Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AkshayYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, My wife is in period now. She is afraid of sleep with me and think that it would infect me. In period time, do I need to sleep separately from her.
I have acne on my face , back and shoulders and these acne leaves a permanent mark on skin. Condition of my back is really worse. It is full of dark scars. My age is 30 and I am married and trying to conceive.Please do help
2. Sandalwood or chandan powder can also be used with lemon juice and curds as a tan remover.
3. Malai mixed with besan and lemon juice can also be used for removal of tanning especially on face and neck. Apply it as a mask for 20-30 mins and wash with luke warm water. Will help in tan removal.
I am 23 years old I am facing heavy bleeding during my periods this time. Normally my periods days ranged from 3to 4 days. This time it's still going on 5th day even. The bleeding is normal as the other days but I am not getting the reason for this.
1. Type 2 diabetes
Olive oil diet is rich in monounsaturated fats which helps protect against type 2 diabetes.
Olive oil can make it easier to control or lose weight due to its high nutrient value.
3. Heart health
Helps slow down heart aging process, antioxidants may offer protection against red blood cells damage.
4. Blood pressure
Taking olive oil on a daily basis can
Help reduce hypertension.
5. Keeps bones healthy
Helps prevent the loss of calcium related to developing osteoporosis during later years.
6. Relieving earache
Olive oil is known as being a natural remedy for earache and for dealing with ear wax.
Doctor, at the end of 9 month of my pregnancy. How much weight is required to gain? at present I have completed 5 month n my present weight is 50 kg.
Include ahas and bhas in the form of cleansers or moisturizers to erase discolorations and imperfections.
Men ek ladki ko sex kiyatha without condom, lekin semen (birya) nikalne se pehle apna pensis ko nikal liya tha, aur ek kapde men semen dala tha, to kya eise korna pregnent ka khatra hai?
Hi Dr, Can you please provide me with detail info regarding rubella vaccine? Approx cost of this? How effective this is and any side effects of this vaccine? After how many days of vaccine can I prepare to conceive? Is this normal?
My father is having shrinkage in Lt. Kidney and irregular in outline. What precautions and diet is suggested.
I have done with hydrotubation and Erosion today my Doctor has suggested for IUI treatment but we want baby from natural process than any other method. This month she has told me not to have intercourse is it possible to conceive naturally is chances of pregnancy decrease if we will try from next month will hydrotubation will and waste or has any use for further. I'm confused please help?
2. PCOS affects more than your skin.
3. Medication can help PCOS.
4. It could be a benign tumor- not PCOS
5. PCOS could be caused by the adrenal glands.
6. You can still get pregnant.
7. Bariatric surgery may reverse infertility.
8. Losing weight could help tremendously.
9. You could have sleep apnea.
10. A healthy diet is important.
11. A huge population of women are not diagnosed.
For a married couple, having a child is the next step towards completing the family picture. However, for various reasons, some attributed to the male and some to the female, this picture remains incomplete.
Talking to a doctor is one of the best starting points. There could be deep rooted causes for this issue and homeopathy aims at treating the root cause and not just infertility. A good homeopath will ask you numerous questions to find out associated symptoms, family history, etc. and then arrive at a remedy that would work best for you. This is a highly customised therapy and so self-medication based on a friend or family member’s recommendation is best avoided.
Infertility in females is often caused by the following reasons:
- Irregular menstruation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Advancing age
- Emotional stress
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, gonorrhoea)
- Structural abnormalities in the pelvic area including fibroids, pelvic adhesions, blocked fallopian tubes, etc.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory disease
- Thyroid disorders
With more and more women coming out in the open to discuss, researchers have started working towards identifying the problem and working towards the treatment. The success rate of homeopathy in treating infertility is also on the rise. As with any medical condition, homeopathy treats not just the problem or symptom at hand, but the person holistically. Read on to know some of the common homeopathic remedies, but make sure you have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify what would work best for you. Self-medication is best avoided.
