Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alka KumarYour feedback matters!
Dear Docter , after putting Vaginal tablets , there was heavy bleeding for a week then bleeding stop , again 2 times minor bleeding gap of 1 week , then after 3rd week I again self test by Prega news kit test was positive , then 3rd time again bleeding for 2 days .So I am fully worried .Pls help
Hi i am 8 weeks pregnant, but have more nausea, not able to eat or smell any thing. Have vomiting sensation for the entire day. I am very much upset & worried alot. Please do give me any feedback to come out of this. I request u.
I am 35 year old woman with one daughter 10 years old for past 5 periods I am suffering serve abdomen pain centre during periods and heavy bleeding for 2 3 and 4 th day, I also had thyroid test blood and sonography all was normal other then bulky uterus, all these started after I was detected with kidney cyst few months ago however my latest sonography shows no present cyst in kidney please help.
My period date was 26 of april but I had unprotected sex with my partner on 21 april. After 1 hr I took unwanted 72. I haven't got my periods yet. Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Doctor I have pcos I am on dose since two and half months can you please tell me when will I conceive. What are the symptoms that tell you its getting recovered. What is the duration of the recovery.
Rock salt, also known as black salt, is packed with health benefits. From general health to skin and hair problems, this unprocessed and also the purest salt form is an ingredient used in many Ayurvedic medicines. Many people prefer rock salt over common salt for its nutritional significance. It is a rich source of minerals and trace elements such as copper, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, to name a few.
The following health advantages of rock salt makes it a must have ingredient in your diet.
- The black salt comes as a much needed relief for people with digestive problems, heartburn, or gas. It helps in better digestion of food in addition to making the food more palatable. People suffering from constipation can also benefit immensely from black salt.
- If you are into fitness and importantly into losing weight, then black salt is what you need. The black salt is known to be helpful in dealing with the hunger pangs (reduces food cravings) better.
- Fluctuations in the blood pressure can be quite risky for the health. Black salt goes a long way in stabilizing the blood pressure. In fact, people with high blood pressure are often advised to use black salt.
- If you are a night owl by compulsion (insomniac), then black salt is sure to make your life a lot easier. Sleep disorder often results from an imbalance in the melatonin level. Black salt normalizes the healthy sleeping cycle by regulating the melatonin level in the affected person.
- Black salt comes as a real savior for people with a skin problems. Black salt helps to not only cleanse, but also exfoliate (rock salt makes for an excellent natural body scrub) the skin. It removes the dead skin cells, opens the closed skin pores, thus giving the skin a natural glow. To improve the overall circulation, many people soak their body in water containing black salt.
- Rock salt is known to be an excellent immune booster.
- Yellow nails or cracked heels can be embarrassing. Worry no more! Just soak your hands and feet in rock salt water and watch the magic.
- Taking a bath in rock salt water after a long and tiring day will leave you refreshed and rejuvenated like never before.
- Rock salt is a rich source of almost all the essential trace elements. Thus, it acts as a catalyst enhancing the metabolic activities of the body.
- People with cold, tonsil or other respiratory problems (sinus, dry cough, to name a few) can benefit by gargling with lukewarm water with a pinch of rock salt in it.
- Drinking rock salt water (brine, preferably spring water) is helpful in the case of kidney stones, arthritis, gallbladder stones.
- Rock salt is equally beneficial for the hair. When mixed with shampoo, it helps to cleanse the hair (also removes the dead skin) naturally.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1: wake up 6am and drink a glass of warm water, go for a walk for half an hour.
2: dily oil massage and bathe with warm water.
3: have light breakfast of oat
Meal or chapati with sabji.
4: have lunch whatever you need.
5: some snacks in between 4-5pm like fruits tea.
6: dinner up to 9 go to bed up to 10 0'clock.
7: have a glass of warm milk before going to bed.
Now I am 26 week pregnant. I went to blood test my hemoglobin is7. 8.is anything worry about Hb? Does Hb 7.8 effects on baby? Pls suggest any remedies to increase Hb. moreover I am beta thalassemia minor carrie. Is this minor effect on baby? Pls reply me.
Toothpicks can be an alternative to use for flossing if dental floss is not available. Remember not to be too harsh while using it.
Hello Doctor, I am from Coimbatore. My Wife - 26 gave birth to a boy baby in August. She is facing some difficulties in milk secretion. Even following some non-veg diets suggested by her parents, we are not satisfied with the result. Kindly suggest us some effective diets that can boost up the breast milk.
Hi I'm 20 years old. Few day ago I had sex with prostitute during her menses period, while doing fingering some blood comes on my hand and by the same hand I wore condom due to which some blood get on my tip of penis so it can led hiv or aids. Waiting for reply please answer.
Is it possible to be 9 weeks pregnant but still get negative urine pregnancy test results repeatedly multiple times? (tested every week for the past nine weeks starting from the date of last missed period. Negative result every time).
I am lactating mother of 8 month old and suffering from pitta for 7 days. Can I take neem leaves. If yes then, how and how many times in a day.
Mai 2 months pahle pregnant thi then maine pill khaya Fir usske baad mera back bone daily pain hota h and blooding bhi bahot hota h to sab normal h kya.
I am aged of 21 years ,height 5-4" weight 52, from few months I observe that my body is increasing and some times I suffer with irregular menstrual. How can I control my self I feel so embarrass .Actually I'm now personality is medium, further I don't want to be grown .which food is better for my diet according to that I 'll follow.
Almonds make a delicious and healthy snack. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins and healthy fats that are necessary for the body. Here is the list of the benefits of almonds that will give you enough reasons to add almond to your diet.
Regular consumption of almonds increases the level of high density lipoproteins and reduces the level of low density lipoproteins. Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats and health promoting fats. Almonds can lower ldl cholesterol up to 15 percent for every 7 grams of almonds per day.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.