Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alka Kumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alka KumarYour feedback matters!
I have Turner syndrome and I am on premarin and meprate medication. I am married for 1 years and now looking for family planning. How should I proceed and is any chance I can conceive naturally.
My mother was suffering from Breast cancer. She operated in september 2013 successfully but after operation she was given 8 doses of chemo therapy and 20 doses of Radio therapy. After this treatment she remains good with usual checkups. But this year recently in this running month she complains about back pain and leg pain. After consult with Doctor they diagnosis with Bone scan test that shows distinct possibility of metastasis. They also gives the zoledron injection. Due to this injection she reliefs about 98 percent good and they also advised to take again 5 doses of Radio therapy.
I have itching in vaginal area from last one week. Tried clindamycin cream but not to great relief, pls suggest.
Hi! I have a symptoms of pregnancy. I am getting bleeding from yesterday it's not like my regular periods. But I have stomach and back pain it's like my periods time pain.
I'm 21 years old .tried sex on 6-7th july with protection and it was under me for 10-20 sec. Getting periods from 2 months normally .bt this month even After periods. Bleeding is continuous 1-2 drop everyday from almost 7 days. Why is this happening?
Ovarian cyst of 2.6 mm in right side. Doctor given ultra coq 10 and fertomid 100 mg before follicular study. I have taken injection sitrodium HP 150 on 8 th day, sitasi HP 5000 given on 12 th day. After getting collapsed follicular it shows my uterine lining is only 5.6 mm. My menstrual cycle is of 26 days, but this time I got period on 30th day. But flow is about to nothing with brown liquid few drops only. On third day I hv done urine test for pregnancy it is negative. Doctor advice again ultra coq 10 and ovabless for 30 days. Please suggest, why I the flow is very less and brown.
It's alright to feel low and not so happy at times. Just remember to love yourself no matter what and let that be a tough love so that you live a healthy and fit life.
ACCEPT THE WAY YOU ARE
1. Set a self-acceptance intention.
2. Stop comparing.
3. Choose what makes you unique.
4. Appreciate more.
5. Surround yourself with support.
6. List your achievements.
7. Be happy
8. Intentionally counter negative self-talk with positive words to yourself.
9. Perform acts of kindness
10. Treat yourself to things that make you feel good.
11. Learn how to accept a compliment.
A collection of symptoms typically occurring between ovulation and menses (discharge of blood and from the uterus) is defined as premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Premenstrual syndrome symptoms can either be physical or emotional.
Physical symptoms and signs include:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Weight gain due to fluid retention
- Bloated abdomen
- Breast tenderness
- Acne breakouts
- Diarrhoea or constipation
While other behavioural and emotional symptoms include:
- Anxiety or tension
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Anger or irritability and mood swings
- Food cravings and appetite changes
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration
Causes: The exact cause of PMS is unknown. But there are several contributing factors, such as:
- Cyclic hormonal changes: The hormones oestrogen and progesterone fluctuate a lot while preparing for a normal menstrual cycle. This fluctuation causes some of the symptoms of PMS.
- Chemical changes: The fluctuation of serotonin, a kind of neurotransmitter (brain chemical), affects the mood, which causes some of the emotional symptoms of PMS. For instance, insufficient serotonin triggers premenstrual depression, insomnia, food cravings and fatigue.
- Depression: If the PMS symptoms are severe, depression could be the underlying cause, though it doesn't usually trigger all of the symptoms.
Treatment: There is no permanent cure for PMS, but a few lifestyle changes and home remedies can work very well for you. Some treatment options include:
- To ease abdominal bloating, drink lots of fluids
- Eat a balanced diet comprised of plenty of vegetables and fruits. Reduce your alcohol, caffeine, salt and sugar intake.
- You can take supplements such as magnesium, calcium, vitamin B-6 and folic acid to reduce mood swings and cramps.
- Take vitamin D supplements to relieve symptoms
- Sleep for at least eight hours in the night to counter fatigue
- Exercise to improve your emotional health and reduce bloating
- Try to reduce your stress as much as you can; read a book or walk to relieve some stress.
Besides, these lifestyle changes, you can take over-the-counter medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen to reduce stomach cramps, muscles aches and headaches. Diuretics (drugs that increase urination) are excellent treatments for bloating and fluid retention.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!