Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alpa Ajay Jain
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Alpa Ajay JainYour feedback matters!
Just below my right eye in the eye bag, theres a continuous twitching for last 8 to 10 days, what could be the reason and which doctor should I consult?
Sir, i have CSR in my right eye and is improving. recently, i am seeing ghost images on bright surfaces like text in tv etc. it is there in either eye with on eye closed. if i wear glasses then the ghost image disappears. sometimes if i see straight also the ghost image disappears. i am very much worried. on the first day of its appearance i visited an opthalmologist, they said nothing in the left eye rather than CSR in RE. i am not diabetic or have BP. would request your help.
Doctor, I have allergies and my eyes are affected the most. They are puffy red and itchy. What can I do?
I've got head ache since past 7 days I don't know what to do my eyes are red I cant bear the pain any more plzz help me out.
I have a eye sight of (-5) nearly for both the eyes. Recently I heard name called lasik surgery. Is this beneficial to remove the total eye sight. please give me the suggestion.
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images:
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when:
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.