Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alka JainYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend finished her last day of her cycle on july 21st and I had unprotected sex with her on 31st july might she will get pregnant ? And also I want details of safe days to have unprotected sex with her ,her menstrual cycle period is of 26 days.
I have a question regarding my future marriage life. Me and my girlfriends blood group are same that was b positive, is there any problem occurs to get a baby?please help me can I really get baby after marriage?
There are various reasons that might cause issues in bed, most of which are psychological. Anxiety and self-doubts majorly affect your mind and as a result, you might face problems in your sex life. Reproduction has little to do with a great and pleasurable sex life. Lack of intimacy or lack of sex may cause the couple in question to drift apart. Conflicts may arise and they might face other relationship problems. This makes sex an important aspect, as identifying the issues you have in bed might not only solve your sex-related problems, but it also makes life better in various other ways.
Possible reasons for having issues in bed
- Laziness: This is a major concern. Lack of enthusiasm and laziness can be reasons why you face issues in bed. Taking initiative is the main point when it comes to sex. If you notice that your partner is no longer taking initiative, this is the point where you indulge in self-doubts and this leads to sexual performance anxiety.
- Lack of emotional connection: The emotional connection between you and your partner plays a vital role. Emotional and physical compatibility are directly proportional. A couple who is not emotionally compatible cannot have the expected level of physical intimacy. Communication, some alone time, romantic dates or simply watching a movie together might strengthen the level of emotional connection, thereby solving issues in bed.
- Lack of self-confidence: Body image is a major factor that influences self-confidence when it comes to sex. Body changes are inevitable and you might not be in the same weight throughout. Your level of fitness keeps on varying and this should really not be a problem when it comes to sex. Complementing each other is important. If that does not work out, you can opt for couple exercises and get fit or maintain your optimum weight together with your partner.
- Parenting: In the case of women who are parenting, they are preoccupied with various other work and they might not be very much involved in sex as they used to be. This might cause issues between the partners. Again, this is when you communicate how you feel about it. Working things out is simple, but communicating the issue is the real solution.
- Frequency problems: There might be a problem when one person in a relationship feels that the other does not want to have sex as frequently as he or she wants it. The number of times you want to have sex and the time when you want to have sex may differ. These differences should be worked out. Catering to the needs and desires of one and another is important for the success of the relationship, both physically and emotionally.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 21 year old female, I am a pregnant of 1 month, I don't want this pregnancy, please tell me what medicines should I take to remove my pregnancy? What fruits should I take to remove pregnancy.
I'm 29 yrs old, married, no kid. Trying for a kid. Suffering from pcod, shall I go for laproscopy. Does it works?
Thanks for your response. I forgot to mention the current doctor is suggesting to for IVF while taking AKT treatment. Is it suggestive? As left ovary is removed still she has a chance to have dermoid re occur? How many month we can wait and try for normal pregnancy after completing AKT treatment before visiting IVF?
I'm a diabetic patient I have miscarriage on 16 th feb and how much time to again conceive So please explain me can I trying to pregnant in 1 and a half month.
Pls help me am very stressed. I had sex with ma gf 2 weeks back then I give her a I pill after 4 hr after sex. Her period date is 9,10. But she didn't get bleeding
You are feeling under the weather, and you wish you could eat something fried or processed right now to feel better. But that may not be the smartest thing to do! Read on to know more about what you should avoid eating when you are sick.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea, don’t go anywhere near sweet foods made of artificial sweeteners, since sorbitol (a kind of artificial sweetener) isn’t digestible and can instigate diarrhea. Also, avoid foods that can trigger bloating and gas, such as apples, onion, broccoli, beans and cabbages. Dairy, caffeine and alcohol can also provoke diarrhoea.
- Don’t consume dairy products, chocolate, pain medications and iron supplements if you are constipated.
- If you are nauseous, don’t eat greasy, oily or spicy foods. Avoid carbonated drinks, caffeine and alcohol as well.
- If you are having difficulties in swallowing due to a sore throat, hot fluids are by far the most beneficial. Not only do they help soothe your sore throat, but they're also known to loosen mucus, which may help relieve other symptoms such as congestion and stuffiness, often accompanying a sore throat, so consider eating soup or drinking hot water to alleviate the pain, and scratchy, hard foods such as granola, potato chips and nuts. Acidic juices made from vegetables and fruits, such as grape juice or orange juice, can also aggravate a sore throat.
- When your body aches, don’t grab that cup of espresso or that glass of whiskey, since both caffeine and alcohol can dehydrate the body, thereby worsening the pain.
- Stay away from artificial sweeteners, aged chesses, MSG (monosodium glutamate which is found in soy sauce), chocolate, red wine and processed meat, if you have a headache. MSG has been linked to blood pressure which can cause headaches.
- Dairy products, processed or packaged foods, should be avoided if you have an earache.
- If you have an allergy, don’t consume milk, wheat, soy, berries, eggs, tomatoes, fish, nuts, chocolates and nuts. These foods commonly cause itching.
- You might have cold, or your nose won’t stop running. A hot broth or hot tea will give you comfort, but you should avoid spicy foods and alcohol. Spicy foods actually aggravate a runny nose.
- Flu, sinus or cold infection can inflame and irritate nasal blood vessels, making you feel like your nose is blocked. Avoid sugar and spicy foods if you have a congested nose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
It is possible sperm go through clothes when I rubbed my penis in my gf pussy and my sperm discharge in my underwear.
