is not helpful.
Exercise regularly to strengthen the abdominal muscles that work with back muscles to stabilize the spine
Always consult a professional trainer before starting a workout regimen
Improve your posture. Keep your spine straight while sitting and standing. Avoid slouching
If you have a desk job, get up every 20 minutes or so and stretch backwards
Design your workplace so you don’t have to hunch forward to see your computer monitor or reach way out for your mouse
Use a desk chair that supports your lower back and allows you to keep your feet planted firmly on the floor
When driving, adjust your car set and steering wheel to a correct height and distance
Be especially careful of your posture when lifting heavy objects. Never bend over from the waist Instead, bend and straighten from the knees
If your pain does not improve, consult a doctor. Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medicines for a few days till the acute stage is over
I want powerful doctor for my hand because my hand is braked so please I want special doctor for that.
Recently I have done a general health test.in reports my Rheumatoid factor (ra test) is 65.25 IU/ml which is higher than normal. Please let me know what is it related to and what is the severity and precautions and medication to be taken. Also I have vitamin b12 and vitamin D deficiency. Thanks in advance.
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.