Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Alpa Ajay JainYour feedback matters!
I am a 14 years old boy and I have spectacles, my eyesight is -3.5 in both eyes is there any way to improve my eyesight.
My spouse ages 43, is being sight weakness, one years earlier her sight was checked, and suggested to her for tow types of spectacles near and far, but after one year condition is that she is using far distance spectacles for near sight. Kindly suggest to me regarding solution for this problem.
I have problem in my eye sight I am unable to see distant object they looks blurred, please tell me authentic way to cure.
My age is 25 and my eye number is right eye 1.5 left eye 1.25 Could you please suggest me glass brand which will help maintain eye number so that it won't increase over period of time ?
I consulted Eye Surgeon for irritation in my eyes as well as redness after taking bath .He has advised eye drops GenTeal of novartis. I used for two months but no improvement.
I want to know reason behind my blur vision when ever I used my mobile in night more then two hours. Puffy eyes. Please suggest me few tips how to tackle this problem. Thank you.
How do I know when my eye problem is an emergency? When should I self-treat, go to my eye doctor, or head to Emergency?
Doctor I have a problem to my eyes so I don't see clearly why? I take all the medicines. So I asking to you how to treat myself. And one more problem to pain in my legs I do not walking faster why?
I have red eyes for 1 week then what should I do I don't know what am I doing in night time my eye not visible correctly so please help me sir.
Doctor meri eyes kabhi bhi red hojati h our jalam hone lagti h khujli hone lagti h ghar ke bhar jayo out of town vaha ki air our water se bhi red eyes our red hi rehti h plzz doctor tell me mujhe kya problem h our konsi medicine lo.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 Eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath