Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Allan Mark Pereira
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Allan Mark PereiraYour feedback matters!
My son who is 15 years old has consumed 1 cap of dettol instead of mouthwash do we need to take him to the hospital immediately.
My baby 4 months old, her eye in infection and eye under in yellow type (chip-chip) dust. I given the mezol eye drop. Please advice me.
50 days have passed since my daughter's birth. I am giving my daughter only cow milk. I am not giving breast milk to my daughter because my breast milk is not being made at all. After 10 days of her birth, giving cow milk so I want to know my daughter will not have any problem in the future the future.
My baby is 4 years old Has cold for last 3 months regularly. Its symptoms is like starting running nose then, blocked nose, then snoring, then getting heavy cough while sleeping, then chest cold, then get like cure. But not cure, again it will be start from running nose, blocked nose, snoring, cough etc. Its happening last 3 months randomly. We taken Levocitrize, asthalin, levolin (as per doctor advice) etc. Etc. But still not cure. Please advice what we can do? Thanks.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.