Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Alan AlmeidaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am facing too much stomach pain due to stone problem. Please tell me what should I do for getting overcome this pain?
Since 5 days. I am experiencing pain in my lower stomach & back pain as when as a burning sensation when I pass urine. I feel nauseous most of time and. I had lost my appetite when it happened on the frst day Plss help me.
Hello sir. I have problems in urine. When I going to toilet after last finishing time little pain .then I checked up urine analysis. Report is showing. PROTEINS-present (+),PUC (WBC) CELLS-8-10, CASTS-occasional granular cast seen. All results are absent. What should I do. please advice.
I want to do suicide because of what happened and happening to me. I am experiencing frequent urination problem and problem in my urethra and penis. I have weak and thin flow of urine. Am very depressed. Do not wanna live.Please tell sir .
I am a 18 year old boy. I am having urine urgency problem from last 2 years. Please help me out of this problem. As now I hav passed high school n hav to go to out station for studies. Please help me out to get rid of it.
Hi, I have kidney stone in one kidney of 4 mm. Can you please help me to know what should I eat and stop so that stone size gets decreased or don't increase.
I am 31 weeks pregnant .suddenly I have started severe pain in right side to Lower abdominal pain vomiting ,motion .immeditaly I visited to clinic of my Gynecologist after examination she said it in not to relate pregnancy . Either food posing or kidney pain. Suggested for ultrasound . In this report right renal hydrolysis diagnosed . She give me pain killer and antibiotic and advise to contact urologist. Who has also diagnose same thing and suggest before delivery can not examine is any stone in right kidney. So just for pain relief and to remove urine blockage they inserted 5 mm stain in my urinary track. Beside this I have still pain in my right side of abdomen back to lower. What to do please suggest.
Mujhe peshab karne me thori awarodh utpan karta h. ultrasound karwaya usme urinary blader increase aya h. Please meri help kare.
Hi sir I am sreenivas I am just 23 I have been suffering from urine problem for 2 years I went to doctor First he did scoop operation It was failed I went. To another doctor He did uertroplasty on October 3 2015 Now I'm ok Is there any chance to repeat the urine problem.
Dear Doctor, I have undergone Renal Transplant on 3rd. December (ABO Barrier). Could you advice me the diet instructions?
What foods to be taken n not taken for kidney stone and polycystic ovarian disease, its just recognised a month back after a sonography of my wife, but she was having a stomach pain since 3n half year, we have 2children, 4 years n 1.1/2 yrs.
I have stone in my both kidneys. Before 7 years. I got operation 5 years ago. But knw is same problem. I have stone in my both kidneys again. So what can I do. Please give me suggetion.
I have kidney stones and what is the best exercise to do so that no need for operation? Please advise.
What are the basic hints or start of kidney problems in diabetic patients & what precautions, tests are required. Pls elaborate with maximum guidance. Thanks Regards.
I have dignosed for multiple stones in both kidney the size differ from 5-7mm. Also having 1 stone in somewhere to upper mid ureter for 11 mm. As doctor suggest I had operated on 30th apr for that 11 mm stone only, as per doctor the surgery is done by one camera sent to nearby the stone & than crushed it by laser & remove through urine, also 1 stand (pipe) inserted & suggest me to remove it after 21 days. Feeling littel fever since last 2 days. Also want to know the food which will helpful for me & which are harmfull.
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney stones
- Enlarged prostate
- Prostate cancer
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues)
Related Tip: The Ideal Diet after a Kidney Transplant