Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Alok Surendralal ShahYour feedback matters!
I had heart problem my Dr. Cardiologist. Told to angiography but prior that I had done some report hiv etc all normal except creatine is 1.38 so I should go for angiography or not?
My husband has haemoglobin 17.5,cholesterol 209, bilirubin 1.37. What can be the reasons for high haemoglobin?
From last month late night 1 am to around 8 am I have breathing problem and some sound comes when breathing I shown a general physician he say lungs is ok and I done my chest X-ray this also comes normal but this problem is not gone I have running nose also almost for long time what's the reason of this problem.
Hi I am 24 years female in my pregnancy I have blood pressure 130/80 this my first pregnancy after delivery I checkup blood pressure some time it was low blood pressure 110/70 after two months I checkup my blood pressure 140/90 so what was problem in my health please give me tips for normal blood pressure thanks.
Hello, I am getting heart pain (according to rhythm) whenever I am stressed or get angry on someone. I smoke 5 cigrates ina day and stopped for last two days. Now it's little better. It's getting even better if I jog in the morning. Felt the difference. What is causing this? What should I do to fix it permanently. I smoke for last ten years and get angry frequently many times in the past and never had this problem. Pls advise?
I have fatty tummy I tried many thing like dieting, exercise gym but not perfectly result I get in lose cholesterol so tell me things to reduce my weight please.
I am 64 years old male today I made 2d echo of my heart. In 2d echo report says that mildly dilated left ventricle problem. Please advise me best ayurvedic remedy for above problem. Thanking you in advance Suresh Bhatti 9426030694 Ahmedabad.
I am 45 years old, I am getting pain below the right side of chest since 3 weeks, it is not reduced even after taking pantocid tablets for 2weeks. What can I do in this regard, what is the reasons for my pain.
Arrhythmia is a disorder which is characterized by improper and irregular heartbeats; be it too slow or too fast. This problem occurs when the electrical impulses that are used to regulate your heartbeat don’t work in the correct manner. Your heart may beat irregularly, too slow or too fast.
Although this disorder does not yield many symptoms, a few noticeable symptoms of arrhythmia are slow heartbeat, or a racing heartbeat, chest pain, breathing difficulties and dizziness. Arrhythmia can lead to inefficient pumping by the heart, leading to bouts of fainting. A severe symptom of this disorder is ventricular fibrillation, wherein the ventricles tend to quiver instead of transporting blood. This symptom can cut off blood supply to the vital organs, which may lead to death.
- Coronary artery disease: In this disease, arteries of the heart can get blocked, leading to irregular heart beat and impaired heart functioning.
- A heart attack: An ongoing heart attack usually leads to irregular heartbeats.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure problems make you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Impaired functioning of the thyroid glands: An overactive or underactive thyroid gland can lead to heart arrhythmia.
- Excessive smoking and alcohol consumption: These habits can cause problems with the blood vessels in the body, thus increasing risks of this particular condition as well as other cardio-vascular diseases.
- Stress: Too much stress can lead to high blood pressure; that is again linked to heart arrhythmia.
Mild symptoms of arrhythmia do not require treatment. However, complications resulting from it warrant treatment. The various treatment options for this condition are:
- Pacemaker: A pacemaker is a device that is used to regulate your heart rhythms. It is placed in the body by a surgical procedure and an insulated wire is put, connecting the heart to the pacemaker. In case of an irregular heartbeat, the pacemaker sends out impulses to correct the improper heartbeat.
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: This device is used to prevent a dangerous symptom of heart arrhythmia, a symptom wherein the ventricle quivers. It is similar to a pacemaker as it is also placed near the collarbone. In case it detects an abnormal rhythm, it sends out shocks to reset the heart rhythm.
- Maze procedure: This is a surgical procedure wherein incisions are made on the upper heart tissue to create a scar tissue. Scar tissues act as insulators to prevent stray impulses.
- Alternative therapies: Alternative procedures such as yoga and meditation can help remedy the disorder.
Dear Sir/madam, I am 48 years female. Recently I had LDL cholesterol test and it's range is 141. Kindly suggest what medication has to be taken as imy LDL cholesterol ranging high than the limit. Thanks in advance.
Recently i have done my ECG and found some disorder .I suspect its may be due to heart blockage bcoz now when i walk ( say for 5 minutes ) I feel breathing troubles.Moreover my BP and CHOLESTOREL is in higher tendency.And I have also THYOROID .Everyday I take medicines like TELPRESS M.T-50 /ROZUCOR F 10/DEPLAT 75MG THYRONORM 62.5MG AND CTD-12.5. Doctor advice me to go for ECO CARDIOGRAPHY after 1 month.My question is that whether heart blockage is cureable with medicines and without any surgery ?
It is advisable not to take much water in between food which is essential for better digestion.
It's measured in millimetres of mercury (mmHg) and recorded as two measurements:
systolic pressure – the pressure when your heart beats and squeezes blood into your arteries
diastolic pressure – the pressure when your heart rests between beats
For example, if your systolic blood pressure is 120mmHg and your diastolic blood pressure is 80mmHg, your blood pressure is 120 over 80, which is commonly written as 120/80.
Normal blood pressure is between 90/60 and 140/90. If you have a reading of 140/90 or more, you have high blood pressure (hypertension). This puts you at greater risk of developing serious health conditions, such as heart attack or stroke.
People with a blood pressure reading under 90/60 are usually regarded as having low blood pressure.
Read more about diagnosing low blood pressure.