Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alpa Parag ajmeraYour feedback matters!
I am blessed with a baby boy on Friday morning 15.4. 2016. It's normal delivery (episiotomy delivery. It's very pain. If any future problem in episiotomy delivery can you tel me. And how to cure this pain.
My gf took unwanted 72 pills, 10th feb, and after that it still paining in his abdomen and having a headache, from 10 th feb, she is getting repeated same headache and abdominal pain, same pain till yet, some times it automatically stops and then automatically starts, firstly it happens in abdomen and then in head, her menstruation cycle occurred 29jan last month. What should be done, can thus unwanted 72 harm so much? And till when it will give pain? What should be done, should we wait or immediately consult a doctor.
Me n my frnd had sex last month, period is 2 days late. I want to abort the child if m pregnant. Give d names of sm medicine which ll help in aborting d child in home only. please hlp.
I am suffering from cough and cold regularly since 3 years in every 20 days period helpless no solutions getting from doctors properly What can I do?
Hi, I had unprotected sex, although I did not penetrate fully and neither did I ejaculate will there be any chances of pregnancy considering that I had ejaculated before sex and washed? What are the safe options now.
Hi im 18 years female me and my boyfriend were naked on bed and our genitals were touching each other and he finished on my inner thighs and wiped soon after it. My hymens are intact because im a virgin. And we did not have intercourse. Will I get pregnant?
Rekha is 32 years old, she has a succesful career, a lovable husband and two wonderful kids. She has a few helpful friends and a supportive family. She also got promoted at work 6 months ago. Yet for the past few months she has been finding it a little difficult to fall asleep at night, she dreads daybreak and wished she could sleep for a bit more time. She fights through the tiredness as everything she once enjoyed seems grey and non rewarding. She stopped following her favorite tv show and hasn’t been talking to her friends as much. She has been unable to focus on work and it takes her longer than usual to complete her tasks. The food she once loved seems drab and unappealing. There is no more color to festivals and functions, and smiling becomes an effort. She worried about the future and feels helpless as her life spirals down a eternal dark staircase.
Rekhas husband has noticed this and is supportive as he can be, telling her that she needs to snap out of whatever that she is going through. Not that she wouldnt want to snap out of it. People around her have been trying to cheer her up, suggesting everything that they feel would make her feel better! But no, the shadow of depression follows her around and makes her feel that her life is not worth living anymore.
What are the numbers ?
Depression is difficult, depression is dark and depression is dangerous. Studies have reported numbers ranging from 1 in 10 to 1 in 30. An article in the Indian express on feb 15,2016 was titled “with 36% of India depressed, we must end the taboo around mental health”
Depression was reported to be higher in females, in the age-group of 40-49 years and among those residing in urban metros. Equally high rates were reported among the elderly.Depression and suicides are closely linked, with upto 15% of depressed individuals attempting suicide. With around a lakh and 30000 people ending their lives by suicide every year, and atleast 10 times as much attempting suicide, this 15 percent starts looking like a very large number.
What causes depression
Contrary to popular belief, depression does not necessarily stem from a weakness in one's "mind" or from ones poor ability to cope with the stressors of life. This Depression like every other illness stems from complex interactions between biological, psychological and social factors. Like one cannot "think away" a fever, it is impossible to "think away" depression.
Genetic studies have demonstrated a concordance rate for mood disorders in identical twins of 70 to 90 percent. Implying a strong role of inherited factors in depressive illness. Alterations in hormonal regulation and sleep architecture can also lead to depression.
At the base of the illness there are abnormalities at the synaptic level in the neuronal networks in the pre-frontal cortex (a region in the brain). The pre-frontal cortex holds and processes information in regard to ones personality, memory, decision making, motivation and complex cognitive tasks. These processes are encoded in the form of synapses or interneuronal connections. The neurons communicate via electrochemical processes called neurotransmission. Current knowledge implicates a imbalance in serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline (neurotransmitters) and or an abnormal number of their receptors in the synapses in causing depression. Most anti depressants increase serotonin concentrations at the synaptic level so as to improve mood and cognition.
Low levels of serotonin have also been observed in those who attempt suicide.
What are the symptoms of depression? How is it diagnosed ?
Symptoms of depression include persistent low mood, easy fatiguability and a lack of interest in things that were previously pleasurable. Physical symptoms such as changes in sleep patterns, changes in appetite and weight and decreased interest in sex may also occur. Further a loss of self confidence, undue feelings of guilt, emotional lability and thoughts about self harm are also common.
The safest thing to do, if one is experiencing such symtoms is to seek professional help.
The Psychiatrist or Psychologist will be able to make a diagnosis based of Criteria set forth by the world health organization. They may suggest laboratory investigations to rule out physical illnesses such as anemia and thyroid dysfunction that mimic depression and will offer appropriate treatment measures.
Depression tends to occur in episodes with each episode lasting from 6 months to two years with an average of 8 months. Untreated depression tends to leave behind residual symptoms that include fatigue, anhedonia, long lasting sleep disturbances, poor productivity and a propensity to recur. 60% of those who develop a depressive episode, develop another Thus earlier and effective treatment will improve prognosis and will decrease the long term morbidity.
