Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alka FernandesYour feedback matters!
Sir my baby is two month old milk is not enough for my baby should I give her formula milk. Or can I start giving her cow s milk. And in wat quantity should I give. Please suggest.
My baby is completed his 2 year 2 month and I want to stop breastfeeding but it's not possible for me as well as for my baby what should I do I want to stop feed him please suggest me some solution.
My son 5 yr old my padetricin told me he is hyper active. I have consult with neurologist they advice me only for therapy no medicines require. But I consult with psychologist they advice medicine what should I do please advice me.
A few months ago, my daughter (8 months) develop continuous fever for 5 days then rashes, sore tongue and throat. The doctor diagnosed as measles. Fever stop on the day rashes appears. Now again she developed fever for 3 days then rashes appears. Fever is continuous without skip in between. Her temperature is around 102 fah this morning. Fever still persist. The rashes are exactly the same as before. All over body. Refused breast milk and food, but still alert and cheerful when fever comes down with acetaminophen, as it have been always before. What is the diagnosis of this condition. What is the treatment.
Dear Dr. My son is 6 year old. Now he is in 2nd standard since April 2017. From last one year, he is not writing anything in all subject. Teachers always complains about it. But he is not listening to teachers as well as us. He talks & understand well. We tried a lot at home for writing practice, but no results. His concentration towards writing is almost Nil. Please give the suggestion that how to come out from this problem.
My 3 & half year old daughter is a healthy child but she has motions cleared at an interval of 2 -3 days. This has been going on from a month now. Is that normal? or I need to give her any medicine for regular motions. Please suggest.
My baby is of 2 months now. Due to insufficient breast milk I give her Nan pro formula milk as her feed. 3 times I feed her breast milk and 6 to 7 times I feed her formula milk. Why she have gas problem and secondly can I feed her with bottle during giving her the formula milk?
I am going to get my daughter (11 months old) TCV (Typhoid) vaccinated but before that I heard this is very effective but after shot, fever is there with twice compare to others vaccines. Are there any more concerns shall I be worried about and shall I get my daughter vaccinated? please advice.
Which is best home remedies immunity systems for 5 years child he is suffering from asthmatic allergy by dust, chocolates,cakes n all. I use to give him huff puff (asthalin) whenever he get allergy at night specially.
My daughter is 7 years old and she is having bed wetting problem. Please do suggest me what should I do ?
My two months old son used to do potty once in a day as per routine, in morning only. But now after his vaccination I am observing he does potty 3-4 times a day. And his diet and feed demands has also increased. Is it a positive sign in his growth or some problem is there, as elders used to say that as the baby grows he does lesser potty, usually once in a day or in two days? Kindly help.
My son was born in eight months itself. But his weight was normal. He was 2.5kg. There was no respiration problem also. Everything was normal for him. But his legs will shiver sometime. When I consulted with my doctor, she said as he was premature he may have less strength in his legs and he'll be fine after six months. As she said after six months there was no shivering. In his fifth month he rolled over. Eighth month he started to crawl. Ninth month started to stand with the support of sofa and chair. From tenth month he started to stand on his own for just 5 secs. Now he is eleven and a half months old. Now he can stand alone for more than a minute and also be walks with the support of chair or wall from tenth month itself. When will he start to walk on his own? Will there be any problem for walking because of the shivering?
My baby is 7 months old only she was suffering from loose motions from last 2 days we have consulted Dr. He suggested medicine darolac and zenflox oz. What ever food we are feeding that is directly coming in motion. Please give me suggestion.
Sleeping trouble & bed wetting by my son of 9 years having tonsils problem as well. We sits up while sleeping also and snores as well.
Hi I'm Naveen 23 male .Is milk really help to me b'coz some doctor said Cows milk is for baby cows and not humans. Milk is needed only till your weaning period is over after birth. That is 1-1.5 years after birth. No animal drinks the milk of another animal. Which one is correct can I take milk?
Hi sir. My baby is 15 months old. He had a vaccine of typbar psv on 31 /1/16 from a good doctor in delhi And yesterday only I.e on 19th June one of the doctors in haryana applied him the 2nd doze. Of typbar psv and a doze of MMR 1$ ,he is having pain on his right leg and he vomited 2 times yesterday after eating some solid. He is having fever also.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.