Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Altaf Bhagvan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Altaf BhagvanYour feedback matters!
My mother 65 years old (female). Last 5 to 6 years have knee joint pain. Please let me know for treatment.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) usually stiffens the smaller joints of a person's body. Rheumatoid arthritis is a very common phenomenon affecting millions across the world. It is characterized by severe symptoms like swelling of joints, stinging or throbbing pain, heat and burning sensation around the joints, excessive weakness and inflexibility after sitting for a long span of time. A problem such as this if left unattended can lead to inflammation of the salivary glands, tear glands and of the lining of your lungs. Homeopathy comes to your rescue without requiring you to deal with an array of side effects.
RA is caused when the immune system of the body starts giving an abnormal response. Although the exact reason is still unknown, the following factors have been noted-
- Women are more prone to have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Family history of having RA increases your chances of having RA
- Smoking also increases your chances of having RA
- Obesity can be another factor when it comes to the chances of having Rheumatoid Arthritis
Homeopathic medications to deal with rheumatoid arthritis:
1. Arnica is a sought after medication in every household- The Arnica plant has been used for its medicinal purposes for so many centuries now. Arnica is known for its efficacy in treating rheumatoid arthritis. A patient of arthritis could be suffering from inflammation of joints in his or her hands and legs; Arnica can be relied on for relief in such cases. This medicine helps to reduce pain that prevents you from getting a full night's sleep. That apart, it can also counter the effect of muscle cramps and muscle stiffening.
2. Pulsatilla can be helpful for patients of arthritis- Pulsatilla can successfully control inflamed pain in several joints of your body. In Pulsatilla, the pains keep shifting. A sudden stabbing ache might be felt in your wrist but the very next moment it could be in your elbow.
3. Bryonia is effective in treating arthritis- An experienced homeopathic practitioner will advocate the use of this medicine if the patient shows signs of intolerance to warmth or hot weather. Bryonia comes to the aid of people with rheumatoid arthritis who experience alternate pangs of tearing and stitching pain. Patients say they feel slightly better when the painful side is in pressure or is being reclined on. Bryonia can fight swelling even in the serous membranes of your joints.
4. Causticum can cure muscle weakness- It often happens that a patient of arthritis complains about frail muscle support. Standing upright after sitting at a stretch can make them feel wobbly in their joints. Muscle tendons may contract giving rise to deformities. Causticum successfully deals with all of these issues. A person diagnosed with fidgety nature, especially at night and known to feel burning in his or her ankles is mostly asked to take causticum.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I felled down from bike and I got an injury to my right knee doctors suggested to take MRI scan I have taken and by seeing the report the doctor said me to its mandatory to make a surgery but I don't won't to make a surgery so I kindly requesting you to suggest me an another solution without a surgery to treat my knee as soon as possible Thanking you.
Good morning sir, I am 21 years old and have pain in my left hip from approx 1.5 months and the pain starts from left hip till my foot and I am not able to put weight on my left leg completely so so walk just like I am crippled and I had seen a physio and he told some exercises but the pain is still intact and a bit relief is there but when I go for a walk and take a walk of around 2 kms theres very severe pain and I am not even able to sit or walk. And I need to sit as my class start from 1 july so I need to sit which is right now a big question for me? How will I sit and study? please help me sir.
I am 57 year male 6 feet, 80 kg. My muscles around stomach have become stiff and can feel inflammation on the back. I have trouble sitting for long time and have pain around the waist. Kindly suggest.
I have a pain in my back which happen any time it is from long time say one or two years what should I do.
I am CHAITALI DAS. My age is 46 years and since a few years I have been suffering from joint pains and pain in my knees ,also back pain. As I am an ischemic heart disease and gastric patient I cannot digest painkillers and antibiotics. What else can I do to get relief?
When I woke up in the morning I always have lot of pain under my right heal which hampers me from walking normally for about 1 to 2 minutes. My age is 55 yrs. And my height.
I am suffering from disc slip if my lower back. Its end of all my physical activities for lifetime. please advise.
In our fast paced life, a wrong bend or an incorrect posture is quick to trigger a back ache. It can also occur because of reasons like arthritis, improper diet, lack of physical activity, an improper lifting of a heavy object, excessive physical labour or pregnancy. Most white collared professionals are a victim of a sedentary lifestyle where they spend hours on end sitting in the same position. In fact prolonged sitting is also a cause for weight gain, obesity, joint problems, poor health and even premature death.
Our instant reaction is to take a painkiller and get relief from a back ache. But painkillers often come with unwanted side effects and it is best not to take them unless prescribed by a physician. Some of the commonly prescribed painkillers in the market increase your risk to a heart attack by 2 to 4 times, cause cardiovascular problems, gastrointestinal problems, like digestive tract bleeding and even kidney problems. Instead, back ache has several home remedies that can wonders. It will require a little patience but the zero side effect factor and long term relief will eventually be great for you.
Try these herbal and home remedies for backache:
- Internal and external pain relief with Ginger: Ginger has anti-inflammatory compounds that can work well for pain relief. You can start by making Ginger tea. To do this, add 2-3 slices of ginger in half cup boiling water and simmer it for 10 - 15 minutes. You can add honey and drink it 2-3 times a day. You can also add half tea spoon crushed peppercorns and 2-3 cloves to this tea. Adding a dash of black salt helps in improving the taste.
- Harness the power of Basil: Add 10 Basil leaves to a boiling cup of water and continue to boil it until it reduces to half. You can add a dash of salt to this and drink it through the day.
- Home remedies with exercise: Not only should you stretch between long sitting hours, you should also get some back exercise suggested by a physical trainer with expertise in the field.
- Trigger your inner healing by releasing endorphins: Endorphins act as a pain blocking mechanism in the body and doing certain activities you like can help release them. From walking for 20 minutes to aerobics, to yoga to meditation to chiropractic care, you can try whatever makes you happy and calm to trigger your inner healing.
- Garlic: These tiny cloves healing powers are well known for a variety of body ailments including blood pressure. Taking a couple of cloves early in the morning on empty stomach or massaging with garlic oil helps relieve back ache.
- Panckarma: Panchkarma remedies like Kati Vasti and Patra Pinda Sweda etc., are highly benefical and give great results for back pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.