Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alka Jain
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alka JainYour feedback matters!
After my pregnancy i had thyroid and i put lot of weight .Even i eat less and i want to reduce how should i do ?
Iam 29years old, and my weight is 69kgs, I have hypothyroidism since 2004 with a recent reading of 8.5MmicroIU/ml, we are planning for a baby, if I want to conceive will this level of TSH Interfere? If means how much should I reduce in order to conceive quickly, I mean to ask what is the optimum level of TSH for conceiving? Kindly advice?
I am 6 weeks pregnant and I am unable to take any medicines due to nausea. Is there any other option by which I can take those tablets via syringe or any kind of glucose will help me? Unable to take folic acid tablet also. please let me what should I do.
I had sex with my fiancee. And both of us are ready for anal sex. But when we tried. She was suffering from lot of pain from a bit intercourse. Advice me any medicine or any injection that would reduce pain during intercourse?
Is there any painless delivery technique that has emerged newly? I am very afraid of labour pains. please suggest.
Doctor my girlfrnd eat green raw papaya 6-7 times. Is it normal. She able to fertilized egg in future? urgent help please
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Dear Doctors, My wife pregnancy is running with 31 Weeks now and she has been diagnosed the FASTING Sugar as 99 / PPBS as 149 (After 2 Hrs) / HBA1C as 6.4 and Hemoglobin as 9.7 and also we have taken GLUCOSE challenge Test (1 Hrs Post Glucose) with the result of 163. Kindly request you to share your views about this lab test report and the way forward. Thanks.
Can I take Primon-N contains: norethisterone. P. 5 mg. This tablet to postpone my periods. How to take it. How many days before And doses. please help me.
I had unprotected sex with my g.f.in her 2nd day and 4th day of periods. What there is any chance of pregnancy.
Binge drinking is a problem that has been noticed nowadays in many teenagers and youngsters. Whether it is at an event or a party, drinking high doses of alcohol in one sitting is known as binge drinking.
Binge Drinking in Women Is Different from Men
Binge drinking for men is the consumption of more than five alcoholic beverages in one sitting. But the case is different for women. For women binge drinking is defined as a woman consuming more than four alcoholic beverages in a single sitting. Also, it has been found in a survey that almost 75% of the binge drinkers are college students. Among these, the ratio of men is much higher than women.
What Leads to Binge Drinking?
- Lack of control: One of the most common reasons is, of course, the lack of control. When such a person comes in contact with alcohol, they tend to over drink because they have no control over their drinking.
- The weekend fun: Secondly, another reason is seen in the case of youngsters between the age of 18 years to 35 years. These are youngsters who have a tendency of meeting friends and going out on weekends after the week’s toil. They know that after this weekend they will be able to enjoy their favorite bottle only in the next weekend. Hence, they binge drink.
Results of Binge Drinking
It becomes difficult to check how much alcohol will affect a person, because it depends on various factors, such as height, weight, age and also at times, alcohol tolerance of the person. But of course, there are some common results of binge drinking. Some of such results are:
- Unintended and unprotected sex leading to pregnancy or even STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) in some cases
- Accidents that may lead to severe injuries and even death at times
- Physical or mental assault of others that the person may regret later on.
When Is Help Required?
When the person has a habit of driving after drinking, neglecting family and doing harm to others as well, help is surely needed. Here, short 4-5 sessions with a therapist may help. A regular drinking habit is no doubt a reason to worry. But binge drinking is another reason that can lead to bigger problems and hence, needs to be examined closely too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Surrogacy is a boon for couples who cannot conceive naturally or give birth to a child. Surrogacy is a process in which a woman's unfertilized eggs are implanted into the uterus of another woman who is called the surrogate mother. The egg is fertilized in the surrogate mother's uterus with the biological father's sperm. The surrogate mother lets the child develop in her womb and gives birth. Although, there are various medical treatments available, but not all of them have a high success rate.
The two primary methods of surrogacy are:
- Traditional surrogacy: In this process, the surrogate mother is artificially inseminated with the sperm, which belongs to the biological father of the baby. The sperm gets implanted into the surrogate mother's uterus and the child develops in her womb.
- Gestational surrogacy: For women who want to have a biological child in spite of being incapable of pregnancy, the gestational surrogacy method is used. During the process, in-vitro fertilization is undertaken and the eggs from the woman who wants to become a biological mother are harvested. The eggs, along with the sperm from the biological father are implanted into the uterus of a surrogate mother, who will carry the embryo and will give birth to the child.
Process involved in surrogacy:
Here are the several processes and procedures, which need to be undertaken, after you have chosen a surrogate mother for carrying your child.
- Medical testing: After a surrogate mother is chosen, the woman goes through several health checkups, medical and psychological tests to ensure that she gives birth to a healthy child.
- Legal agreements: There are several legal considerations that have to be addressed for a surrogacy. All the legal requirements regarding the surrogacy should be written down. Some issues include both the surrogate mother and the biological parents. A financial contract must be presented as well, which will reimburse the medical expenses and requirements of the surrogate mother.
- Medical process: The medical processes required for surrogacy include in-vitro fertilization and the transfer of the eggs, which are done in a clinic under the supervision of a reproductive endocrinologist. The eggs are transferred to the uterus of the surrogate, where fertilization takes place after combining it with the sperms of the biological father.
- Pregnancy and birth: After successful fertilization, the surrogate mother gets pregnant. Proper care and precautions should be taken by her to ensure a successful birth. Finally, the surrogate mother gives birth to a child, who belongs to the biological parents.
This method of having a child has become very popular in the recent times. It is a great blessing for people who cannot conceive due to medical conditions or otherwise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
February month me period nhi Hui kyn ki medicine like period extension Kiya Tha. March me 2 bar period Hui So February XXX (period nhi Hui) March me 2 nd March & Fir March k last me 28 th March March month me 2 bar period hua 2 nd March 28th March Period length 4 din ovulation date kab hogi?
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Does Tsh of 5.54 cause a difficulty in conceiving. I was diagnosed with it a month back and taking thyrobless as per doctor's prescription. How long it would take to reach normal level and conceive?
Mere pregnancy ka 4th month chal raha he. Doctor ne bataya ki bachha neeche ki taraf he. Bachha Neeche ki taraf hona dangerous to nahi he? Aur bachha upar ki taraf kab aayega?
Hello Doctor, I am 30year old Female, after my delivery knee pain start. My daughter is 3.5years old. I am working or walk properly or best only in sleeping time it is pain.
Arthritis is caused by the inflammation of the joint lining and gives rise to pain, stiffness, warmth and redness in the joints. Major types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and gout.
Here are some tips, which help you in preventing arthritis:
- Exercise: Strengthening your muscles around your joint decreases the pressure on the joint. If there is less pressure on the joint, then the chances of arthritis are reduced. The best way to decrease pressure on the joint and strengthen your muscles is to exercise.
- Take Omega-3 fatty acids: Research proves that the regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, present in fish, result in decreased risks of rheumatoid arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in foods such as olive oil and walnuts.
- Eat ginger and broccoli: Ginger and broccoli are two of the most therapeutic foods for various reasons and the chances of getting arthritis are also proven to reduce due to these foods.4. Avoid injury Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.
- Take Vitamins: Vitamins are crucial, especially A, C and D. Vitamin A can be found in carrots. vitamin D can yet again be found in fish while vitamin C can be found in strawberries, mangoes, pineapples and oranges.
- Avoid injury: Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.