Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AlishaYour feedback matters!
Description: botanical name of kounch is mucuna pruriens. Also known as kapikachu, cowhage, cowitch, velvet beans, buffalo beans, picapica. Kounch has been used in almost every medicine which are helpful in aphrodiciac.
-act as a aphorodisiac hence helpful in male sexual problems
-as a health suppilment as it helps in deposition of protein in muscles
-it helps to restore mental alertness and coordination
-act as good nervine tonic
-it can be used as antihelminthic.
I want to do bikini waxing but it's more painful. I prepare the wax in home itself but it's becoming messy can I buy from stores is it safe?
डिअर मेम मेरी शादी 22 जनवरी को हुई है कुछ दिन सेक्स किआ 10 वे दिन मेरा टाइम पीरियड आ गया तो प्लीज आप बताये क्या करे?कुछ और जानकारी भी चाइये 1.बिना कोंडोम कब सेक्स कर सकते हे? 2.रोजाना कोंडोम के साथ सेक्स करने से कोई प्रॉब्लम हो सकती है क्या? 3.कोंडोम के अलावा कोई और तरीका है जिसे सेफ सेक्स किया जा सके?4.टाइम पीरियड में भी सैक्स कर सकते हे क्या?
I had a sex with my gf when she was on her 4th day of her periods. I didn't ejaculate the sperms inside. However my gf is feared of her chances getting pregnant and more importantly she took ipill with 3 hours of sex and she 23 years old. Pls let me know wat are chances of her getting pregnant. She is really scared.
From past 6 months I started suffering from very heavy weakness and sever pain on upper n lower back during my period Would like to reason n medicine.
My wife is suffering from irregular blooding problem. Sometimes it happen that she have her periods for more than 10 days regularly. Although she is taking medicines since a long time but still no improvement. Pls help and suggest what to do? Thanks! Arpit Kr Mishra.
I am an 18 year old female who is suffering from some discomfort in my urinary tract. In the middle of February I started having sensations of incomplete and frequent peeing going to the toilet more often than normal. I consumed a herbal Ayurvedic syrup for a few days and my discomfort stopped. The same problem started again in the month of March and April. I find that whenever I release vaginal fluids such as during menstruation or ovulation these urinary symptoms come again. In May I started to take antibiotic for the first time but it did not work and then I switched to taking cranberry and D mannose capsules. It worked to some extent as I could sleep reasonably well at night without having to urgently pee all the time. But when my periods started the symptoms are worse with more frequent and incomplete voiding. I have NO pain nor have I experienced bleeding. My urine is a healthy pale yellow color as I drink lot of water but the peeing is frequent and incomplete and I feel a constant pressure to avoid lot of the time. I don't have other bodily symptoms. I am worried what all this could mean.
For maintaining the spinal cord in its correct alignment during pregnancy, women should actively involve themselves in pilates, yoga, water aerobics or physiotherapy.
I am 42 years female unmarried and since last two times my periods are getting delayed. Please let me know what are the reason and how I can regularize my menstruation cycle with the help of herbals which are easily available in the market?
I am 49 years old having high serum triglyceride (350). Kindly advise me homeopathic medicine for reduction of the same ?
Are you experiencing reduced libido along with intense dryness in your genitals? Loss of libido is a tough thing to cope with in women. In spite of having a great sex life, your vaginal area can become nonresponsive because of several reasons. You might not even know what is happening and the reasons which are causing the condition. These conditions are common in the menopause stage in women.
Reasons for decreased libido and vaginal dryness:
1. Several changes occur in a woman’s body during the menopause stage. The sex hormones, which include estrogen and progesterone start decreasing. This may lower your libido, cause vaginal dryness and affect your sex life to a great extent.
2. Testosterone is the sex hormone which turns you on or gets you into the mood for having sex. When the production of this hormone is insufficient, the urge for having sex gets affected and reaching an orgasm gets even harder.
3. The decrease in estrogen production causes several physical changes in a woman. The blood circulation to your sexual organs gets reduced, making you less sensitive to any kind of sexual stimulation. It also leads to vaginal dryness. The walls of the vagina also become thin due to which penetration may get painful.
Remedies for decreased libido
1. You should start practicing breathing exercises and do meditation for at least thirty minutes every day. This will enable you to eliminate stress, which is a primary trigger for decreased libido.
2. For balancing the estrogen levels, you should consume phytoestrogenic tea and supplements. Some important herbs which you should take include black cohosh, red clover and dong quai.
3. You should also consume aphrodisiac food items. Garlic is such a food item, which contains allicin and increases the blood flow to the vagina. Dark chocolate can also be taken.
Remedies for vaginal dryness
Several conventional vaginal lubricants may lead to irritation, infection and dryness of the vagina.
1. You should always use a natural lubricant, which is not associated with side effects and works effectively. Natural lubricants such as tea tree oil, coconut oil and vitamin E based oils provide effective vaginal lubrication. They also moisturize and repair the vagina.
2. You must keep fit and active. Regular cardio or yoga sessions will help with enhanced blood flow to your sexual organs, making you feel wet.
3. You should drink plenty of water and always stay hydrated in order to prevent dryness in the vagina.
Most importantly, it is a good idea to continue having sex. If you shy away and do not make any effort, the problem of decrease in libido will continue. Therefore, sex is the best way of encouraging your body. Proper communication with your partner is also necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I got married in 2013. After two months I became pregnant. But because of personal issues I lost it. Now I m not conceiving? What are the causes and treatments?
I had lot of hair thick hair now due to pcod I am losing more hair what should I do I am taking homeopathy medicines for pcod.
I'm 44 year old .My wife period time blood west is high minimum 8 to 10 days last 3 months problem so please help
Hello Doctor, I suddenly found that's my breasts are getting lump, but it is painful. Please help me.
I am 47+ of age and am having sudden heavy flow even after 5 days during periods this month. What should I do?
Have you been trying hard to conceive, but in vain. Then here are 3 things you can do increase your chance of getting pregnant:
- Keeping track of the ovulation period: Even though regular sex throughout the month is advised, it is certainly more fruitful to know your cycle. You can only get pregnant when the sperm meets the egg, and the egg is only released around the 14th day in your cycle. This egg lives only for a day or two, so you have a limited window when you can actually get pregnant. Typically this window is approximately of 6 days, so it's best to have sex in this period. But it's important not get obsessive and put too much pressure to have sex on these days as the stress can reduce sperm quality. So be mindful of it and still enjoy the activity rather than being obsessive. There are several free apps that you can download to help you track your cycle.
- Have missionary sex at least once every 2-3 days: The key is to have regular unprotected sex for over a year. The success rate for this is 84%. It is advised that you have sex every two to three days in every month of the year, and it's not necessary to stick to only those days for having sex when the woman is ovulating. Further, a spiced up sex life can increase your chances of the girl getting pregnant. As for the position, the missionary position works best as it helps the sperm on travelling through the cervix, which in any other position proves to be difficult. You can make the path of the sperm even easier by placing a cushion under the woman as it tilts the uterus, allowing the sperm to travel through more easily.
- Try de-stressing: Psychological preparedness is as important as physical preparedness to maximise your chances of getting pregnant. These days couples lead very hectic and stressful lifestyles in which trying to get pregnant can only add to their stress levels. Increased stress lowers egg passage in women. Besides, trying too hard to get pregnant and the stress that it creates is the reason behind 30% of all infertility problems. In such cases, destressing by exercising, yoga, meditation or acupuncture is a good idea.