Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Alfven E. VieiraYour feedback matters!
I have back pain in lower part. I do believe it due to my regular and continue work on computer. Please suggest
I am Kanchan, I had a stomach surgery last week. I am taking digeplex for food indigestion. Is it ok to take back to back? Or should I take intervals? What is the correct dosage I can take in a day? How long should I take this medicine for?
Oftenly My knees and feet remain cold compared to rest of my body. And usually I have headaches when I wake up.
Hai. This is sairam. I am 22 years old. From the last 20 days I am suffering with leg pain. Can you give me any suggestion. than.
I got an accident 2 months ago I badly injured and got my middle hand finger fractured. Now finger is jointed but it not fold properly what should I do?
I have been suffering from lower back pain for the last few months. Acute back spasm was diagnosed and I was advised complete bed rest with physiotherapy and medicines. The x-ray didn't report anything serious as well It's been sometime now I still feel pain in my back with the pain sometime increasing towards the thigh muscles as well. Is there any sort of exercise/medication that I should undertake on a longer term? It's affecting my travel plans to work a lot.
My mother recently developed pain in joints specially in interphalyngeal joints. She took a glass of lemon with warm water in the morning daily for 1 month. After which she developed these joint pains. She is a known diabetic, hypertensive, hypothyroid, and dyslipedimia patient and on medication for them. All the medical conditions are under normal values (she follows a good diet, takes regular medications and does her lab tests and medical checkups regularly) my question is. What could be the possible cause? does taking lemon water causes weakness? her triglycerides, cholesterol, hdl levels were in upper limit and now after taking lemon water for 1 month her lipid profile has decreases to. Triglycerides 100mg/dl, hdl 44 mg/dl, sr. Cholesterol 120mg/dl. She is using tab. Atocar f for dyslipidemia. Thankyou in advance for your patience to go through this lengthy question:-)
I am suffering lower back pain and left leg pain every day I take high power painkillers if I don't take painkiller I can't walk also, In MRI scam L4 and L5 bit problem, one of doctor said to me sayatic.
Chronic back pain may occur due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it may be due to conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis and at other times, it may be due to an injury or a slip disc caused by such an injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can also trigger chronic back pain. There are numerous ways of dealing with chronic back pain, which may be debilitating, if not treated properly.
10 ways of managing this pain.
- Medication: One of the ways of managing chronic back pain is with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs as well as pain killers like ibuprofen. However, do keep in mind that these medicines must be consumed only if they are prescribed by the doctor. Anticonvulsants and anti-depressants can also help in preventing pain that emanates from the nerves of the region.
- Surgery: Surgery can be done by the doctors in case the pain is extreme and severe. This kind of surgery usually aims at implanting devices and tools that can support the slipped disc, which may cause pinched nerves.
- Electrotherapy: This kind of therapy can help in reducing pain by releasing low-voltage electric stimulation that helps in dealing with the sensory nervous system.
- Exercises: Muscle strengthening exercises will help in a better balance. Also, other physiotherapy exercises can help in reducing back pain significantly by targeting the points that create pain and by pinching of the nerves.
- Relaxation techniques: There are a number of relaxation techniques that one can turn to so as to reduce the pain. This pain can also be managed with the help of meditation and breathing exercises, which can serve as an alternative means of treatment.
- Rest: With proper rest, one can do away with chronic pain. Yet, if it is a nerve-based issue, then the doctor may ask you not too lie down for long stretches and to walk regularly so that inflammation and pain does not set in.
- Heat: Heat therapy or heat compresses as well as hot water bags can be used for pain relief.
- Prolotherapy: In this method, an irritant solution is injected into the back so as to stimulate better blood circulation. This process also aids in faster ligament repair.
- Opioid fusion pump installation: These pumps are surgically implanted so that opioid agents are delivered straight to the spinal cord, which can treat and manage chronic back pain.
- Injections: These are usually considered as blocks that deliver steroids to the ligaments and joints. Also, one may have to take corticosteroid injections in order to deal with a very painful case. These epidural injections are usually best for temporary relief. One will need more long term treatment or management methods in order to effectively deal with and reduce pain.