Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Akshay UpadhyayYour feedback matters!
Hello, from few days my tongue got a crack in the middle. It looks like a line.My age is 23 M. What could be the reason?
Suffering with bad breath from when I am at the age of 12 and it's continuing how to stop it. I am trying ginger a piece a day daily I heard it stops bad breath permanently ?
Hi I m 25 years old, 2 week ago I got an injury below my lower lips due to which I got stiches 3 from inside my mouth and 3from outside my mouth. Now the stiches are removes and its almost 3rd week the wound is heall but that place is got hard and look like swelling type. If I touch my lower lips it look that prt is form a shape of circle from inside so irz dfficult for me to speak normally. Would you pls suggest why ithat wound part is getting harder and look like swelling.
Hello sir, Meri age 20 sal h me pichle do tin salo se tambaku ka sevan kr rha hu mere danto m redish colour jmaa hone lgaa h sath hi ab wisdom teeth nikal rhe h .ab m tambaku ya kisi b type ka gutkha nhi khata dant hlke pile h .mujhe inhe white or healthy rkhne k liye ghrelu upaay kya krne chaiyye.
Everyday when I wake up in the morning, my mouth is filled with dirty liquid that's smell very bad and I have to split it out. What's that and why is it?
Dear sir, I have black teeth on my left side I tried brushing for 2 times still it is there please suggest remedy Thanks.
Hello Dr. I have this problem whenever I, open my mouth,could hear the breaking of jaw bone near the ear lobe and cause mild pain. What do you suggest?
I had my right lower wisdom tooth extracted one week before. It was simple extraction without any surgery n thus no stitches. Now when I apply Rexidin-M gel to that area I can feel that the skin is in much better condition. Becoming flat day by day. But I'm feeling slight pressure like sensation around my right side chin area n neck too if I lift my mouth for gargles. Not exactly pain. But if I touch my chin then slight pain n pressure like something is stretching there. Is it normal? I have checked with my doctor also the day after the tooth extraction in the next two days also, he didn't notice anything serious but now since m back to my workplace I can not check with the doctor. I ll see the doctor this weekend. Meanwhile I want to know is the symptoms normal. M taking ketrol DT whenever I experience any pain n pain becomes normal after it.
To lessen the degree of pain or soreness in the mouth during the orthodontic treatment, you can gargle with 8 ounces of lukewarm water with one teaspoonful of salt dissolved in it. Swish it around your mouth and then spit it out. It will dull the pain and provide relief.
I have locking jaw. Some times I can open my mouth and some noise comes while opening the mouth.Some times pain also.
Dear sir/ madam mere muh se smell aane ki problem h or brush krte time muh se khana nhi aata h please consult me any medicine for my treatment.
My teeth are yellow why because I don't know and I don't have any bad habits like smoking or drinking or pan I takes brush twice a day what is my problem and how to get my teeth white.
One of my teeth is paining from one week I thought that it is breaking so I also tried to break it but from that time it is moor paining What should I do!
I am having toothache problem. I dono whether it is due to sensitiveness or another. But not often, it will pain when eating snacks especially crispy items. And also often the food particles gets sticked in my teeth for which I eat badam and pista daily morning. It will sticked inside tooth and will irritate me a lot. Even I could not take that out till evening. Kindly say some solution for these problems.
Swollen gum at the back of lower left jaw Severe pain down the throat along that side Headaches that comes and goes over that side and Ear feels tight Gone to different doctors and all said it's an infection and gave antibiotics, but the swelling didn't go down neither did the pain. What should I do now?
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.