- In women with reduced sexual drive, Agnus and Sepia are widely used. The vaginal is extremely dry which could be painful during sex. There is also a bearing down sensation of the uterus in these women.
- In women with reduced menstruation, Pulsatilla and Sepia are widely used. The periods are never on the expected date, and when they occur, the flow is quite scanty and suppressed. Pulsatilla is also used when ovarian cysts are present. Sepia is useful in women that are prone to miscarriages.
- In women with excessive menstruation, Calcarea and Aletris are widely used. The periods happen before time, is too long with profuse bleeding. This excessive bleeding also causes anaemia, weakness, and fatigue. These women might also have frequent abortions.
- In women who have experienced a miscarriage in their third month earlier, with uterine and ovarian inflammation, Sabina is used.
- In women who are not able to retain sperms, Natrum carb is useful. There could be an offensive smelling vaginal discharge which is also very irritating and itching.
These are just some of the common remedies, but there are more, and each patient would require different therapy based on associated symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding refers to abnormal vaginal bleeding caused due to an imbalance in hormone levels and hormone signals. The affirmation of such a disorder is attained following the method of elimination. Ruling out factors leading to vaginal bleeding helps confirm the condition of Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding. A proficient medical practitioner or a gynecologist so to say, will check if the bleeding is caused during pregnancy or due to a miscarriage, if there is a bacterial infection in the vagina or uterus and if bleeding is the result of a disease like cancer or a disorder like development of fibroids. When all these doubts are answered in negative, you know you are suffering from anovulatory bleeding; another name for the condition in concern. Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding is also starkly set against incongruities resulting from systemic disorders, inflammation of the skin of your cervix and frequent consumption of oral contraceptives.
What triggers Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding:
Doctors say that Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding could possibly be the effect of your ovaries not releasing an egg. The frenzied interaction of hormone signals might make you bleed very heavily during menstruation. Menstrual blood is likely to contain clots. Also, menstruation in this case could either be premature or delayed.
Clinical ways to examine the presence of this disorder in a woman
- An ultrasound may be used to detect problems in the pelvic region or in the uterus.
- Hysteroscopy gives a detailed and clearer view of the uterus.
- Hormone tests such as thyroid function tests are also useful.
- Some doctors even make use of Pap smear for diagnosis.
- A pregnancy test can identify signs.
- Biopsy is used to check for cancer or precancerous cells.
Commonly observed symptoms:
Some of the symptoms of Dysfunctional Uterine Disorder are the same as that resulting from hormonal issues;
- Hirsutism or excess hair growth on the face, chest and limbs.
- A kind of tenderness felt in and around the vagina.
- Sudden outburst and mood swings.
Other symptoms characteristic of an ovulatory bleeding are:
- Bleeding or spotting from vagina between two consecutive periods.
- Prolonged and disabling periods: Menstruation for some might last for more than eight to ten days.
- The duration between periods keeps altering every month.
- Heavy blood flow during periods and passage of clots could be worrisome.
Dysfunctional Uterine Bladder needs careful medical assistance and prompt treatment. Delaying the process can make you anemic and severely prone to endometrial cancer.
Sunlight plays a significant role in enhancing the sex hormones in human blood. Sunlight has a direct impact on brain’s serotonin production, which promotes sexual activity. It aids sexual development, improved fertility, increased arousal, heightened libido, enhanced sensations.
The Sunshine Vitamin (Vitamin D):
About 80% of Vitamin D, a steroid hormone is produced in our skin due to sunlight exposure, the ultraviolet-B (UVB) exposure to be precise. Vitamin D deficiency results in low sex drive in both men and women.
Sunlight exposure stimulates man’s libido by enhancing testosterone levels in the body.
Vitamin D deficiency causes low estrogen levels in women. A hormone regulated by the photosensitive pineal gland, LH (luteinizing hormone), is responsible for ovulation. Inadequacy of this hormone can hamper fertility. The sun exposure also reduces the level of melatonin hormone which curbs fertility.It’s not surprising that there are higher chances to conceive during summer.
Too much exposure to the Sun in our climatic conditions can be harmful.