Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AlmasYour feedback matters!
I m suffering from mouth ulcer from 4 days. What should I do to cure it. What are its causes and treatments.
I am 33 years old lady. I am suffering with mouth smelling. I do not feel comfortable any where. Sir, please give suggestion what I done solv for this problem.
- Clean in between your teeth using interdental brushes or floss. This will help to clean a higher portion of the tooth and prevent the build-up of plaque
- A diet that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fresh fruit and vegetables can help to prevent gum disease
- Eating and drinking naturally weakens the enamel on your teeth, and brushing straight afterwards can cause tiny particles of enamel to be brushed away. It is best not to brush your teeth until at least one hour after eating
- Chew sugar-free gum to stimulate saliva to help prevent your mouth from drying out
- If you are a nervous patient, make sure your dentist knows this, including what you most dislike about treatment
- To test if you have bad breath, simply lick the inside of your wrist, let it dry and sniff. If the smell is bad, you can be fairly sure you have bad breath
- Always tell your dentist about changes to your health, as it may help them prevent gum disease from developing
- A glass of water is the best drink to give your child after eating sugary foods
- Brush your teeth just before you go to bed and before you have anything to eat or drink at breakfast
- Use a mouthwash containing anti-bacterial to help control gum disease.
I want to clean my teeth my teeth are stained with panmasala looking very stains can I make them white?
Hi, I am Arpitkumar, age 21. I have been rejected in SSB medicals due to anterior teeth not in occlusion. When I consulted local dentists they suggested to apply braces and before that 4 teeth also would be extracted for making some space. So should I go for it because I am in dilemma that extraction would also get me rejected and would also affect my eyes. Please help me.
I am Ratif ahmad I am 21 years old I am suffering from tooth ache I extract one teeth but my others are becoming worst day by day even I brush 2 or 3 times a day I consulted doctor many times but all in vain Now can you please suggest me some remedies or suggestions so that I could improve my tooth.
Dental Health is important.
Although, most of us enjoy a healthy oral condition that's because we have been taught by parents and school teachers that we should keep our teeth clean. The School might have arranged dental health seminars and taught how to brush, what to do with your teeth, and how to keep them healthy.
That's how we are going to teach our generation. It's a process.
What Dentists Need to Do?
Dentists are experts in oral health care and management. Not only they treat the dental patients, but also make people aware how to avoid the dental issues. Dentist's responsibilities include:
�Diagnosing the oral diseases and problems.
� Spreading the awareness on oral health.
� Providing the solutions for dental health issues.
� Making and implementing the dental health plans for patients.
� Make necessary assessment arrangements such as dental x-ray to start treatment.
� Guiding the patients during and after the treatment.
� Showing case studies of past experiences to aware patients and other people.
5 Reasons Why People Avoid Dental Treatment
Following are the reasons why people normally avoid their dental treatments in the first place:
1. They have busy Schedules
People have busy schedules. We all have jobs to do. That's one of the reasons most people delay or avoid their dental treatments because they think they don't have time after their job hours. Keeping that in mind, we shouldn't avoid our dental treatment.
2. They don't want lengthy Procedures
Admit it. Dental procedures are lengthy and time-consuming. It might take 3 to 4 months if you have a major oral disease or dental treatment. Haven't you heard from people that they have kept the braces on for next six months as per dentist's advice?
3. They Feel no Pain
If there is no pain, there is no problem. Some people think that way!
It's fair. You might be noticing the symptoms of a dental problem while having ice cream or drinking coffee. If you feel something is wrong with your teeth, you better consult with a dentist before something goes really bad and gets worse.
4. They don't want dental treatment pain
Pain is one of the treatment avoiding factors. Especially women and children don't want to have dental treatment pain. Delaying or avoiding the dental checkup or surgery due to the fear of pain isn't the right thing to do.
5. They don't consider it as Important
People who think it's not really important to get dental treatments should read the American Dental Association's views on Dental Care. Once they read that, they will find out that scientific studies have shown the association of dental issues with other diseases including diabetes and heart problems.
Respected sir m physically challenged by my tongue. I have speaking problem I hesitate many times while speak (tutlaana) Any cure for this or is this go fine.
Hello doctors, I found out that I have wisdom teeth erupting and its very painful even when I make any movement and i am unable to eat anything. Please suggest me any pain killer or gel? Thank you.
I am 30years old. I have a pain in my teeth. When I eat anything like whether it is cold or hot. Kindly suggest me. I visited 1 dentist he told your teeth is breaking.
Negatively altered tooth shape or color affects not just the aesthetics, but also the person’s social image and self confidence. It can convert them into introverts who shy away from socialization. Teeth can lose their shape or color due to various reasons from hypo mineralized teeth, to food/tobacco stains, to fractures, trauma or tooth decay. If you are looking for a brilliant white smile with the perfect shape and alignment then veneers have the inherent ability of correcting all minor dental flaws creating a near perfect result.
A Veneer like its namesake is a thin perfectly shaped extension of tooth colored material which maybe composite , ceramic or a combination of the two. While composite resin veneers are fabricated over the affected tooth in a single sitting, the porcelain veneer requires taking impressions and the veneers are fabricated in the lab, which are then fixed on the tooth.
Veneers also help correct minor discolorations and mildly mishapen teeth. The choice of using composite or porcelain depends on a number of factors. Composite resin has a big advantage of reversibility. If the end result is not very satisfactory, then the entire restoration can be removed and a new veneer can be applied. With porcelains, the biggest advantage is their excellent resistance to staining. Even with long term use of coffee and tea, the chances of staining the porcelain veneers would be minimal.
Some of the properties of composite include:
- Requires less tooth reduction than a porcelain, thereby saving more natural tooth structure
- The material is extremely plastic and resinous, allowing sufficient working time for the dentist to achieve the desired shape and size of the veneer
- It is slightly porous and therefore, has a tendency to absorb water over a period of time and take in some stain
- Should be polished extremely well to achieve the natural looks
- May require replacement after about 3 to 5 years
- Can be done in one dental clinic visit
Some of the unique characteristics of porcelain include:
- The result of a well-done porcelain veneer produces an extremely natural looking tooth
- The best advantage of porcelain is that it is not porous and therefore once it is glazed, does not stain over a period of time. The typical discoloration around the edges of the veneers seen in composite restorations is not seen with porcelain veneers
- These veneers therefore last longer than the composite resin veneers
- They are more expensive compared to the composite resin veneers.
- They require at least 2-3 dental visits
The choice of the material for veneer and the result would depend ultimately on the patient’s aesthetic requirements and overall oral health maintenance. Having a detailed discussion with the dentist will help in choosing the right material and getting the maximum benefit out of it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.