So here are the 7 best ways to use them -
1. The blood purifier
Tired of covering up those zits with concealer every morning? it's time to tackle the root cause of acne by purifying your blood from inside to get healthy skin on the outside. Take two cloves of raw garlic with some warm water everyday, early in the morning and consume a lot of water the entire day. If you're looking to shed some pounds, squeeze the juice of half a lemon in a glass of luke warm water and have it with 2 cloves of garlic in the mornings. Garlic will help to cleanse your system and flush out toxins.
2. Cold and flu
Garlic is going to provide you relief from that stubborn cold and flu (yes, they absolutely love you and never want to leave). Taking 2-3 cloves of raw or cooked garlic a day or sipping some garlic tea (with a touch of honey or ginger to lift up the taste) is not only going to relieve a stuffed nose and cure the cold but also build your immunity one of the earliest uses of garlic was by meat-eaters because it was believed that meat could cause infection which garlic could fight off from the body. More commonly used by labourers who are exposed to infections and disease-friendly environments till recently, its plethora of health benefits has made white-collar workers also take to it"
"Garlic can be added to hot stews, broths and soups to fight sinusitis, cold and flu. And garlic is best had in its raw state"
3. Prevention of heart disease
Consuming garlic on a daily basis (in food or raw) helps to lower cholesterol levels because of the anti-oxidant properties of allicin. It is also immensely beneficial to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels. It is essential to remember that the sulphur-containing compound allicin tends to lose its medicinal properties when garlic is cooked whole. It is imperative to consume garlic raw or semi-cooked to derive any of its benefits.
4. Anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic
Garlic is one of the best kept medicinal treasures of the past era - it has been used as an antibiotic to treat bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections for the last 7,000 years. Studies suggest diluted garlic extract helps children with tapeworm infections. A garlic-based mouthwash may not sound like fresh, minty breath but a very small quantity of its extracts is sufficient to ward off cavity-causing bacteria.
5. Cancer prevention
Several studies have indicated an association between daily consumption of garlic and prevention of stomach and colorectal cancers. It is said to strengthen the immunity of the body against cancer.
6. For skin and hair
The invigorating properties of garlic protect the skin from the effect of free radicals and slow down the depletion of collagen which leads to loss of elasticity in aging skin. Applied topically, garlic does wonders to skin infected with fungal infections and provides relief from skin ailments like eczema. It is also an effective remedy for fungal infections like athlete's foot and ringworms.
All of us know about the wonders of onion for hair but its brother, garlic is no less of a hero for your thinning mane. Well, its surprise time. Rubbing crushed garlic extract on your scalp or massaging with garlic-infused oil is known to prevent and even reverse hair loss.
Many of garlic's astounding uses were forgotten in the folds of time but users (and believers) still vouch for the lesser-known benefits. One of them is against stubborn splinters. Place a piece of cut garlic over the splinter cut and cover with a bandage- and voila! bye-bye splinter.
1. Asthma patients should not consume garlic as it may have side-effects.
2. Garlic should be avoided before surgeries or medical operations.
3. Do not consume more than 2-3 garlic cloves in a day without consulting a doctor.
Hello doctor I am 38 weeks pregnant but no sing of labour my baby head is not fixed can we induce labor for normal delivery.
Health benefits of wheat bran
1. Snooze and lose those extra pounds
Like any dietary fiber, wheat bran can play a key role in losing and maintaining weight by staving off your hunger pangs. Wheat bran regulates your appetite and leaves you feeling full and satisfied. This mechanism directly promotes less food intake and also aids healthy eating and weight management.
2. Eat for a happier gut
Including wheat bran in your daily diet keeps you regular. If you are often constipated, adding more of wheat bran to your diet can get things moving. 3
It helps improve your overall digestive health by reducing constipation, hemorrhoids, leakage of stool, and other gastrointestinal disorders.
3. Be heart healthy
High blood pressure causes excess strain and damages your arteries. Consuming wheat bran has shown significant reductions in blood pressure. It has been associated with decreased cardiovascular risk and slower progression of cardiovascular diseases. Making wheat bran a part of your overall diet may help improve blood cholesterol levels, and lower risk of heart disease, stroke, obesity and diabetes.
4. Fight cancer with diet changes
Studies have proved that diets containing wheat bran are protective against colon cancer development. Wheat bran fights colon cancer in a three step process:
- The first one being the dilution of potential carcinogens. Wheat bran, high in insoluble fiber, promotes bulky stools that reduce the chances of carcinogens accessing your colon lining.
- Secondly, it accelerates bowel movements through the colon, which means the rapid movement reduces access of the colon cells to stool constituents. The third step involves its fermentation effect. The short-chain fatty acids reduce cancer formation and growth.
- Wheat bran is a concentrated source of antioxidants and phytochemicals. These compounds effectively fight free radical damage and prevent serious conditions like cancer, while keeping the healthy cells intact.
What do we mean by Polycystic Ovaries?
Ans: Poly means many (multiple) and cysts are fluid-filled areas. Thus, a woman with polycystic ovaries will have a higher number of follicles (immature eggs which look like small cysts) in her ovaries. Because of more follicles growing in her ovaries, these appear larger in size on ultrasound. It is like to accommodate more number of students in a classroom, we need a larger room.
Polycystic ovaries are very common affecting 20 in 100 (20%) of women.
Having polycystic looking ovaries on ultrasound does not mean you have a polycystic ovary syndrome. Only around 6 or 7 in 100 (6 - 7%) of women with polycystic ovaries have PCOS and we need to look at other symptoms and hormones to diagnose this condition.