Effective treatment strategies are available for the management of depression. Based on the severity of illness and the nature of symptoms, you health care provider may prescribe either behavioral changes, psychotherapy or biological therapy. You do not have to go at it alone. Help is available for all those who seek it !
Depression is nothing to be afraid of, and certainly nothing to be guilty or ashamed of. With the right intervention from qualified experts, depression can be managed effectively.
You can find a lot more information about mental health and mental illness at our stigma breaking.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 22nd may. She took I pill after 24 hrs. Her period Date was 15 may .She did not get her periods in june. She did pregnancy test at home. It found negative. What is the reason behind delay in periods ?
1. Soybeans can help individuals control weight.
Soybeans have been known to suppress the appetite, helping people eliminate the chances of overeating that leads to obesity and other health related risks. Also, soybeans provide considerable amounts of protein, which can lead to weight gain when taken in large quantities. The weight obtained from soybeans could protect the individual from chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
2. Soybeans can contribute to improving your sleep.
Soybeans have a high content of magnesium, which is a mineral that is directly linked to improving the quality, duration, and tranquillity of sleep. Soybeans also help regulate the metabolism, to help reduce sleep disorders and the occurrence of insomnia.
3. Soybeans may help prevent and manage type 2 diabetes.
Soybeans have the ability to increase insulin receptors in the body. This helps the body to handle the disease effectively or prevents diabetes from forming at all.
4. Soybeans can contribute to improving circulation and oxygenation.
Soybeans are rich in copper and iron. Both are essential for the red blood cell formation. Increased red blood cell production increases oxygen to the cells and improves the metabolic activity. This prevents conditions like anemia.
5. Soybeans may help to improve your digestive health.
6. Soybeans can help decrease the risk of congenital disabilities.
Soybeans are rich in the B-vitamin complex, particularly in folic acid. Folic acid helps the body to make healthy red blood cells and prevents anemia. It is also important for maintaining rapid cell division and growth during infancy and pregnancy. A deficiency of folic acid in pregnant women can lead to the birth of underweight infants and may also result in neural tube defects in newborns.
7. Soybeans have a significant vitamin and mineral density.
Soybeans are an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, copper, selenium, and zinc. These have a role in preventing osteoporosis and help speed the bone healing process.
Sir meri wife ke age 35 hai aur unki medical report bhi theek hai. Mens ane se pehle unki kamar mein dard bahut hota hai kabhi kabhi. Aissa kyon hota hai.
Peach is an amazing summer fruit that can be eaten with almost each and every meal or for a snack. Peaches are great and nutritious source of vitamin A and vitamin C. Whether you have the peaches from the field of summer harvest or you have the frozen peaches purchased from a supermarket, they surely can help you to lose weight. For the best weight loss diet plans, eat peaches in moderation and just focus on keeping the rest of the diet low in calories. Peaches have a lot in store, lets find out what other benefits they have.
- Helps Control Calorie Consumption: There are 68 calories in a fresh large six-ounce peach. They can easily fit into a diet plan which is calorie controlled for the purpose of weight loss. One needs to consume fewer amounts of calories than you generally consume for the purpose of losing weight. Low calorie foods such as peaches can help one to stick to a calorie controlled diet. In order to reduce the consumption of calorie, one must choose peaches in place of other foods with higher amounts of calories. A brownie has about 227 calories, and a pack of potato chips has about 152 calories. So, you can have peaches in place of these snacks to reduce weight.
- Fill up on fiber and water with peaches: There is about 2.6 grams of dietary fiber in a large fresh peach or about 10 percent of the daily amount based on a diet of 2,000 calories. High fiber diet can aid a person in weight control as high fiber diet helps us to feel full. And so we tend to eat less the other foods of high calorific value. Peaches are composed of water for almost 89 percent of their whole weight and so they are also filling. Water is a calorie-free nutrient material which helps to reduce hunger as it fills up one’s belly. In order to have a high fiber breakfast, one can add slices of peach to whole grain cold cereal or oatmeal with skimmed milk.
- Always choose the right kind: There are some forms of peaches which are higher in calories. Hence, they are less beneficial for weight loss. In dried peaches, there is lower water content than fresh normal peaches. Such dried peaches have a higher amount of calorie content per ounce. A single quarter-cup serving of dried peaches have a weight of only 1.5 ounces but contain about 96 calories. There are about 118 calories in sweetened frozen peaches each half cup, and there are about 80 calories in a half cup canned peaches which are soaked in heavy syrup. If you wish to have better results in terms of weight loss, then you must choose fresh peaches or peaches canned and soaked in their own juice.
- Other Considerations: Try to eat peaches by mixing them with various dishes or try different recipes with them. Low fat cheese stick along with a large peach can help in weight loss and also acts as a high calcium content snack. Remember, trying out varieties will also help you stay motivated to achieve significant weightless that is sustainable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.