Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Alen AlmidaYour feedback matters!
I feel like I have a swelling around liver (right site) And I have also two kidney stone (5.6. 11.5mm) and also uric acid value 9 What is your recommendation Thanking you Naresh.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Dear sir/madam, I want a much needed suggestion from your organisation or any of your doctor through you. My father, had undergone a kidney transplantation 3 months ago in hospital, new delhi .my mother was the donor. He was on dialysis for 2 years and had diabetes from last 20 yrs. After the transplant the situation become worse and now his creatinine level and potassium is increasing continuously. He had been admitted several times since the transplant but after discharge the situation becomes same after some days. We have nothing left now and not able to admit him again now but still trying to gather the money .we are financially suppressed and do not know what to do my mom and me thought that father will be healthy after the transplant but. The medicines he is currently taking are tacrolimus, cellcept ,nodosis ,emmerset, ulgel and some other medicines with regular insulin. Creatinine and potassium is increasing continuously and pus cells are observed in the report. He is not able to digest anything and vomits as soon as he takes food moreover on and off fever is observed and sometimes traces of blood and bulgam are observed in the vomit. He is very weak and blood is also less in his body. I can't see my father is these conditions. I beg for your help in any way. Please I will be forever thankful to you
I want to know if someone is diagnosed with chlamydia, but has had it for months or even years can it become a disease or can it get worse if left untreated can you die?
urine me jalan hai aur back side pe pain rehta hai aur penis aur hips k beech me v dard hota hai pesab ruk ruk k bhi aata hai.
I'm 28 years old I have stone problem in my both kidney I have gone through operation also again this problem arises what to do.
When I did the Urine Examination the Bood In Urine is Positive. Doctor asked me to do the Abdoman Utrasound and it was normal. Once more I checked the urine examination and still the result is positive. now I feel small pain in the penis while urinate
I have kidney stone with uti infection I have pain in my both side. I had bleeding before my periods and after that I am not feeling good.
Taking Viagra 50 mg will leads to any side effect and also is it will effect the person with kidney stones.
Hi I am 26 years old and I have kidney stones ans also pimples makes on my face please advice me for some ayurvedic medicine.
I am 71 years of age n suffering from frequent urination. Any delay leads to some drops leakage. Please suggest treatment n test for prostate problem n over active bladder. No surgery Please.
I'm 23 year old male (Currently staying in bangalore), From last 8 months while sitting on the toilet tub small white substance is passing through the urin and i'm very scared and shy to consult doctors about this issues. Please help me with this issues. Please tell me surgery is needed or can cure with tablets. I'm very scared about this and i'm from Bangalore so how can I contact doctors over the phone or gmail.
Dr. My mother is suffering from excessive peeing at night, she is used to go washroom at night at least 6-7 times. It's been happening from 10 years, some Dr. Did not find the actual problem which she faces in her past years even then now. Also my mother had recently got operation of gallbladder stone in april 2016. She didn't have sugar problem. But have a hypo thyroid disease from 5 years and taking medicine for that. She is 47 years old and have 70 kg body weight, 5 ft in height. Please given me some home remedies also consultation advice for this problem. Thank you.
My father is suffering from frequent urination problem and he is not able to control the urine when it comes. His age is 74. What could be the problem and how to solve this problem?
Our kidneys act as filters which constantly flushes out toxins and excess minerals with water in form of urine. Urine contains lots of minerals which may precipitate and form stones. Urine has lots of pro-precipitating agents and anti-precipitating agents. When their balance disturbs due to some disease, stones start forming. These stones may often lead to abdominal pain which is referred to as renal colic.
What exactly is renal colic?
Renal or ureteric colic is the term used for typical pain in one side of abdomen in flank region starting from back and radiating forward towards lower abdomen up to scrotum. This is usually associated with nausea, vomiting and urinary discomfort. There may be blood in urine.
How kidney stones are related to renal colic?
Kidney stones usually form inside kidney and lies there without causing any pain. But whenever they are dislodged and stuck at mouth of kidney (pelvis) or anywhere in ureter, they block the passage of urine of that kidney. This causes swelling in kidney termed as hydronephrosis. This swelling in kidney causes renal / ureteric colic. This colic is protective phenomenon and tries to push out the stones. Small stones do come out in urine by this natural process. This spontaneous expulsion of small stones is common and many local practitioners used to get credit of it feigning benefit of their medicine. However large stones need some form of intervention to come out. Otherwise, they do harm to kidneys in long term.
Symptoms of kidney stones along with renal /ureteric colic -
- Most stones which are lying in calyces of kidney are asymptomatic
- Nausea & vomiting
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Fever with chills
- Foul smelling urine
- Hesitency, frequency and burning in urination
- Blood in urine (urine with a reddish, pink or brownish hue)
- Passage of small stones in urine
Treatment of renal colic
Treatment of ureteric/renal stones involves control of symptoms and stone removal.
- Expectant Treatment or Medical Expulsion Therapy: Small stones of less than 4 mm size usually pass on its own and some medicines like alpha-blockers and steroid hasten up their expulsion. Medium size stone (4-6 mm), sometimes passes with aid of these medications. But stones larger than 6 mm usually require intervention.
- Lithotripsy: This method involves breaking of stones by shock waves into small dusty particles which pass through urine on its own. This is usually suitable for stones upto 1.5 cm and lying in kidneys. This is non-operative treatment which can be done on OPD or Daycare basis.
- Ureteroscopy (URS): This method involves entry of very thin semirigid scope through urethra into ureter. Stone is broken by LASER and removed. This involves single day admission and spinal anaesthesia.
- RIRS- Retrograde Intra Renal Surgery: In this method very thin flexible scope in maneuvered through urethra into the upper ureter and pelvi-calyceal system of kidney. Stones in kidney or upper ureter are broken by LASER and removed. This is also done under anaesthesia and requires a day admission.
- Mini- PCNL: This method is suitable for large renal stones. In this technique, a small hole is made into the kidney through back and tiny scope is entered into the kidney. Stones are broken by LASER and removed. This is done under anaesthesia and require two to three days admission. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.